hmmm not sure how to ask this

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

rhdaussiekitt
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

hmmm not sure how to ask this

Post by rhdaussiekitt » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:26 am

G'day guys,

something has been on my mind and i want to ask this. this is not to stir up trouble but a simple Q...
ok
we know every ones views on the nbc tv kitt being a ford, every one is up in arms about it.
but Glen Larson say's the old kitt we love won't even be in his movie, so why isn't every one jumping up n down Glen and saying kitt should only be one type of a car?
maybe I am wrong. :?:
--knightman--

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Re: hmmm not sure how to ask this

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:44 am

Well, for one there's those here who view him as this can do no wrong figure because he initially created the series, despite his not really creating much of anything worth while in around 20 years, (ohhh I just know I'm gonna get it for saying that) so maybe he's due. Unless there's some major studio issues, they're probably going to have a car that does look better (much higher budget helps) and Glenn likely knows what he'd want and I'm pretty sure it's the opposite of what NBC's doing with their car selection for the Knight Industries Three-Thousand in the TV movie.

The Mustang doesn't bother me as much as it would if this was a reboot, at least the original KITT can still exist. As for the movie, until I can actually read info about it and it being in production, I won't let myself get hyped about it as I'm generally not a fan of "reboots" unless it's really needed, like in the case of Batman or Superman, which of course wasn't done with the latter. Though, I can't say I'm all that hyped for the TV movie either. I just hope both are done well and can co-exist. Well, that is if the TV movie actually carries over into a series that's good, keeps at least in part, the tone of the original series and HOPEFULLY the opposite of Bionic Woman. >_> <_<
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:31 am

It's mostly because Glen's project is a remake of the original rather than a sequel - so there is no need for the "old" KITT to appear since the KITT we meet in his movie will be the "first" KITT. The telepic has a bit more pressure on it because it is playing out as a sequel, meaning there is a legacy it has to hold up to both in the public mind and within the confines of the story.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:19 pm

I think BOTH projects have a legacy to uphold, regardless of whether or not they're continuations.

People are jumping up and down about the Mustang because they can see it. It's real. Done deal. There is something tangible to react against. No matter what we hear about the movie, no matter how many times we're told the car won't be a Trans Am, it won't really hit people on as much of an emotional level until they can actually see the car. Then we'll go through the same thing all over again. "I love it!" "I hate it!" "It's perfect!" "It sucks!"
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:17 am

I think the two will be able to coexist FAIRLY easily. Afterall, the show is a sequel to a 25 year-old show. The movie could serve as a nice refresher for the not-so-diehard fans.

The problem is...the sequel show will be referring to the original when/if it makes references. The old KITT will be a 1982 Pontiac Trans Am and Michael Knight will look like a younger Hoff :P.
The movie, which could serve as a good refresher, will have a different car playing the Knight 2000 and a different person playing Michael Knight. And THAT works against refresher-qualities of the movie.

Regardless, it will be interesting how it all turns out. Hopefully they're both good, at the very least we know they're both related and aren't pulling a 2010 on us. And it also isn't the Power Rangers-on-steroids that TKR was. It'd be nice if corporate politics didn't have to enter into it. Then we might get a clean, cohesive movie AND show.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:35 am

Michael Pajaro wrote:I think BOTH projects have a legacy to uphold, regardless of whether or not they're continuations.

People are jumping up and down about the Mustang because they can see it. It's real. Done deal. There is something tangible to react against. No matter what we hear about the movie, no matter how many times we're told the car won't be a Trans Am, it won't really hit people on as much of an emotional level until they can actually see the car. Then we'll go through the same thing all over again. "I love it!" "I hate it!" "It's perfect!" "It sucks!"
My thoughts EXACTLY... :roll:

Blazing
Volunteer

Post by Blazing » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:19 pm

Even tho KITT might not appear in the 2008 movie, I'd like an up-to-date remake of the original KITT that started it all, kindof makes me feel like I didn't miss the premiere of the legendary series. As for the Mustangs, to me they kindof have developed a dual-legacy with the Trans Am. I mean the most recent KITT-like talking cars have been and will be Mustangs. Like:
Knight Rider 2010 - a junked 1969 Mustang Mach 1 is used.(I think this is where the Mustang legacy started)(Altough grungy but I like it)
Team Knight Rider - Domino, a modified Ford Mustang convertible.
New KITT - a 550 HP Ford Shelby GT500KR Mustang.
Ok so maybe the first two have been short-lived but hey, I think people have grown to it and the creators think so too. So we'll see what happens.