Can I have your vote re: Season 3 DVDs

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

EVH5150
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Can I have your vote re: Season 3 DVDs

Post by EVH5150 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:39 pm

Hi guys,

I see that KR Season 3 is quite competitively-price at the moment in the UK market, and I'm interested in buying it. I've held off so far because it wasn't an essential purchase, and plus I'd heard about the sound defects. The UK discs still have, I'm sure, the missing sound effects, but can I have a vote from everyone who owns the set as to whether the missing sound effects are particularly annoying? Of course, I'd like to own the DVDs with this issue fixed, but is it worth not buying the set because of them, since they are unlikely to ever be fixed in the UK?

Also, I don't believe there are any problems with KR Season 4 DVDs, are there?

Thanks!
Brian Elliott is a journalist, and a regular contributor to DVD Reviewer and SLAM! Wrestling .

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:01 am

It depends how much you like the show. I'm a hardcore fan so will settle for it in any way.

The effects are noticeable and can be a bit on the annoying side if you watch one episode after another, because there are missing fx in a handful of episodes, but since you are most likely to do that only once when you first get it, then it shouldn't really bother you.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:02 am

As Skav just mentioned, hardcore fans would buy it anyway and I am one of them so that should apply to me as well.
In my country the DVD's are of Region 2 since the format is PAL.
But the prices are quite high here in Sweden, so I though, why not buy the Knight Rider DVD's from Amazon.co.uk? It's cheaper and the delivery is quite fast!
I've got the 1st, 2nd and the 4th seasons on DVD and I have to say that so far, I haven't noticed any missing sound or error with the disks?
I was surprised that people had or still have problems with their disks, but I can't notice anything that's wrong with mine!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

EVH5150
Volunteer

Post by EVH5150 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:18 am

Thanks for the opinions, guys. Although I wouldn't count myself as a hardcore fan, Knight Rider was my favourite show in my childhood, and I love watching them all again. It's disappointing that I have to even think about not buying the Season 3 DVDs, but I'll probably hold out in the hope that one day, the Season 3 discs do get fixed.
Brian Elliott is a journalist, and a regular contributor to DVD Reviewer and SLAM! Wrestling .

Daemonicus666
Operative

Post by Daemonicus666 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:54 am

Honestly the missing sound effects in Season 3 are nothing. The episodes are still watchable. Its only in a few episodes it can be really noticed in. Its worth the buy
"I have special effects of my own. Im going to make you disappear for 20 years man..." - Michael Knight (Halloween Knight)

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:51 am

Hi 8)

I become my Season 3 1 Month ago and they use for Knight of the Drones the Intro from Season 4 the rest is okay i think.

sophos77
Rookie

Post by sophos77 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:21 am

Certainly, in Seasons 1,2 and 4, the DVDs are very good. No problem at all.

There are only two minor missing sound effects in the first episode of Season 4 (KNIGHT OF THE JUGGERNAUT). But there is nothing to worry. You can harly notice the problem.

Only, in Season 3, there are missing sound effects, in some episodes.
To be honest, these are not serious problems for the average viewer.

Of course, it would be better if they could fix them. Unfortunately, it may spoil the viewing if you want everything to be perfect.

I recommend to buy Seasons 3 (and of course all the seasons) without hesitation.

The episode 'KITT vs KARR', which is the most favourite for the majority of the fans, is perfect! You can enjoy it. There is NO problem with it. Hopefully, everything is fine with this episode! :wink:

'Knight of the Chameleon' suffers the most due to the sound effects problem (but it is not so great as an episode).

So, I recommend to buy Season 3 and enjoy 'KITT vs KARR. :wink:

You can find good offers also in: http://www.play.com

EVH5150
Volunteer

Post by EVH5150 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:06 pm

Well, I got both Season 3 & 4, as part of a gift I'll get for Christmas. I got them for a combined total of £29 ($57 US), so I'm pretty pleased.

Actually, Daemonicus666, I bought the versions from your homeland. ;) at http://www.dvdcrave.com.au, if anyone wants to know. I've used these guys before and they've always been reliable, even in delivering to the UK.

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:40 pm

This Episode has in Original different opening Credits. In Germany we have the Opening Credit from Season 4 in the episode "KNIGHT OF THE DRONES" wich is very bad. What opening Credit is in Uk on the Box in Knight of the Drones?? Seasom 4 or Season 3 or is there the Opening Credit to hire KITTs new Dashboard??

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:54 pm

I have yet to notice a single problem with my Season 3 DVDs, not sure what everyone's talking about.

I haven't even bought Season 4 as I heard their in MONO sound. Is that true? That's so stupid, the show was aired in stereo, why would it ever be in Mono?
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

nice plate
Recruit

Post by nice plate » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:52 am

now i don't want to get flak for this :oops: but who cares about any minor missing sound effects!!?? It doesn't ruin the whole experience the programme is still fun and good.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:50 pm

I'd recommend getting all 4 seasons of "Knight Rider" on DVD, even with the Mono sound on the 4th season DVD set, which doesn't really bother me at all.

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:08 pm

Well, I finally bit the bullet and got Season 3. It arrived today!