Knight Rider - The Ultimate Collection DVD Boxset

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: Matthew, neps, Michael Pajaro

Locked
User avatar
Toni Nummela
Knight of Finland
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:25 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Tampere, Finland

Knight Rider - The Ultimate Collection DVD Boxset

Post by Toni Nummela » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:49 am

This image was on a finnish DVD-forum (originally on Amazon.co.uk). Looks good:

Image

/TN

EDIT:
Corrected (originally on Amazon.co.uk) instead of .com
Found the original URL: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Knight-Rider-Complete-Box-Set/dp/B000J10L9U/sr=8-28/qid=1160549917/ref=sr_1_28/202-3845146-0151819?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

User avatar
Daemonicus666
Operative
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:18 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Rockhampton, Australia

Post by Daemonicus666 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:44 am

I agree with you, it looks really cool
"I have special effects of my own. Im going to make you disappear for 20 years man..." - Michael Knight (Halloween Knight)

User avatar
Lauzzy81
Recruit
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:29 pm

Post by Lauzzy81 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:24 pm

Damn this boxset looks cool! Man I already have all 4 seasons on Region 1 discs, but this boxset I might want to buy, its awsome!

User avatar
corlando52
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2003 9:47 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Long Island, NY
Contact:

Post by corlando52 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:08 pm

Anything new included on the DVDs that hasn't been released with the originals?

User avatar
KITTfan
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1028
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Finland

Post by KITTfan » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:14 am

I hope that dvd box would include the corrected sfx for 3rd season because as far as I know, region2 S3 dvd:s still doesn't have the fixed version available. I'm not sure about the 4th season though if it has any problems.
It also would be great if there'd be subtitles, among others, Finnish subtitles... ;)

-KITTfan-

User avatar
Skav
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1999
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: England, UK
Contact:

Post by Skav » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:02 am

I think they should have been a bit more original with their artwork. The picture's are just rehashes of what you'd see on the seperate sets.

I would buy this but I want my episodes in order so I have the R1 version. The R2 has the pilot episode out of sequence.

If that is corrected and it has the 30 second teasers then I'd get it.

User avatar
djshag69
Operative
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:54 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Post by djshag69 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:38 pm

hmmmmm you think this will come out in the states? might be nice for display

User avatar
black knight2000
Operative
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:02 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: melbourne australia

Post by black knight2000 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:15 am

mm intresting will it come out to australia
allways loved knight rider

User avatar
K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 860
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: England
Contact:

Post by K.I.T.T » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:11 am

Its out here in UK, i have this at home! Its a lovely boxset!

Nick

User avatar
sophos77
Rookie
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:06 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Bath, England, UK

Post by sophos77 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:40 pm

K.I.T.T wrote:Its out here in UK, i have this at home! Its a lovely boxset!

Nick


Hello Nick,

Did they fix the sound effects problems with Season 3?

Are the discs exactly the same with the ones released in the single Season Boxsets?

User avatar
K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 860
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: England
Contact:

Post by K.I.T.T » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:00 pm

not got to season 3 yet sadly. I also did not purchase the single dvds.

Sorry

Nick

User avatar
Matthew
Site Administrator
Posts: 1144
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2002 1:01 am
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: England

Post by Matthew » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:42 am

K.I.T.T wrote:not got to season 3 yet sadly. I also did not purchase the single dvds.

Sorry

Nick


If you get the chance, a good way to find out would be for you to slip in the disc with 'The Ice Bandits' on it, and fast forward it to the point where Michael’s visiting Jody's home a short time after Charlie tries to kill Lyle. If the sound effect for the phone ringing is there when Devon calls looking for Michael, there's a solid chance that the sound effects have been fixed for this set. However, given the lack of acknowledgment by PlayBack regarding the problems that mirrored those of our US counterparts, I fully expect for this set to have retained the same defects.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

User avatar
AusKnight2K
Operative
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:39 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by AusKnight2K » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:49 am

Are there any bloopers, out takes, etc. ?

User avatar
K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 860
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: England
Contact:

Post by K.I.T.T » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:31 am

No there isnt. The only extras are what season one boxset came with.

Nick

User avatar
sophos77
Rookie
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:06 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Bath, England, UK

Post by sophos77 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:41 pm

K.I.T.T wrote:not got to season 3 yet sadly. I also did not purchase the single dvds.

Sorry

Nick


No problem!

Many thanks for your reply, Nick. :wink:

Whenever you have the time to watch Season 3, I would be very grateful if you could let me know.

If you watch KNIGHT OF THE CHAMELEON, you can easily spot the sound effects problem.
At the beginning of the episode, when KITT and Michael are chasing the van, many sound effects are missing.

Modo
Volunteer
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:15 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: UK

Post by Modo » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:56 pm

There was another boxset advertised on play.com last that had Complete Seasons 1-4 but had in brackets 'limited edition KITT'. and for reasons no knew why, it was withdrawn. Was this supposed to be a boxset in the shape of KITT?

I'd certainly like to know.
One man can make a difference - Wilton Knight

User avatar
sophos77
Rookie
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:06 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Bath, England, UK

Post by sophos77 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:34 pm

Modo wrote:There was another boxset advertised on play.com last that had Complete Seasons 1-4 but had in brackets 'limited edition KITT'. and for reasons no knew why, it was withdrawn. Was this supposed to be a boxset in the shape of KITT?

I'd certainly like to know.


Yeah, I remember this.

In the limited edition, I think that the whole collection was offered together with a KITT gadget.
This gadget is still available and you can order it separately.
You can find information in the following link:
http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/ ... duct.html#

User avatar
KITTfan
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1028
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Finland

Post by KITTfan » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:25 am

From the description in Play.com it's the ERTL diecast KITT model. It was announced recently that ERTL is going to stop producing diecast models completely, maybe that's why the KITT edition of the DVD:s was withdrawn?

Off topic but when I heard ERTL is going to stop making diecast models, I ordered another KITT model and received it in this week. This KITT has all clear foglights without black dots and to my surprise, painted red voicebox which they didn't do before to my knowledge.
Here's pic of the voicebox:
Image

-KITTfan-

User avatar
PBH
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 566
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:46 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Post by PBH » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:52 pm

KITTfan wrote:From the description in Play.com it's the ERTL diecast KITT model. It was announced recently that ERTL is going to stop producing diecast models completely, maybe that's why the KITT edition of the DVD:s was withdrawn?

Off topic but when I heard ERTL is going to stop making diecast models, I ordered another KITT model and received it in this week. This KITT has all clear foglights without black dots and to my surprise, painted red voicebox which they didn't do before to my knowledge.
Here's pic of the voicebox:
Image

-KITTfan-

Really! Do you mind taking a photo of the fog lights?

User avatar
rhdaussiekitt
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 271
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:55 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: australia
Contact:

Post by rhdaussiekitt » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:46 am

any updates on the box set?
--knightman--

User avatar
KITTfan
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1028
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Finland

Post by KITTfan » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:11 am

PBH wrote:
KITTfan wrote:From the description in Play.com it's the ERTL diecast KITT model. It was announced recently that ERTL is going to stop producing diecast models completely, maybe that's why the KITT edition of the DVD:s was withdrawn?

Off topic but when I heard ERTL is going to stop making diecast models, I ordered another KITT model and received it in this week. This KITT has all clear foglights without black dots and to my surprise, painted red voicebox which they didn't do before to my knowledge.
Here's pic of the voicebox:
Image

-KITTfan-

Really! Do you mind taking a photo of the fog lights?


Here it is:
Image

My old & new KITT nose to nose:
Image

I've ordered KARR too and should receive it in the next few days :)

-KITTfan-

User avatar
PBH
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 566
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:46 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Post by PBH » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:35 am

KITTfan wrote:
PBH wrote:
KITTfan wrote:From the description in Play.com it's the ERTL diecast KITT model. It was announced recently that ERTL is going to stop producing diecast models completely, maybe that's why the KITT edition of the DVD:s was withdrawn?

Off topic but when I heard ERTL is going to stop making diecast models, I ordered another KITT model and received it in this week. This KITT has all clear foglights without black dots and to my surprise, painted red voicebox which they didn't do before to my knowledge.
Here's pic of the voicebox:
Image

-KITTfan-

Really! Do you mind taking a photo of the fog lights?


Here it is:
Image

My old & new KITT nose to nose:
Image

I've ordered KARR too and should receive it in the next few days :)

-KITTfan-

Damn! This will be KITT #3 for me! The first had amber lenses and the second has those stupid dots. Sheesh!!!

Locked