Mid-Atlantic Knight Riders' Summit - CAR SHOW AND CONVENTION

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

md_knight_rider
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Mid-Atlantic Knight Riders' Summit - CAR SHOW AND CONVENTION

Post by md_knight_rider » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:21 pm

If anyone visits the Registries, then you may recall my post about the East Coast Gathering.

I thought the name was too close to the West Coast gathering so I didn't want to be thought of as copying their name, plus I was looking for something "catchy". Hope this works.

The event will be called The Mid-Atlantic Knight Riders' Summit. The name of the event only refers to location, everyone from everywhere is welcome.

Anyway, much planning and much progress. At this point the date is not "etched in stone" but it looks like it will be June 29th and 30th because the kids are out of school at that time, please feel free to let me know if this is a bad weekend for anyone. Shirt design is done(it's subtle but nice), banner design is done, sign design is done, flyer design is done, and the hotels are chosen and the places are really nice. It will be at the Hampton Inn/Hiton Garden Inn in White Marsh, Maryland, right off I-95. The two hotels sit adjacent to each other and are managed by the same company and share a large parking lot. I am still in the process of negotiating group rates for the two hotels and I'll let everyone know which will be the least expensive. The rooms at the Hilton are actually cheaper, but are limited and will go first to those who register for the event first. The rooms at the Hampton are only about $20.00 more/night. The halls at the Hampton should be big enough for us. I plan to have security on site overnight (budget willing) for the cars.

As for dinner; the catering services that I've spoke with have a minimum of 30 adults for the main menu (buffet style with plenty of food) and for the kids menu a minuimum of 15 kids. I'm possibly bringing 6 adults and 2 kids, so we still need about 24 adults and 13 kids to get the dinner catered. If we can't reach that number of people, the cost of the show will be cheaper, but dinner will be on your own on Saturday. The great part about these hotels is that they sit right in the middle of The Avenue at White Marsh and White Marsh Mall, there are dozens of great places to eat that aren't super expensive. You guys tell me what you want to do. Please note that you do not need a car to come out with us.
I'm planning on advertising on a local radio station that seems entusiatsic about the event, but all of the details need to be DONE before I can advertise.

Here's the site for the Hampton Inn (NO LONGER THE LOCATION)

Here's the site for the Hilton Garden Inn (NO LONGER THE LOCATION)

Trophies will be awarded for the cars, and we will have peer judging of the cars. The only thing that would stop this gathering is if the hotel cannot provide a nice group rate, or noone "RSVPs". We can control the number of members that come, so I hope that we can reach the numbers that we need.

I will be posting updates here and I have created a web page on my web site for information, that will be updated as well. For updates and info you can go to:

The Mid-Atlantic Knight Rider's Summit page

If anyone here would like to participate in the show, let me know. Further if there is anyone who has memoribilia that they'd like to display, let me know too. If there is enough interest for tables and/or vendors, I will create a different rate for tables in the bigger hall, which will most likely be a cheaper rate than the cost of bringing a car, but I don't know what that cost will be because the size of the hall will depend on the number of people interested, and the bigger halls cost more. Please note that my intentions are never to overshadow the Knight Nats., but to happen in unison each year, which is why I planned it so early, not to conflict with the Nats. or take anything away from that event. Any insight or tips into planning these events that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. Please PM me with any help that you can offer.

More details to come, I look forward to seeing everyone again.

Here's the left chest design for the shirts:

Ryan
Last edited by md_knight_rider on Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:49 am, edited 3 times in total.

md_knight_rider
Rookie

Post by md_knight_rider » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:42 pm

I guess what I forgot to put in the post was if you're interested in comming, please reply here.
Director - The Mid-Atlantic Knight Riders' Summit

http://www.mdknightrider.com

I project odds of a thousand to one against my meeting a more compatible human than yourself.

md_knight_rider
Rookie

Post by md_knight_rider » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:23 pm

Come on guys and gals, 47 people have read this post and NOONE is even remotely interested in coming? I'm not looking for absolute commitments now, just interest in it. We definitely need to reach the 30 adults/15 kids mark if we're going to have a dinner at the gathering.

I project odds of a thousand to one against my meeting a more compatible human than yourself.

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:07 am

If it'll be here in Baltimore next year, I'm definitely coming and I'll drag my girlfriend along with me. Who knows, I may be able to find more friends to convince to go also. :-)

md_knight_rider
Rookie

Post by md_knight_rider » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:12 pm

BUMP!!!

I just wanted everyone to know that this event isn't dead. I had to take some time away from the planning of the Summit to plan and participate in my wedding. Now that that's behind me I am back at this thing full force. I have meetings set up and if I can get enough sponsors, the cost of this will be really nice. I'll be sure to keep this post updated as more happens, but I just wanted to let everyone know that the planning is still going on...good things are happening.

md_knight_rider
Rookie

Post by md_knight_rider » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:48 pm

It is with much pleasure, but some regret, that I had a meeting with the Director of Sales for the Hilton Inn on November 8th. I found out that the Hilton Inn had given away the days that I had reserved for some wedding party that only wanted the hall for several hours, rather than our rental of the space for two days. Initially I was furious. However, in transit I passed a hotel that I’ve passed hundreds of times, but had overlooked as a potential location for the show. After about 30 minutes of talking with their Director of Sales, we settled into a price, room discounts and other arrangements for this new hotel. The show will now be held at the Comfort Inn Towson and it is a much better location.

Here’s the link for the Comfort Inn Towson.

The difference in drive time is about 10 minutes.

Further information about the show is now available at http://www.mdknightrider.com/midatlantic_summit.html. There you will find downloadable information and registration forms, follow those instructions for registration.

You may begin registering and sending in your payments and forms now. Deadline for registration to obtain the group rate for the hotel rooms is Sunday, May 28, 2007. You may still register for the event after this date, but the rooms will be at the Comfort Inn’s regular summer room rates.

We need a total of 40 people, adults and children included, to register for this event. I already have heard from 18 people that they are willing to come out, that leaves us requiring 22 more people to register. Switching topics there are 12 letters and e-mails that went out to stars from Knight Rider to attend. No promises at this point, but as soon as we get confirmations or declinations I will “let the cat out of the bag”.

This show is inline to be a great time, so come on out and join us for all of the fun and festivities.

The First Annual Mid-Atlantic Knight Rider’s Summit

MD Knight Rider

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:38 pm

Sounds nice to me, even if I can't make it there.

md_knight_rider
Rookie

Post by md_knight_rider » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:00 pm

NOW PRESENTED BY KNIGHT REGISTRIES!!!

Also, another sponsor as joined in:

13 Three Motorsports

Please feel free to visit our sponsors' websites.

md_knight_rider
Rookie

Post by md_knight_rider » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:05 pm

Peter Parros' agent replied and said that Mr. Parros would be able to make it however, I don't believe that we can afford his fee ($10,000+), so I would say, with much regret, that we will not be able to have him attend. William Daniels replied as well, but he will be shooting a new film in Europe and regretfully declined our invitation. Glen Larson also will be unable to attend as well due to commitments to the KR movie. I am still waiting on several replies and as these develop, I will let everyone know. Looking forward to seeing you there...

Ryan

md_knight_rider
Rookie

Post by md_knight_rider » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:06 am

Pamela Susan Shoop, seen here with David in "Knight of the Juggernaut" has been confirmed to be making a guest appearance at the show. More details to come. Visit The Mid-Atlantic Knight Riders Summit Site for more information.

Ryan

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:02 pm

Under the request of md_knight_rider and at the advisement of Michael, the poll on this thread has been removed.

jup

md_knight_rider
Rookie

Post by md_knight_rider » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:53 pm

Thanks so much. I just wanted to get a feel for how many folks were interested, then I planned on ending the poll. I didn't realize, at the time, that I couldn't do that. I now see that we will have plenty of folks on hand to make the show a success and I look forward to seeing all of the fans there.

md_knight_rider
Rookie

Post by md_knight_rider » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:23 pm

I have placed a post concerning food choices for the Summit. If you've registered or are planning on attending, please let me know what you'd like to see served.

http://knightrideronline.com/phpbb/view ... hp?t=10068

If you are planning on attending, I would suggest pre-registering to guarantee that we will have a shirt in your size and that we will be able to assure the caterer that we will have the minimum number of people required by the caterer. It is much easier to show the caterer that we have the required number if I'm holding 25 registrations in my hand. Thanks in advance.

Ryan

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:41 pm

Sounds cool I live In York Pa so it probably wouldn't be to far away. I will see if I have any plans.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:19 pm

Yeah I'm in Lancaster PA, so it might be doable...
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

md_knight_rider
Rookie

Post by md_knight_rider » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:34 pm

Cool guys, we be excited to have you. This event has doubled in size just in the last two days. This should be a great time!

Anyone else interested, registration forms are available at http://www.mdknightrider/midatlantic_summit.com.

See ya'll in June!

MD

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:05 am

How soon beforehand would we need to register?
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

md_knight_rider
Rookie

Post by md_knight_rider » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:39 am

Our advertisement poster is out! They start going up this week at local businesses and I'll start giving them out at car shows as well. Check 'em out. (click on icon in bottom right corner of image to enlarge)

Mid-Atlantic Knight Riders' Summit Poster

:) MD

md_knight_rider
Rookie

Post by md_knight_rider » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:43 am

cloudkitt wrote:How soon beforehand would we need to register?
I would suggest as soon as is financially feasable for you. The hotel has agreed to give rooms at a discounted rate but in order to get rooms at the group rate the room must be reserved before May 28, 2007. So I would suggest to everyone to just try to get it done before that deadline.

Also, just a reminder, if you are planning on comming, please hit the post about food choices for our banquet dinner here at Knight Rider Online and post a reply to let us know what your "vote" is for food. Here's the link: http://knightrideronline.com/phpbb/view ... hp?t=10068

Looking forward to seeing ya'll in June!

MD

md_knight_rider
Rookie

Post by md_knight_rider » Wed May 16, 2007 11:28 pm

Just a reminder that the deadline from the Hotel to reserve a room is May 28. If there are any of you that are planning on coming but need additional time, please call me at 443-865-1173 ASAP. I realize that some employers only put out schedules 1 month in advance, and I'm sure that there are those that give even less notice. I have several PM's and replys from many folks stating that they will be attending the Summit, but that have not registered. I have ordered the T-shirts and am working with the caterer, we might even have something light to eat Friday night, depending on the number of people. I've been discussing the trophies with KnightNY, ChrisAdmin has graciously helped out with the art work and 13-Three Motorsports has agreed to handle all of our signs that I will be placing on the highway to help thiose driving find their way and they are handling our security shirts. I am also working with a photographer that can take two shots of your car/you and your car, etc. and then orders can be placed with him. He typically does the Rec Council photos for the teams I coach but he has agreed to do the photos replacing a kid with your car. His business is already set up to take two photos and keep track of whose car pictures belong to who. I think that this is a great way to get some shots of your car. We will be cruising to Hooters for lunch ('cause it's the closest) and if you'd like you can get the girls to get a photo with your car, your choice. I am working with two bands to play live music on Saturday and will be contacting 98 Rock (a local radio station) this week about broadcasting from the car show on Saturday.

However, at this time we do not have enough people to meet the caterer's minimum requirement, but we are really close. So I am encouraging all of those folks that promised me that you would be coming to please register soon. The caterer only wants to see actual numbers and not promises.

If anyone has any questions, as always you can reach me at 443-865-1173. (please consider time zone differences when calling, remember I'm in Maryland...thanks.)

Ryan

md_knight_rider
Rookie

Post by md_knight_rider » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:57 am

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!

The hotel has agreed to EXTEND the deadline for making reservations until June 15. There are 7 rooms with 2 queen beds and 3 rooms with 1 king reserved for the Summit registrants. I had to lobby real hard to get the extention, so please if you had planned to register before but had run out of time, reserve your room now so that it doesn't happen again.

Ryan

md_knight_rider
Rookie

Post by md_knight_rider » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:19 pm

Things are really shaping up as we get into the final weeks before the big event. If you are coming and planning on entering a car or being part of the dinner and other events, please let me know so that I have enough food ordered to feed everyone and can have enough judging sheets for every car. Please reply to one of the methods below even if you plan to register when you arrive.

Replys can be made in any of the following fashions:

- Here, as a post
- Send me a PM
- e-mail: md_knight_rider@yahoo.com
- e-mail: admin@mdknightrider.com
- call the Summit Business line at 443-865-1173 (leave a message if no one answers)

Please try to let me know what your plans are ASAP. Thanks in advance,

Ryan

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:46 am

About how much is it for a room?
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

md_knight_rider
Rookie

Post by md_knight_rider » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:04 am

The hotel is providing rooms for anyone registered for the event at a discounted rate of $99.99. The deadline for making reservations at that rate is June 15. For more information you can call the hotel at 410-882-0900.

MD Knight Rider

md_knight_rider
Rookie

Post by md_knight_rider » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:14 am

Hey fans!! 7 replica cars already registered and still counting!!! We have 30+ people coming and still counting as well. This is turning out to be a really big event. And...this doesn't count those that are showing up the day of the car show. Don't miss out on this great event. Only 4 days left to reserve a hotel room.

Also, a deadline has been set for mail-in registrations. We ask that you do not mail-in any registration forms and payments after June 22, 2007. There is no guarantee that they will arrive before the show. You will be able to register when you arrive on Friday (after 3pm) and/or Saturday (up until 10:00am).

Looking forward to seeing you all there.