Weinstein company to put Knight Rider into overdrive

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri May 12, 2006 7:21 pm

KITT in a museum? He'd be quite insulted and bored to death. But oddly it would be ironic since that was originally KARR's fate! KARR would get much satisfaction out of that one. :lol: :twisted:

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by JJSoCrazy » Fri May 12, 2006 8:57 pm

I hope that they actually make the voice of KITT live in the movie instead of pre-recorded. I am sure they will and DH has to be in it, he made the show what it is with his charachter and of course KITT. They should have KITT start of with the original car and change him from there. I love that it will be dark, just like the Batman Begins movie. Being dark they will give it a sick twist of KITT being destroyed and brouht back. CANT F'IN WAIT FOR THIS MOVIE!!! :twisted:

J-Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by J-Knight » Sat May 13, 2006 11:56 am

I think he means KITTs Body in a museum and KITTs CPU and such in a new car, but you can't have a vette as KITT. Its like having undercover cops in a police car, KITT was not supposed to catch you attention that much. Like he was in disguise but put him in a vette and you're screwed :(

But that's like Andy said, everyone is going to hate some part of thi movie, and possibly like others.
Last edited by J-Knight on Sat May 13, 2006 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Devon-"Shall we drink to the start of.."
Michael-"Of what?"
Devon-"One mans Dream"

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Sat May 13, 2006 11:58 am

Is it true that they want Jennifer Aniston for the role of Bonnie?

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Sat May 13, 2006 12:13 pm

I think that's just wishful thinking on the part of Entertainment Weekly- but i could sort of see it..
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

admiral47
Stranger

Post by admiral47 » Sat May 13, 2006 2:09 pm

hey guys and gals new to this board and reading about the new movie coming out and wondering if they are gonig to use and of the same characters i did see this kinda interested me a bit i not sure how reliable this site is but according to this david hasselhoff is playing michael knight

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001327/

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Sun May 14, 2006 12:07 pm

If and I say IF!!! They are casting a new Michael Knight, it should be Tom Welling, I feel he has this sort of David Hasselhoff feel to him when you see him on screen. And he did great in Smallville to be honest.

LuvKITT
FLAG Recruit

Post by LuvKITT » Sun May 14, 2006 12:38 pm

Hmm...well maybe they aren't saying anything about David because of the divorce thing going on. I wouldn't think that he would purposely stay out of the movie because according to what I have read, KR is close to his heart. He has been talking about a movie for KR for years I don't think he would be left out. I can only hope...hehe.

Tarmac
Rookie

Post by Tarmac » Mon May 15, 2006 12:30 am

J-Knight wrote:...you can't have a vette as KITT. Its like having undercover cops in a police car, KITT was not supposed to catch you attention that much. Like he was in disguise...
What part of the show gave you that impression?

According to Larson, he chose an '82 Trans Am because of it's good looks and clean lines. There was no mention of it needing to blend in and be anonymous.

That T/A used as KITT was a curvaceous, futuristic-looking (relative to the cars of that era) sports car in a sea of 80's boxy cars, if it did anything, it caught your attention and I think that was the point.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon May 15, 2006 1:46 am

And there's nothing wrong with 80s boxy cars either. I know, I have one. :)

Now days, a lot of cars are so curvy that my 80s boxy car is what turns heads. I'm happy. :)

rulloa81
Operative

Post by rulloa81 » Mon May 15, 2006 2:46 am

If they use the 80's trans-am for KITT then I think that no one else would fit the position of the pilot than the Hoff, and William Daniels should be the voice of KITT.

J-Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by J-Knight » Mon May 15, 2006 3:11 am

Tarmac wrote:
What part of the show gave you that impression?

According to Larson, he chose an '82 Trans Am because of it's good looks and clean lines. There was no mention of it needing to blend in and be anonymous.

That T/A used as KITT was a curvaceous, futuristic-looking (relative to the cars of that era) sports car in a sea of 80's boxy cars, if it did anything, it caught your attention and I think that was the point.
That was Just the impresion I got LOL
Devon-"Shall we drink to the start of.."
Michael-"Of what?"
Devon-"One mans Dream"

LuvKITT
FLAG Recruit

Post by LuvKITT » Mon May 15, 2006 7:46 am

I tend to like the 80s and 90s cars better. I don't like what is coming out nowdays. I drive a 95 Grand Am. Of course I am looking for a 82-86 firebird for my KITT converson. Some of the models nowdays look too cut off or rounded.

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Mon May 15, 2006 11:09 pm

Excellent to hear that the movie IS green lighted. And, I agree that David MUST be in the movie. Now...playing what part...I am not sure. It seems fitting if he play a senior role in the Foundation infrastructure.

I'm betting there won't be a lot of stunt cars made, as they will most likely be sneaking in computer visuals by the boat full.,.since, these days, that is more the case then the exception. (Granted, Batman Begins doing a full stage full of real effects without the CGI was eye candy grabbing fantastic.)

How many re-incarnations does this make? (KR/KR 2000/KR 2010/TKR/21'st century movie) How many other series can even come close to revivals?

LuvKITT
FLAG Recruit

Post by LuvKITT » Tue May 16, 2006 8:01 am

I was watching the pilot the other night with the commentary with Glen and David. Well, at the end David said he finds it very hard to watch most movies now days since they have so many computer effects, so maybe we will get some real stunts mixed in with computer.

kitt_rulz
Operative

Post by kitt_rulz » Thu May 18, 2006 12:02 pm

My co-worker stated that Paul Walker will be playing Micheal. I hope that this is not true....
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - God Futurama

Radicalas
Operative

Post by Radicalas » Thu May 18, 2006 1:56 pm

Hi everybody! I'm new here.
My suggestions about new KR movie:
Here must be David Hasselhoff, William Daniels (as K.I.T.T. voice), K.I.T.T. must have that stunning dashboard like in 82-86. K.I.T.T. must be new or modificated Pontiac Trans Am / Firebird 1982-1986, but new K.I.T.T. must look like K.I.T.T., not like contemporary sport cars, like ferrari and other shining junk! K.I.T.T. must have his own temper, his own charm. Every KR fan will understand what i'm thinking about.

Sorry if i done some mistakes, i'm not very good in English, but i think we will understand each other.

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Thu May 18, 2006 5:54 pm

your english is fine as for your suggestion i like that one i think they should use the 4th season dash just with and LCD instead of a CRT i don't want to see KITT's voice modulator on a screen like in KR2000 i like it the way it is.
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

Radicalas
Operative

Post by Radicalas » Fri May 19, 2006 4:01 am

The best dash is from season 4. Other shows and movies of KR (like KR2000, TKR) dashboards was junk! The biggest reason of Knight Rider success i think was thoose beautiful lights on the dashboard, as you known other shows hasn't that beautiful and shining dash.

Akaihiryuu
Operative

Post by Akaihiryuu » Fri May 19, 2006 11:11 pm

knightdriver wrote:They are better off using the original body style for KITT. Think
about it. If KITT is a new vette, you know the studio wont shell out tons
of cash for multipe cars and we wont get any good stunts or things
like that. You can grab up old firebirds and stuff for cheap. Use
as many as you need to get some cool stunts. Look at the Dukes
movie, 23 cars were used and they had some awesome stunts in the
film.
The thing is...today, that's not much of a problem. Back in the original series all they could really do for effects was miniatures...back in the days when Tron was cutting edge CG. With the power of computers today, they don't really have to worry about that, they could do all kinds of nifty effects without actually destroying anything, just by using CG. Look at all the neat stuff they did in Revenge of the Sith.

oppenca2
Operative

Post by oppenca2 » Sun May 21, 2006 1:29 pm

Can anyone from this website contact any of the makers of the new Knight Rider movie? Is there somewhere we could all write? KITT should definately be the black transam if they are doing a remake. And of course I really, really want to see David Hasselhoff in the film!!!! I know he probably wont be because they wouldnt let any of the originals in the Dukes of Hazzard movie either, would they? But we can try to get our ideas to the makers of the movie, right? You guys have some GREAT ideas and really KNOW the show. The writers, etc. would benefit from your knowledge. Oh yeah, KITTs voice HAS to be Mr. Daniels. Just HAS to!
Carmen

rulloa81
Operative

Post by rulloa81 » Thu May 25, 2006 6:27 pm

I hope they correct errors that they made in the original series like camera angles. How can KITT see something that is 200 or 300 yards away and get a camera view on his monitor that is up-close? Also in many episode KITT video taped people that are inside a building while KITT was outside. How could KITT get these camera views? This makes the show look fake.

There can be explanations for some of the camera views. Maybe KITT hacked into a survalence camera and used it to get those camera angles. But that was never explained in the original series. I hope they correct this error in the new movie.

Akaihiryuu
Operative

Post by Akaihiryuu » Fri May 26, 2006 12:02 am

rulloa81 wrote:I hope they correct errors that they made in the original series like camera angles. How can KITT see something that is 200 or 300 yards away and get a camera view on his monitor that is up-close? Also in many episode KITT video taped people that are inside a building while KITT was outside. How could KITT get these camera views? This makes the show look fake.

There can be explanations for some of the camera views. Maybe KITT hacked into a survalence camera and used it to get those camera angles. But that was never explained in the original series. I hope they correct this error in the new movie.
Michael's comlink had a camera in it...KITT used that a lot to get footage. But yeah, I know what you mean. The REALLY unrealistic part was in that one episode...I think season 2...where KITT "magically" made glass things float around the room. Hacking electronic locks I can see...but that was ridiculous. I hope the new movie tries to take a more realistic approach to KITT's abilities.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Fri May 26, 2006 4:30 pm

However they do this movie, half the people on this site are going to be ecstatic and the other half are going to be slitting their wrists. Knight Rider's a risky move for any movie company...
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

theevolved1
Operative

Post by theevolved1 » Tue May 30, 2006 11:45 pm

If these people that own the company are true fans of the show like they say they are they would try their hardest to keep the continuity of the show. I hope it doesnt become one of those comedy remakes like starsky and hutch and all those. Also if they are to replace KITTs body they should at least start the movie off with Kitt in his original body or at least explain why or how he got the new body. And if they replace the voice they might as well not have KITT in it at all and give it a new name because If its not William Daniels doing the voice its not KITT. Id like to see David in the film but not the pilot of the car he is much too old. To tell you the truth I think the should at least give some credit to Knight Rider 2000 and bring back Maddock and Shawn or at least explain where they are. I think the subject of TKR should be completly ignored and viewed as KR2010 as having nothing to do with the original show based on the fact that the show completly *?$# on the storyline of the original Knight Rider.
Funny TKR Quote

*bling*
"Maintanence Please Report to the Recreation Room.... The Jukebox is Jammed on Moonlight at the Oasis."