black pontiac g6 coupe (victor?)

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

seeker78
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

black pontiac g6 coupe (victor?)

Post by seeker78 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:55 am

here ya go

Pontiac G6 Coupe from wikipedia, very KITT like I say!! and Made in USA! :)

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Re: black pontiac g6 coupe (victor?)

Post by seeker78 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:10 am

2008 model for G6:

http://www.velocityjournal.com/journal/ ... 707ov.html

2008 model for G5 (sunfire replacement):

http://www.velocityjournal.com/journal/ ... 398ov.html
I think the G6 and G5 are both good candidates for being Knight Rider cars.

libolt
Volunteer

Post by libolt » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:29 am

Speaking as an owner of a 2003 Grand Am and a 1991 Trans Am, I must say I was saddened that Pontiac replaced the Grand am with the G6. I personally think it looks ugly in comparison and all of Pontiac's new models look more like they came from Honda than GM.

Just my 2 cents.

Mike

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Post by spyhunter » Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:12 am

Only thing KITT-like is the brand, nothing more than a glorified Grand Am and it's surprising Pontiac hasn't closed it's doors yet, they've got to be a huge anchor grinding GM to a halt these days. That Pontiac excitement was gone the day they redesigned the T/A in 1998 with those awful air openings, that's what brought it down in my opinion.

SH
Last edited by spyhunter on Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

flemmo
Rookie

Post by flemmo » Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:26 am

That car is hideous!

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:11 pm

spyhunter wrote: That Pontiac excitement was gone the day they redesigned the T/A in 1998 with those awful air openings, that's what brought it down in my opinion.
:shock:

Dude, if anything that brought the Trans Am back. The LS-1 days were the first time a Pontiac has been that powerful since the early 70's when emissions laws killed the 455.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:32 pm

Yeah I rather liked that final generation of Trans Ams, I wish they had held on to those. And as numerous photoshops have detailed, they would've made a nice KITT as well.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Post by spyhunter » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:48 pm

I wasn't objecting to the powerplant, I was objecting to the horrid facia redesign, it was beginning to get as ugly as a mustang.

SH

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:39 pm

The G6 is better looking than the Chevy Cobalt, and that's not saying much. No way should that ever be K.I.T.T.!
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Post by spyhunter » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:08 am

Same thing goes for anything FORD, unfortunately they're too stupid to know that...

SH

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:13 am

Lost Knight wrote:The G6 is better looking than the Chevy Cobalt, and that's not saying much. No way should that ever be K.I.T.T.!
hmm I have to disagree with you and the others, seems like most agreed with you lol.

The G5 has the criteria Victor said he was looking for, as well as mine:
  • rear spoiler/wing
  • Made in USA
  • Small grille
  • 4 seats, 2 doors
  • aerodynamic shape
I say the G5 is the closest thing we have in the modern day, in terms of Made in USA cars with 2 doors and 4 seats, to the 82 Trans Am. :)

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:27 am

I feel like I haven't gotten through. [Banging head against the wall.] The criteria no longer matters anymore. The priority now should be the overall look. This obsession with only being U.S.A.-made is like a filter leaving very few bland selections left, even if they fit into the set criteria. Besides, NBC Universal used that criteria for their search (among other reasons) and we ended up with a Mustang. But I'm not going to beat a dead horse with that whole debate again.

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:44 am

Lost Knight wrote:This obsession with only being U.S.A.-made is like a filter leaving very few bland selections left, even if they fit into the set criteria.
Well we disagree about the available cars being bland. To my eye the Pontiac G5 and G6 are both great! It's one thing to go with a foreign made product if Made in USA is not available, but there are still lots of cars Made in USA, and I want to support the USA economy, since I'm an American and a patriot. :) (note I am not suggesting that you are not a patriot. I am merely explaining my own line of reasoning. :) )

If there are no blue collar jobs in the USA, no one will be able to afford to go to college or send their kids to college, and then what are we left with? No blue collar jobs and no white collar jobs. If there are no jobs, there is no economic base, and therefore no ability to produce military hardware with which to defend the country, eventually the USA will be a protectorate state of China or Saudi Arabia, de facto if not de juris.
Besides, NBC Universal used that criteria for their search (among other reasons) and we ended up with a Mustang.
hmm they didn't use the "sleek, aerodynamic, futuristic look" requirement. :) I think the Mustang GT looks a lot more like that than the Shelby Mustang and it is Made in USA and a Ford. :)

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:32 am

spyhunter wrote:I wasn't objecting to the powerplant, I was objecting to the horrid facia redesign, it was beginning to get as ugly as a mustang.

SH
Those openings fed air into the LS1! :D But yeah, 4th Gens dont do it for me. I had a 95 T/A, really wasnt feeling it. Don't get me wrong, amazing car but just feels weird to me.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:28 pm

seeker78 wrote:If there are no blue collar jobs in the USA, no one will be able to afford to go to college or send their kids to college, and then what are we left with? No blue collar jobs and no white collar jobs. If there are no jobs, there is no economic base, and therefore no ability to produce military hardware with which to defend the country, eventually the USA will be a protectorate state of China or Saudi Arabia, de facto if not de juris.
But most people can't afford to send their kids to go to college right now, anyway, lol. That's why most people need to take out loans or rely on scholarships because the country is designed to keep the average person poor and in debt. Once most people graduate, they're stuck paying their loans off. But that's a whole different debate, so let's just stick to Knight Rider here. :wink:

Anyway, the whole supporting the U.S. economy is great and admirable, but it's not the end of the world if an American car isn't chosen. Besides, you should be happy that a Mustang was chosen. How much more American can we get? :wink:

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:39 pm

Lost Knight wrote: Anyway, the whole supporting the U.S. economy is great and admirable, but it's not the end of the world if an American car isn't chosen.
Well it's not the end for Canada, Australia, Japan or whichever other country is chosen, but it does detract from the USA economy, and therefore from national security, since people supposedly will want to buy a car that is featured in the movie. Remember how people wanted to buy Pontiac Trans Ams when Knight Rider was on in the 80s? So why encourage foreign made vehicles since we're Americans (or I am anyway) and it's an American story. But personally I just don't get why a lot of you don't like the Pontiac G5, it has all the right features: the grille is small, it has the rear spoiler/wing, it is swept back and aerodynamic. So what's the problem? It's not called "Trans Am"? American cars are available, I say go with American.
Besides, you should be happy that a Mustang was chosen. How much more American can we get? :wink:
oh no, I agree, the Mustang is a superior choice to any car made in Canada even if GM is the company making it in Canada. :) If my choices are Mustang Made in USA, and Camaro made in Canada, I say go with Mustang. I am not one of those who says he doesn't like it just because it's a Ford. The reason I don't like the Shelby Mustang is that it seems too boxy. The Mustang GT would have been better and the Mustang GT is Made in USA too. Especially one of those modded Mustang GTs like Saleen. ;)