The Scent of Roses

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

PA-KnightFan
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

The Scent of Roses

Post by PA-KnightFan » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:15 am

I watched this last night for the first time. Wow. How sad! I can't believe they killed Stevie. At the wedding no less!

I understand that was written as the series finale, even though it wasn't actually the last aired episode (a stupid decision by NBC). It was a fitting ending to the series, and one of the best episodes in its entire run. Edward Mulhare was terrific.

knightsangel
Recruit

The Scent of Roses

Post by knightsangel » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:45 am

:( :( If I may correct you. "Scent of Roses" was the season finale to season I believe 4----I think... :? :? Yes, to felt it was very sad, and tragic ending to the episode. Everyone did a great job in capturing the emotional feel to the episode. I cried when Stevie was killed off. And in some ways I wanted Michael to kill the villian off. He probably would have if Kitt wasn't aroud.

:cry: :cry: Suzie
What in this world keeps us from falling apart?No matter where I go I hear the beating of our one heart
- from Celine Dion's "I Drove All Night"

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:31 pm

lol you big sissy :lol:

PA-KnightFan
Volunteer

Post by PA-KnightFan » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:52 pm

Suzie - what were you correcting? I said it was intended to be the series finale. Season 4 was the last season. It was known by the writers and actors on the series that the show was to be canceled. Therefore, it was in effect the "series finale". If I have my facts wrong, sorry about that.

Anyway, yeah, I'm a big softie. I kinda wish they'd let Michael and Stevie go off into the sunset together. It was cool seeing Michael ride off into the horizon in KITT, heading for the foundation. But I think letting him and Stevie go off into life together would have been cool too.

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:54 pm

Yup. Scent of Roses and "pilot" are considered the strongest KR episodes there ever were. The plot is strong. The acting exceptional. Even David gave 120%.

In a way, Stevie had to die. She was one of the closest things the series had to a long term plot.

firebird1029
Volunteer

Post by firebird1029 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:24 pm

I guess I'm kind of bad, I didn't like Stevie. I'm glad she was written off. She irritated me, she always seemed so simpering and helpless. I hated that he agreed to marry her.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:51 am

I don't think Stevie was a simpering idiot at all; she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, especially in the "White Bird" episode.
I didn't know about the "Scent of Roses" episode being proposed as the last episode of "Knight Rider" at all until recently, when I read about DH himself having a wish for the episode to be the show's final episode in an article on the Internet.
:shock: :? :roll: 8)
As for the "Scent of Roses" episode, she was a huge help to Michael, even if, at times, he didn't really want to face the reality of his own life being in danger, but he would having to do so---that hard way!