Will KITT still sound like a RAM JET or a normal car ?

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Mike29Ca2008
Stranger

Will KITT still sound like a RAM JET or a normal car ?

Post by Mike29Ca2008 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:05 pm

Does anyone know ?

:kitt:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Will KITT still sound like a RAM JET or a normal car ?

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:24 pm

I certainly hope so; the Mustang has a very loud and distinct engine sound, where if they don't remix the sound, it will be a dead giveaway that the original car's engine is under the hood. In the instances where the ramjet sound effect wasn't mixed in the original series, sometimes the V8 rumble of the Trans Am could be heard. But thankfully it was never distinct enough to break the illusion that it was supposed to be a turbine engine (at least for me).
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:05 pm

Yeah the new KITT should get a Knight Industries Turbojet!! I hope! Don't know why it wouldn't have one.
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:47 pm

The T/As V8 could be heard whenever they started accelerating hard and I rather liked it. Gave it that sense of power while the turbine sound gave it a sense of speed.

I know it didn't make sense, but I liked it, lol.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

d_osborn
Operative

Post by d_osborn » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:02 am

well... according to the leaked set pics, the old KITT has a standard V8.... no turbine. i wouldn't be surprised if the stock engine sound is used. :roll:

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:12 am

According to the engine specs that have been provided in this comparison of the Knight 2000 and the Knight 3000, the Mustang will probably sound like a Mustang.

As you view the comparison, you may also note an extreme amount of bias in favor of the Knight 3000, as a number of KITT's most prominent features have either been omitted entirely, or incorrectly answered. For instance, Turbo Boost and Ski Mode are nowhere to be found, which all but confirms that the Knight 3000 is not capable of performing those functions at this point in time.

From a personal perspective, I think that doing the Knight 2000 such a severe disservice in order to make the Knight 3000 look better than it really is an error that should be corrected immediately, as the majority of the fandom are already unimpressed by what they've seen of the Knight 3000, and this will only serve to make things worse.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:47 am

It's odd that the article gives credit to NBC for the photos but not the specs. Did the author make up that list himself? It doesn't sound like the kind of thing NBC would have published because 1) I think we would have seen it all over the place by now and 2) If they were to publish a chart, I would expect it to be even MORE biased towards the Mustang. My guess is that Popular Mechanics did a disservice to the show by trying to be clever and messing up their facts.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

ckeller22
Operative

Post by ckeller22 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:50 am

By the way someone should let them know that the Knight Industries 2000 had key less entry. Michael opened the door without a key via fingerprint scanner under the door handle. They screwed up on several features that Kitt had that they say he didn't on that list.Not very good homework on there part.

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:08 pm

cloudkitt wrote:The T/As V8 could be heard whenever they started accelerating hard and I rather liked it. Gave it that sense of power while the turbine sound gave it a sense of speed.

I know it didn't make sense, but I liked it, lol.

If your talking about the engine from the original KITT, that was a Chevy 350 short block. The Pontiac engine was yanked and replaced.

Here is a web site that talks about it :
http://www.markscustomkits.com/KITT-res ... n-two.html

Last edited by Stargazer on Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:22 pm

The first sign of a mechanical downgrade came to me when I first heard about the script details, in which it was stated that the Knight 3000 will run on ordinary gasoline. As K.I.T.T. was converted to run on hydrogen fuel/"any cumbustible substance known to man," this seemed like a serious downgrade to me.

The Knight 3000 has an "aluminum block/titanium heads 5.4-liter V8 internal combustion with Whipple supercharger and Knight Industries liquid air cycle auxiliary turbine engine. 540 hp in Hero mode. Power output can’t be measured in Attack mode." So what exactly does that mean? Is this a hybrid of a stock V8 Ford engine and a turbine engine?

In regards to the inaccuracies in the comparisons, it looks like there were a few pissed off fans who responded with the correct specs. I'd also like to know if the Knight 3000 has a Molecular Bonded Shell and how exactly it would work with a shapeshifting exterior.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

89IROCNDoug
Operative

Post by 89IROCNDoug » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:40 pm

The Knight 3000 has to have the Molecular Bonded Shell. That's the biggest and most important feature! If it don't have the MBS, I'm not watching.
One man did make a difference.

Mike29Ca2008
Stranger

Post by Mike29Ca2008 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:46 pm

That shell is their lifeline. And hopefully some improvements have been made to withstand very high temps for longer periods of time. :spmgo:

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:03 pm

Even if they don't mention the molecular bonded shell by name the car's gonna be bullet proof and near-invincible.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"