KITT in 3D

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Kaine
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Kaine » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:38 am

that looks awesome! you hit the nail on the head with this interior, and the picture of KITT in the desert is to die for!
i agree with ReddawgKnight: this has to get into GTA:SA (or maybe NFS:Carbon)

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:26 am

as far as im aware nfs carbon isnt at a stage where cars can be ported over to it just yet.
but on the other hand nfs most wanted can take a look here...please read the whole thread http://www.nfscars.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18938

ThunderChild
Recruit

NFS:MW

Post by ThunderChild » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:39 pm

Wow! I had no idea NFS: MW could use custom cars! As soon as I have some more time, I'll definitely look into that.
Since GTA already has a few KITT's, and since I prefer NFS anyway (NFS:Carbon was a real letdown though),
I'll try and focus on getting my Kitt in there. Thanx for the heads-up Reddawg!

I'm busy rendering some video clips of Maya-Kitt and the other model I told you about... any ideas on where I can upload them for all to enjoy?
My Kitt video rendered quite nicely, racing through the desert, kicking up dust and everything... Hope to get it uploaded soon. in the meantime, If anyone wants a free sneak preview, let me know and I'll mail it to you.

One last thing: I'm already planning to make a new model of my Maya-Kitt, the one you see here have too many mistakes. If anyone could send or direct me to a site that has a quality detailed top-Down view of Kitt, Maybe even three-point drawings like the ones made by wannabegeorge I used (but with the top view), I'd appreciate it! :)

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:56 pm

http://www.rapidshare.com may be a decent host for your videos...but there is a 100MB upload limit so make sure that they are in WMV,MPEG or even in AVI formats so that everybody can view them properly.
and about the HQ detailed top down view of kitt...well lets just say good luck trying to find a pic like that man.

Behemoth
Recruit

Post by Behemoth » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:47 pm

Shame NFS 4 HS no longer works or I'd say bung it my way and I get some people to work their magic and I'd get NFS Knights up and runing again.

ThunderChild
Recruit

Sorry...

Post by ThunderChild » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:05 pm

Hi Everyone!

Sorry about the LOOOOONGggg wait....
Here's the URL for a short clip I made with KITT and another of my 3D models. more to come. hope you like it... :)
http://www.zippyvideos.com/3564813076848296/kr1/

PS- hope you can see it too, my browser was acting a little haywire when I checked if it worked...

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:24 pm

that was great man keep us updated with your work of arts. ;)

J-Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by J-Knight » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:30 am

Wow Coooool!
Devon-"Shall we drink to the start of.."
Michael-"Of what?"
Devon-"One mans Dream"

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:43 pm

Any updates on your kitt model thunderchild?

ThunderChild
Recruit

update

Post by ThunderChild » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:36 pm

Not yet... :(
Other projects of work keeps me busy and not really in the mood to work on 3d, but I got some inspiration from watching the new TRANSFORMERS movie!

What do you guys think about a transforming KITT?

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:36 pm

GO FOR IT!!! :) And a Transforming KARR after that if you ever get the time.

I have to see The Transformers movie when it comes out on DVD. Definitely on my wish list!

ThunderChild
Recruit

Post by ThunderChild » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:56 pm

Spent the afternoon mucking about and chopping up my 3d model, couldn't help myself!

a few hours of moving bits and pieces around and I got a fair idea of what TransformerKITT would look like...

http://thunderchild.cgsociety.org/gallery/523297/

This is just a hash-job, lots of stuff still missing, but it should give a general idea what I'm aiming towards....

Hope to get some tips and ideas from everyone!

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:12 am

that looks really sweet man keep us updated lol.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:16 pm

:shock: AWESOME!! :) Though I'm not too nuts about his ah... 'bum' but then again nobody's backside (least of all mine :lol: ) is anything to get excisted about. :lol:

Though I did notice one thing that bothered me. The back view, his thighs look like they are made from doors, as it looks like doorhandles, or are those his front fenders and those things that look like doorhandles are actually the front fender vents? I wasn't so sure. I thought for a moment you were portraying KITT as a sedan-based transformer. :lol: Guess my observation skills need more sharpening though.

Overall, I LOVE the look! That is SO KITT! Especially the face, I love how you integrated the scanner and voice box, etc. as both in the show seemed to be what KITT used to express himself.

Very nicely done! I bet that took a very long time to do. I've tried some 3D with Blender, Bryce, POVRay and Poser and I am no good at it. It's very difficult for me to learn (though my PC is powerful enough to handle rendering, I lack some depth skill and it takes a LONG time to work on more detailed models).

I admire your diligence and talent. Definitely keep us posted whenever you do more.

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:51 pm

Wow! That's pretty sweet. I can't imgine how long it took just to figure out where all the different parts would go. The head shot is my favorite. Can't wait to see the finished project. :)
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"