Site Ann: New Knight Rider Online Homepage

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Site Ann: New Knight Rider Online Homepage

Post by neps » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:17 pm

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to draw you're attention to the homepage of this site:

http://www.knightrideronline.com

As KRO enters it's 13th year online, I've begun to refresh the look and organization of the site. I've gone ahead and launched this a bit early on the homepage (early in the sense that the interior headers are still outdated) because previously the homepage was nothing more than a glorified splash page, and it was important to get more information when people hit the root of KRO from Google or what have you.

Please check it out and let me know if you have any bugs or issues. I looked at it on Safari 3, Firefox 2, IE 6 & IE 7 (it's best in Firefox and Safari), so it should be ok - but more eyes always help.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Regards,

Neil

PS: I always like to include a link to this (http://knightrideronline.com/ten) from the tenth anniversary of KRO - you can see several of the revisions this site has had. Very fun to see.

JimmyPSHayes
Operative

Re: Announcement: New Knight Rider Online Homepage

Post by JimmyPSHayes » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:22 pm

VERY NICE!!! It looks great. :D

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Re: Announcement: New Knight Rider Online Homepage

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:26 pm

Honestly, I was expecting a more radical change from the Davilex K.I.T.T. graphic altogether. I would suggest to try something entirely new and perhaps with a black background splashed with a little red and a brand new K.I.T.T. render. The sections and links are good, though. Just trying to provide some constructive criticism.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Re: Site Ann: New Knight Rider Online Homepage

Post by scottab21 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:52 am

Easy to navigate, and it looks great. Great job Neil! 8)

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:46 am

the new look is very refreshing,i like it. :wink:

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:55 am

Seems to work fine on my Safari 3.0.4. Its easy to read and I think that is the most important thing about the front-page. I'd have to admit though, I've never been a fan of the Davilex render of KITT. Otherwise, great as ever Neil.

Good grief, has it really been 13 years?!! I still the ol skool board in 1998 but thats nearly 10 years ago.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:06 pm

Thanks for everyones feedback - both positive and constructive!

To be honest - I'm not a huge fan of the Davilex car myself - and I see the top as a work in progress, cause I might want to add the Mustang KITT if its successful and the Larson project KITT down the line, and maybe have all there there at once.

In the mean time - if you have any high res suggestions to replace the Davilex KITT - I'd love to take a look at them. Wether it's an original production studio shot, a 3d render from someone like MSKen or a manipulation from Toni.

I'd like the car to be at a similar angle (i think it looks very powerful like that), and i'd rather it not be of a KITT outside - cause the reflections from trees and stuff would look out of place on a silhouette.

I've got a high res version of the attached image - which I might try and use. the blues a bit much - and the car is on the wrong side. (though if anyone thinks they can flip the image and keep the ram scoop in the right place - pm me and I'll send you the high res)

Please keep the comments coming!

Thanks,

Neil
Attachments
1KNRanC05.jpg
1KNRanC05.jpg (30.43 KiB) Viewed 23278 times

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:46 pm

Very nice job on the homepage :)
Here's few suggestions about the KITT photo, how about replacing the Davilex KITT with 1:18 ERTL KITT photo? There was many great, professonial looking shots of it in this forum taken in studio lightning, probably one of the first photos seen here when the model was released in 2004 (Edit: I mean DanielB's photos but they're gone now from the forum, remembered them because they're on my computer.). Or perhaps someone with 1:1 KITT replica with photo taken in open area so there's nothing disturbing in the reflections?

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:19 pm

I love the new site but I also have to say that I wish the Davilex KITT model would go. I like some of the suggestions for replacement images here but I would really LOVE to see an image created by wannabegeorge put up in its place as per this thread from about a year ago: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8799

IMO, this is hands down the best CGI model of KITT that I've seen anyone create, ever. I don't know what happened to wannabegeorge but his work should most definitely be used if possible.
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:31 pm

Now THAT'S a K.I.T.T. render. Add...now! :kitt:
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:38 pm

I COMPLETELY forgot about those. Thanks for reminding me! I've sent him an email.