Page 1 of 1

Saw shelby mustang in I am Legend

Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:01 am
by seeker78
I saw the Shelby Mustang in the movie "I am Legend" today, it doesn't look as bad as it did in the pictures. I still think it's a little boxy to be KITT, but it's Made in USA which would be better than a Made in Canada Camaro.

I still say the Pontiac G5, Chevy Cobalt, and Mustang GT (2008 model years for all three, not 2007) look a lot more like KITT would look in 2008. :)

Re: Saw shelby mustang in I am Legend

Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:33 am
by msKEN
Camaros are also built in Norwood,Ohio.

Re: Saw shelby mustang in I am Legend

Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:52 am
by Lost Knight
I immediately noticed that when I went to see the film the night it premiered. Funny how every single vehicle in that film is dusty or crashed and that Mustang is in pristine condition. Ford are making out like bandits these days, eh? I don't like or dislike their cars (but I do have to say they're not my style), but they're at least making a couple of bright moves lately, so good for them. By the way, once Will Smith stops cruising in the beginning to get a clean shot at the deer, there's an old F body Camaro sitting right there in the pile of cars.

Re: Saw shelby mustang in I am Legend

Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:20 am
by seeker78
msKEN wrote:Camaros are also built in Norwood,Ohio.


msken, do you have official GM web site saying that the 2008 Camaro would be built in Ohio? To my knowledge they are going to be made in Canada. Perhaps the old Camaros were built in Ohio?

Re: Saw shelby mustang in I am Legend

Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:49 am
by msKEN
seeker78 wrote:
msKEN wrote:Camaros are also built in Norwood,Ohio.


msken, do you have official GM web site saying that the 2008 Camaro would be built in Ohio? To my knowledge they are going to be made in Canada. Perhaps the old Camaros were built in Ohio?


You could possibly be right about the new camaro only being built in Canada, I can't seem to recall my reference for Norwood OH. My 86 Firebird was built in Canada, but my 82 was built in Norwood. So I know a lot of third gens we're either or. Its also no surprise a lot of components for the 2010 camaro are coming from over seas but that's not too uncommon anymore even with the mustang. I really don't think KITT should be any retro style car myself, it just sets KITT back as the car of tomorrow when he is stuck in the body of a car from yesterday but I'm getting tired of beating that dead horse, as I'm sure everyone is tired of hearing me say it. :-P

Re: Saw shelby mustang in I am Legend

Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:51 am
by seeker78
msKEN wrote:I really don't think KITT should be any retro style car myself, it just sets KITT back as the car of tomorrow when he is stuck in the body of a car from yesterday but I'm getting tired of beating that dead horse, as I'm sure everyone is tired of hearing me say it. :-P


Oh no, I agree with you there. That's why I was saying the Mustang GT is better than the Shelby Mustang. It is still retro to a certain extent but it is more aerodynamic than the shelby.

But then, like I said, I was more impressed with the look of the shelby in i am legend than I expected to be. :)

Re: Saw shelby mustang in I am Legend

Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:35 am
by TurbomanKnight
msKEN wrote:You could possibly be right about the new camaro only being built in Canada, I can't seem to recall my reference for Norwood OH. My 86 Firebird was built in Canada, but my 82 was built in Norwood.



I believe F-Body cars were either built in Van Nuys, California or Norwood, Ohio. It wasnt until the 4th Gen that I knew they moved production to Canada.