Funniest moments in KR

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Funniest moments in KR

Post by Crumbling Down » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:08 pm

I would like to hear some of the funny moments in all of the 4 seasons of KR. One of my top favorite is when he busts in the door of the radio station asking the dj why doesn't he play crumbling down or isn't the timing right. I don't know why it's so funny, maybe just the way he kicks the door in or the fact that the wall has an indentation of the doorknob from them shooting the scene over and over. In lot's of the shows I think it's hillarius when he hits the turbo boost and he flings himself back in the seat really fast to make it seem like he is experiencing some high g forces. If you pause the screen when it is showing his face it is pretty hillarious some times when done right. I forget the title of the episode but the one where he enters kit in a race and he runs over an electrical cable shorting out kit's electrical system. When the system recharges a "cocktail" type music starts playing from kit. Later in the episode it happens again and michael says something like "will you turn that cocktail stuff off?"

What are some of your favorite funniest moments?
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:28 pm

Anything that Elliot Sykes did in Knight and Knerd was hilarious. :)

Also "A Good Knight's Work" where KITT turbo boosts into the apartment and says he hopes they have the right apartment. Then Michael pops out of the car and hits this guy. Then he gets back in and KITT says "How are we going to get down?" :lol: THAT was TOO funny! :)

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:36 am

I really liked the bit with Elliot and Devon they were always so funny, especially the bit with his cricket trophy. Too funny!!
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:21 am

Although a little corny, you gotta love the little "side bits". Like when the bad guys would try to break into KITT, or people watching KITT drive himself in disbelief, or KITT's interactions with various animals.. All pretty funny and original!

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:33 am

One funny moment was in "Final Verdict" when Michael went looking for Marty at the apartment building and tried to get in to the wrong room hitting his head to the window opening :lol:

-KITTfan-

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:29 am

THis is more of a glitch but it was still funny to see, in the first season in one of the episodes michael is getting out of kit and while he is shutting the door you see a hand come up from the back seat grabbing at the door almost like he was trying to keep the door from shutting when Michael closed it. I will try and find out exactly what ep it is but I remember it wasn't very hard to notice. I like in the 4th season when the one guy gets the motorcycle for free and bonnie,devon and michael are teasing him about what a piece of junk it is.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

nice plate
Recruit

Post by nice plate » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:03 am

sometimes i think the humour in knight rider was obviously aimed at the american audience anyway, some of the humour i dont find funny, although some bits can be quite funny. i love devons reaction in halloween night to the spider on his shoulder, now that is hilarious

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:09 am

Crumbling Down wrote
THis is more of a glitch but it was still funny to see, in the first season in one of the episodes michael is getting out of kit and while he is shutting the door you see a hand come up from the back seat grabbing at the door almost like he was trying to keep the door from shutting when Michael closed it.
That episode was "Speed Demons" in Season 2. It's as Michael pulls up to Kelly Travis' garage.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Making_Waves_of_my_Own
Recruit

funniest moment

Post by Making_Waves_of_my_Own » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:53 am

I think one of the funniest moments, at least for me, was near the end of a specific episode, when Michael and Bonnie catch the bad guy but find their jeans/pants covered in tar or mud. KITT says that they would have to clean up before getting inside the car. Michael and Bonnie then start walking towards KITT, but KITT goes into reverse and starts backing up. Then Michael runs towards KITT and shouts, "KITT!" as the KR segment ends and the last set of commercials start.

I thought that scene was nothing short of hilarious after the KR team was victorious by nabbing the bad guys! :D

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:50 am

I liked that one too, Making Waves of My Own!

"You two are not getting into me until you've had a thorough steam cleaning!!"

It comes from "Custom K.I.T.T." in Season 2, and I think the humour in that year was more consistent than the others -- they had found out what worked and what didn't, and got a real twinkle in the eye.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ThunderChild
Recruit

I agree.

Post by ThunderChild » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:21 am

I must agree with those little bits where thieves try to steal Kitt, etc.
Face it, the car made the show.

To quote Michael and Kitt in Mad-magazine:
M- "Shut up before I let the air out of your tires!"
K- "You shut up before I let the air out of your hair! without that windblown look, you're nothing..."

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:39 am

My own best funny moments of "Knight Rider" are:
When KITT first started to talk to Michael and Michael was like, "What the hell was that??!!?", and after their first conversation, he said, "I can't believe this. A car that talks back to me."
Michael, to Bonnie and Gaye Hollenbeck after Bonnie asked him what he filled the phony canister with:
"Oh, nothing special. I'm sure the Hammer's got camel pens full of it."
That's stull funny to me, if not to anyone else.
Michael to KITT in a parking lot:
"Boy, you're touchy. What'd you do, get up on the wrong side of the garage this morning?"
After KITT mentioned that car crushers made him claustrophobic, Michael to KITT:
"Well, I'll remember that the next time I have sardines."
Michael to KITT after KITT expressed his dislike for current styles:
"If styles hadn't changed, you'd still be a model T.", or something like that.

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:42 am

I love the camel pens full of it part. I had to listen to that one twice when I first heard because I was laughing to much. I don't know why but I think some of his facial expressions are priceless as well. For example when he first hits the turbo boost he alwasy flies back in the seat. I bet they had to replace the seat in kitt a couple times because of michaele flying backwards into it so many times. I also like when he is going over rough surfaces and he is bouncing all around in the seat like he is in a dune buggy race.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Re: funniest moment

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:22 pm

Making_Waves_of_my_Own wrote:I think one of the funniest moments, at least for me, was near the end of a specific episode, when Michael and Bonnie catch the bad guy but find their jeans/pants covered in tar or mud. KITT says that they would have to clean up before getting inside the car. Michael and Bonnie then start walking towards KITT, but KITT goes into reverse and starts backing up. Then Michael runs towards KITT and shouts, "KITT!" as the KR segment ends and the last set of commercials start.

I thought that scene was nothing short of hilarious after the KR team was victorious by nabbing the bad guys! :D
That wasn't Bonnnie. That was this other girl he was helping on the case. The one that lost her car to the thieves.

Making_Waves_of_my_Own
Recruit

Post by Making_Waves_of_my_Own » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:24 pm

OK, thanks, it's been several years since I've seen that episode! I appreciate the correction.

Paul

PA-KnightFan
Volunteer

Post by PA-KnightFan » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:33 am

The bit with the smart-alec talking teddy bear was pretty funny. Especially at the end when KITT ejects the thing.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:04 pm

Yeah that's what I was gonna say,

Mighty Mouth: "Yeah, you and what army?"
*Eject*
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:11 pm

I know the real quote I tried to say earlier:
"KITT, if Detroit hadn't changed, you'd still be a Model T!"
I hope that helps clear things up for anyone confused.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:33 am

making waves - no problem. You'd be surprised some of the mishaps I've acutally come up with when I don't remember episodes, and I own all 4 DVD sets! LOL!

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:55 pm

"Devon, Someone tried to kill me last night."

"I have an Allibi."
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

firebird1029
Volunteer

Post by firebird1029 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:18 pm

I thought Kitt's smart alec replies in Killer Kitt were hilarious!! Especially when Michael asked him to plot the fastest course and he said "Really Micheal, it's right there in front of you" or something like that. Then when Kitt said that he couldn't call because he had a headache! I also loved the part in this episode where Michael takes RC's bike and RC is gloating to Bonnie about how it's doing so well. She said something like you know how Michael takes care of equipment and gives a little smirk. This is one of my favorite episodes of all time.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:53 pm

TurbomanKnight wrote:"Devon, Someone tried to kill me last night."

"I have an Allibi."
I wanted to say that one but I couldn't remember the wording. Hilarious.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:38 am

I find it funny in "Forget Me Not" when Micki was captured in her apartment and tried to explain to the bad guy that she has an amnesia. The bad guys response: "Amnesia? You've been watching too many soap operas."
In the very next season Michael lost his memory and KITT lost his memory in the 3rd season, does it make Knight Rider a soap opera :lol:
I don't know how common this "character losing his/her memory" is in the actual soap operas though (for instance "The Young and the Restless", did Snapper Foster ever lost his memory? ;) ) since I usually don't watch them.

-KITTfan-