My first replica sighting

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

trooper TK-WHA??
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

My first replica sighting

Post by trooper TK-WHA?? » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:13 pm

Hey all,
On Tuesday after a blah-blah day at work,I pull out of the parking lot and head for home.Just before I hit the intersection that takes me to the parkway,I see a black car waiting to make a left.As I get closer,I'm thinking wait,3rd gen body,Turbo Cast rims,bowling ball caps,custom nose...HOLY*BLEEP*!! It's a replica!At this point,I'm trying to keep the geek in me at bay and not rear-end another car.I pass by,he makes the same left I do and I'm thinking"Oh man,KITT's in my rearview mirror!tee hee!At the next light he makes a left and when he passed by,I could see a fully decked-out interior AND a license plate with KNIGHT on it.After I got home,I was geeking out for at least an hour.Mind you,I've never seen a replica in person before in my life,so this was a big thrill for me.This occured in Deer Park,NY.To the replica owner,I would just like to say a big THANK YOU.You made my week.
-Chris
If only I had a nickel for every time someone cut me off on the parkway and wished for a Turbo-Boost or Micro-jammer...

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:17 pm

Man, I really gotta go up to Deer Park for those meets...
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

md_knight_rider
Rookie

Post by md_knight_rider » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:16 pm

Chris,

You should try to make it to The 2007 Mid-Atlantic Knight Riders' Summit in Baltimore. Even if you just come down for a day, we plan to have several conversions on hand. Think about it...

Mid-Atlantic Knight Riders' Summit Website

We'd love to have ya!
Director - The Mid-Atlantic Knight Riders' Summit

http://www.mdknightrider.com

I project odds of a thousand to one against my meeting a more compatible human than yourself.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:47 pm

I think Scott Rice has a replica with "KNIGHT" on the plate (NY Plates). What confuses me is why would any replica owner be driving his replica in the middle of winter, especially with all the ice/snow that is going on in this part of the country? Unless he had to take it in for inspection or something.

I think I would have been quite surprised if I saw a replica! Unfortunately, I can't travel to shows and there aren't any replicas in my immediate area. The most I get treated to are 3rd Gen T/As, a few 4ths now and then and a scant treat of a dovetail or two.

snafu
FLAG Recruit

Post by snafu » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:21 pm

There used to be a black '82 or '83 TA down the block but they either moved or sold the car.
I've seen lots of interesting cars here (I'm down the road from some $5M houses, so I see Vipers and Ferraris and stuff like that) but no replicas. Poop.
Heaven, where all QC only has to be run once.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Re: My first replica sighting

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:38 pm

trooper TK-WHA?? wrote:Hey all,
On Tuesday after a blah-blah day at work,I pull out of the parking lot and head for home.Just before I hit the intersection that takes me to the parkway,I see a black car waiting to make a left.As I get closer,I'm thinking wait,3rd gen body,Turbo Cast rims,bowling ball caps,custom nose...HOLY*BLEEP*!! It's a replica!At this point,I'm trying to keep the geek in me at bay and not rear-end another car.I pass by,he makes the same left I do and I'm thinking"Oh man,KITT's in my rearview mirror!tee hee!At the next light he makes a left and when he passed by,I could see a fully decked-out interior AND a license plate with KNIGHT on it.After I got home,I was geeking out for at least an hour.Mind you,I've never seen a replica in person before in my life,so this was a big thrill for me.This occured in Deer Park,NY.To the replica owner,I would just like to say a big THANK YOU.You made my week.
-Chris
I'm also on Long Island, NY, and found out that there's a replica right in my own home town of Valley Stream. It's at least a late '80s-early '90s Trans Am, as it has a wrap-around spoiler. It also has a "KNIGHT" license plate, but has a number in place of one of the letters (I don't want to post the guy's exact license plate online). I'm not sure if it's a fully decked-out replica with the dashboard because I don't want to snoop around in front of the guy's house. :)
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

trooper TK-WHA??
Rookie

Post by trooper TK-WHA?? » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:17 pm

Fuzzie Dice:The driveway he was pulling out of has some kind of specialty auto shop.I'm not sure what kind at this time.
MD Knight:I saw the web page for the Summit last week.I'm actually considering going.I semi-regularly go to the Farpoint and Shore-Leave conventions at the Hunt Valley Marriott,which is run by the Star Trek Association of Towson.I'll check with some like-minded friends to see if I can persuade them to go with me.

I realize that the feelings that replica evoked in me are about the same as when I'm with my Star Wars club doing an appearance and I get to see people's faces,young and old,light up when they see me in my Stormtrooper costume.It's very rewarding.

P.S.:
Lost Knight:I hear ya.I would have loved to talk to the guy about the replica,but I would have been holding up traffic(a distinct no-no)and following him might have spooked him.
-Chris
If only I had a nickel for every time someone cut me off on the parkway and wished for a Turbo-Boost or Micro-jammer...

AusKnight2K
Operative

Re: My first replica sighting

Post by AusKnight2K » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:52 pm

trooper TK-WHA?? wrote:Hey all,
-Chris
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean, I went all gooey when I first saw aussie.kitt's replica. At the time, he probably thought I was some kind of wierdo!

One of the things I always wanted to do was go to Universal (not exactly nearby for me!) to see KITT on display there, but when I was able to actually touch one and sit inside KITT (after nearly 25 years!) it felt like I had been in a time machine and was a kid again. Needless to say, it has most certainly filled the void and I won't be needed that plane ticket anymore (sorry Universal!) :)

aussie.kitt
Volunteer

Post by aussie.kitt » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:05 am

Hey, ausknight2k Ive yet to meet a true KR fan that Id class as a "wierdo". Its true that some people get a little over excited when they see my KITT, but its good to see people enjoy looking at the car & asking lots of questions. I dont usually allow people to enter the car while its on display, as it can quickly snowball into everybody wanting to jump in it!!
But if someone wants to wait around for when theres not quite so many people around, then they can sit in the car.. 8)

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:08 pm

I bet it's like a kid sitting in Santa's lap! :) Man, I'd love to see a KITT and sit inside! And even KARR too!!

nice plate
Recruit

Post by nice plate » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:15 am

hey guys,
I think the best experience would be to go for a drive in a fully blown replica at night when all the dash is on and working!!

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:06 am

i have shown the video on youtube of some rides in the RHD KITT (aussie.kitt) which shows the dash working from a passenger perspective. Ausknight2k and I know just how great it is!
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:37 pm

I believe the car you saw was in fact Scott Rice's KITT. And the part about him leaving a shop, he mentioned he was getting some engine work done.

His KITT is one of the best out there. =D
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:14 am

I kinda thought it might be his. So how's his KITT doing lately? Hope the engine work wasn't too serious.

What's under the hood? Is it crossfire or Chevy 350? I forgot.