2007: Year In Review

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

2007: Year In Review

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:06 am

Even before we had news of the new NBC Movie, Knight Rider was already all over the place this year. Here are just SOME of the things that have happened; please add to the list:

January 31
Cars.com publishes list of Top 10 Television cars. KITT is number 1.

February
The TV Land awards nominate David Hasselhoff for the "So They Think They Can Sing Award" and KITT for ""High-Tech Hero". Neither win.

"Hammer & Coop" premieres on the web as a series of Knight Rider-inspired clips promoting the Mini Cooper.

February 11
David Hasselhoff opens in the Las Vegas production of "The Producers"

March 28
Jay Leno features a KITT replica for sale on eBay in the segment "Sold or Not Sold"

March 26
George Barris gets a ceremonial street named after him near his shop in Toluca Lake, California

March 29
Canadian television show "Fanatical" airs featuring our own DavidHFanNatalaie and customizer Rob Louisell

March 30
William Daniels appears in "Blades of Glory"

April 4
An "original" KITT goes on sale on eBay and gets national media attention

April 13
Advanced Mobile Solutions announce official Knight Rider ring tones, wallpapers and games for mobile phones.

April 27
David Hasselhoff and KITT appear in "Kickin' It Old Skool"

May 17
The earliest public mention (that I can find) of NBC's new Knight Rider appears as a tiny blurb in Variety

June 6
Mythbusters dedicates an entire episode to Knight Rider

September 26
Knight Rider is 25 years old

September 26
NBC announces Doug Linam as executive producer of a new Made-for-TV Knight Rider movie

September 29
Glen Larson appears in a videotaped message for Knightcon '07 holding a script for his Knight Rider motion Picture

November 2
Justin Bruening is announced as lead in NBC Knight Rider TV project

December 12
NBC hosts official media event to introduce the new cast of Knight Rider and displays the new KITT, a Ford Mustang Shelby GT500KR. The new Movie will air February 17.

2006 Year In Review:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9797

(sorry, I think we skipped 2005)

2004 Year In Review:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6113&p=67886
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Re: 2007: Year In Review

Post by KRAvengerII » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:04 pm

Huh. I didn't know a lot of that stuff; for example, I didn't know NBC was mulling over a new version of knight Rider BEFORE the transformers movie came out. I thought NBC was eyeing it as a companion to "Bionic Woman", or something.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:08 am

May 17
The earliest public mention (that I can find) of NBC's new Knight Rider appears as a tiny blurb in Variety

- I would love to see a scan of this article and Glen's movie has been in talks with TWC since 2006. Universal was in second position at the time should the negotiations fail which means they were fully aware of his intentions.

The Knightcon footage of Glen was recorded September 23rd inside his home, it was edited and rendered by the 25th and given to Knightcon 07 the 28th. Glen was called up and given an ultimatum by Universal September 22nd. (predating the "announcement of the NBCU backdoor pilot)

October 5, 2007.
Article published by Aint it Cool News written by Merrick

Aside from the boards (and Knightcon), this is where the majority of the general public were made aware a Knight Rider feature film was being developed by Glen and had a script.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:36 am

This is a list of Knight Rider "headlines" for the past year. It's a chance for everyone to look back and say "wow, a lot of cool things happened for the fandom." It's not a competition.

The Weinstein Company had what I called "the biggest news of the year" with their announcement in 2006. Whatever progress may have happened with the film behind the scenes did not make headlines in 2007. The significant exception is Glen's video, which I mentioned.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com