Kitt side Drawing

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Kitt side Drawing

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:45 pm

Boy do I love the fact that my job lets me draw while working.All day long I get to draw kitts dashboards,front,sides etc. :D

Somehow I don't feel like you can call the cars I draw kitt until you hear the sound effect from season 3 when Michael hits the accelerator while viewing this and i just heard it as i posted the pic.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:04 pm

Fantastic work!!!

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:46 am

Nice work :)
Few years ago I had similar free time at work because a server crashed and it was down the whole day. Therefore we couldn't do our jobs and I too used my free time to draw side view of KITT with Windows Paint :D
Here's pic of my drawing:

-KITTfan-

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:51 pm

You guys are SO talented! I'd love to try this type of thing with Paint Shop Pro X's vector drawing tools but I have never had the time. :?

I also have Poser 5, Bryce 5, Blender, Inkscape. LOTS of drawing and imaging tools to work with but never took to the task of trying to draw KITT.

wannabegeorge
Operative

Post by wannabegeorge » Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:24 pm

Something I made a long time ago:

It's *pretty* accurate. But if you're going to use it for something like building a 3d model, you'll need to tweak it a bit.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:28 pm

I love it! These would make nice Blueprint drawings for a wallpaper. :)

KITT5
Recruit

Post by KITT5 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:42 am

those are all pretty good,

back in high school i drew a side veiw of KITT free hand & it turned out pretty good, i can't find it though

AusKnight2K
Operative

Post by AusKnight2K » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:59 am

KITTfan wrote:Nice work :)
Few years ago I had similar free time at work because a server crashed and it was down the whole day. Therefore we couldn't do our jobs and I too used my free time to draw side view of KITT with Windows Paint :D
-KITTfan-
You guys are amazing! That is simply brilliant!
How the heck do you draw something like that with Windows Paint ???? :shock: I would have lost my patience in the first 5 minutes!

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:29 am

I am sure with an intelligent mind like KITTfan's you could probably visualize this without too much trouble. The nose is really great because it has an interesting look to it which is more difficult to draw than the stock nose.
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

nice plate
Recruit

Post by nice plate » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:50 am

wannabegeorge that is really really good! :D

nice plate
Recruit

Post by nice plate » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:04 pm

that is brilliant wannabegeorge!!

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:01 pm

ausknight2k wrote:
KITTfan wrote:Nice work :)
-KITTfan-
You guys are amazing! That is simply brilliant!
How the heck do you draw something like that with Windows Paint ???? :shock: I would have lost my patience in the first 5 minutes!
LOL, thanks :D I don't use at home Win Paint but the PC at work didn't have anything else so I used what was available.
Drawing with computer is something I did already in the 80's with Commodore 64, it had program called Koala Painter but didn't have mouse for 64 so it was horrible trying to draw and putting pixels where I wanted with digital joystic :lol: Later I got Amiga which had mouse as a standard equipment and drew with program called Deluxe Paint which is a bit like Windows Paint nowdays.
Here's Knight Rider drawing I made with Amiga, I left the Deluxe Paint toolbars visible on purpose in the pic :wink: I used tracing technique though for KITT in the pic, the basic lines are from picture about stock '83 T/A.

Wannabegeorge, those are excellent drawings, very accurate!

-KITTfan-

AusKnight2K
Operative

Post by AusKnight2K » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:14 pm

KITTfan wrote: LOL, thanks :D I don't use at home Win Paint but the PC at work didn't have anything else so I used what was available.
Drawing with computer is something I did already in the 80's with Commodore 64, it had program called Koala Painter but didn't have mouse for 64 so it was horrible trying to draw and putting pixels where I wanted with digital joystic :lol: Later I got Amiga which had mouse as a standard equipment and drew with program called Deluxe Paint which is a bit like Windows Paint nowdays.
Here's Knight Rider drawing I made with Amiga, I left the Deluxe Paint toolbars visible on purpose in the pic :wink: I used tracing technique though for KITT in the pic, the basic lines are from picture about stock '83 T/A.
Ah yes, those were the days, weren't they ... I also had both a C64 and A500, brings back wonderful memories ... I had Rolf Harris' Picture Builder for my C64 (what a joke! came with the purchase). And I remember seeing some truly amazing graphics with Deluxe Paint, Aegis had some great stuff back then. You should have used a cycling palette for the scanner! ;-)
The Amiga was 10 (probably more) years ahead of it's time, very sad it didn't catch on and we have to use PC's today ...
KITTfan wrote: Wannabegeorge, those are excellent drawings, very accurate!
-KITTfan-
Yes, totally agree also :-)
wannabegeorge, what was your tool(s) of choice for those drawings?

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:03 am

looking awesome knight racer as usual great work buddy. ;)
wannabegeorge what ever happened to your 3d KITT and KARR models project you was working on a while back?

wannabegeorge
Operative

Post by wannabegeorge » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:07 am

Sadly nothing. I don't even have 3ds max installed on my computer anymore. But I still have the files if I get ambitious.

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:26 am

what a shame i was really hyped up to have them ported to san andreas someday...oh well then.