This is what Kitt SHOULD look like

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

subliminal1284
Volunteer

This is what Kitt SHOULD look like

Post by subliminal1284 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:22 pm

This is the brand new 2009 Supercharged Chevy Corvette ZR1 it will be making 620 HP or more when released, It would make the PERFECT new KITT if painted black. Producers if you happen to be reading this you might wanna take note. Do not use the mustang use this car.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: This is what Kitt SHOULD look like

Post by JJSoCrazy » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:30 pm

I wish it were the vette too. I was suggesting that since day one atleast that or the 2010 Camaro. This is the first actualy production pic I have seen of this bad boy, looks sick!

Although I think its too late to back out and use this now since filming is almost over and for the movie according to VK stated fom Glen that it wouldn't work because of the aerodynamics and the stunts in the show. Besides I think the Camaro would look sick as a new KITT.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:14 pm

All talk of using the Corvette on this board is hypothetical, and is what some of us wished the Knight 3000 was going to be. However, it's too late and the Mustang has been the car of choice for months. I'm also beginning to wonder how the Corvette would have held up for scenes involving Turbo Boost (if there are going to be any). I thought it would be fine since its overall shape and body are very similar to the 3rd generation Trans Am, but thinking more about it, it's a fiberglass car, so wouldn't its body shatter upon landing?
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:38 pm

The ZR1 would be WAY too expensive to use for KITT. Their best bet would be to use a regular C6 and modify the bumper, just as they did in the original series, for the scanner and perhaps fog lights. I'd rather see that then the ZR1. I do agree that the ZR1 is a very impressive car and will put GM on the top of the hill when it comes to sports cars, but I don't think using a ZR1 as KITT would do anything but give 'street cred' to it. Much like KITT as the GT500KR is superflous, because not much is differentiated from the regular Mustang GT, save for the name.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:45 pm

Okay wheres Toni I remembered his name this time. We need you to work your magic. :kittconv:

MiltonKnight
Stranger

Post by MiltonKnight » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:59 pm

LostKnight,

You're right, it's fiberglass, you'd need a new car for every jump, bump or touch.
It would be the perfect choice except for the co$t factor.
Maybe Toni can use his magic to show us how a MUSTANG GIUGIARO would look like in black, since the Mustang was their most logical($$) choice.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:36 am

MiltonKnight wrote:Maybe Toni can use his magic to show us how a MUSTANG GIUGIARO would look like in black, since the Mustang was their most logical($$) choice.
We're one step ahead of ya, check it out:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10423

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:43 am

subliminal1284 wrote:This is the brand new 2009 Supercharged Chevy Corvette ZR1 it will be making 620 HP or more when released, It would make the PERFECT new KITT if painted black. Producers if you happen to be reading this you might wanna take note. Do not use the mustang use this car.
Looks awesome but is it 4 seats? kitt had a back seat.

Why not a Chevy Cobalt?

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:46 am

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:23 am

i dont like the look of the corvette, that would not be a good choice at all, a 2 seater are you kidding me!. the mustang is a much better choice, far better than the corvette, why does everybody want kitt to be a gm car, forget about gm and trying to have a car that looks like the trans am.
in glen larson we trust.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:06 am

knightprobe89 wrote:i dont like the look of the corvette, that would not be a good choice at all, a 2 seater are you kidding me!. the mustang is a much better choice, far better than the corvette, why does everybody want kitt to be a gm car, forget about gm and trying to have a car that looks like the trans am.
Eh, but the Corvette DOES look like the Trans Am and it's a 2-seater. I don't think the fact that the 'Vette is a GM car has anything to do with the fans who support it being their car of choice. It's simply looks, and now that the television production's vehicle is chosen and set in stone, those of us who don't like the choice have one hope left. And those of us who don't agree with the choice of the 'Stang (myself included) need to be aware that we're lucky that we even have a second chance at all! (Not counting previous attempts, of course.)
seeker78 wrote:Why not a Chevy Cobalt?
You do realize that the Cobalt is really the modern Cavalier, right? To me it's pretty much the same chassis with some superficial changes. I'll have to strongly disagree with you there.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:22 am

Is the Chevy Cobalt based on Opel Astra, something in the body resembles Astra, the A-pillar, the little rear window. The rear end looks like the older Astra coupe (G-chassis). This is the current Astra GTC:

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:00 pm

Lost Knight wrote:
You do realize that the Cobalt is really the modern Cavalier, right? To me it's pretty much the same chassis with some superficial changes. I'll have to strongly disagree with you there.
Yeah, KITT needs to be something that's fast and sporty. Not a four-cylinder coupe that every teen in America owns. :?
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:19 pm

Lost Knight wrote:
knightprobe89 wrote:i dont like the look of the corvette, that would not be a good choice at all, a 2 seater are you kidding me!. the mustang is a much better choice, far better than the corvette, why does everybody want kitt to be a gm car, forget about gm and trying to have a car that looks like the trans am.
Eh, but the Corvette DOES look like the Trans Am and it's a 2-seater. I don't think the fact that the 'Vette is a GM car has anything to do with the fans who support it being their car of choice. It's simply looks, and now that the television production's vehicle is chosen and set in stone, those of us who don't like the choice have one hope left. And those of us who don't agree with the choice of the 'Stang (myself included) need to be aware that we're lucky that we even have a second chance at all! (Not counting previous attempts, of course.)
There are some people on here who demand it to be a GM car for some wild reason... but what KnightProbe means is that we should forget about that the all new KITT should by default look like a TA. I agree to be honest, as this is not our old KITT we all know... this is a new KITT. The 3000. Also I think the Corvette is not very nice to be KITT either... but that's my opinion.
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:24 pm

KITTfan wrote:Is the Chevy Cobalt based on Opel Astra, something in the body resembles Astra, the A-pillar, the little rear window. The rear end looks like the older Astra coupe (G-chassis). This is the current Astra GTC:
hmm I don't know what an A-pillar is, bro, sorry, I'm not a car guy. :)

According to Wikipedia (not exactly the world's most reliable source, but they do have references), the Opel and the Cobalt are both based on GM's "delta platform".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevy_Cobalt

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:36 pm

Solid Snake wrote: There are some people on here who demand it to be a GM car for some wild reason...
That's not me, like I said, not a car guy, so I don't really care about GM vs Ford. :)

I do care, however, as to the look/styling of the car, as well as where it is made. I want it to be Made in the USA (not just an American car company, but Made in USA), and I want it to have the same look and feel of KITT. That is to say, it can't be all boxy and looking like it gets 2 miles per gallon. It has to be sleek, futuristic, aerodynamic, stealthy, etc.

In other words, a Mustang GT would be cool, but the Shelby Mustang looks too boxy to be a KITT.

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:44 pm

Don't worry seeker I did not mean you.
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

subliminal1284
Volunteer

Post by subliminal1284 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:09 pm

Here is a better pic of the new 09 Corvette ZR1. NBC you still have a chance to rectify yourself kill off the mustang in the first season and have them rebuild KITT into this, If you guys dont think this car fits kitt better than the mustang there is something wrong with you.

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/images/ ... zr1_33.jpg

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:29 pm

I was no fan of the idea having a corvette, but it does look more like a modern KITT than the Mustang.
At first I thought the Mustang was a bad idea, and I still have to get used to it, but it's not all bad. It's a matter of perspective.

It looks pretty cool here:

But I would have given it a slender nose, not so bulky, and put the scanner in the grill. The car is too high at the front. And a more classic scanner would make it nearly perfect.

Using a whole different car might be a problem because of contracts, but customizing the Knight 3000 might be a way.
Well, lets see, maybe they react to the wishes of us fans, maybe not.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:45 pm

Still, I look at that car and can't help but think that they could have picked any black car and called it K.I.T.T.

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:37 am

Garthe Knight wrote:I was no fan of the idea having a corvette, but it does look more like a modern KITT than the Mustang.
At first I thought the Mustang was a bad idea, and I still have to get used to it, but it's not all bad. It's a matter of perspective.

But I would have given it a slender nose, not so bulky, and put the scanner in the grill. The car is too high at the front. And a more classic scanner would make it nearly perfect.

Using a whole different car might be a problem because of contracts, but customizing the Knight 3000 might be a way.
I agree with this post, have you seen I am Legend, it shows a Shelby Mustang, it doesn't look that bad there. I suspect Ford insisted that the car not be "modded" a lot. But even the 1982 Trans Am, they modded it, put those famous "kitt modifications" on it.