A quick update from the set...

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

A quick update from the set...

Post by Shapeshifter » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:01 am

Filming is progressing smoothly, although it looks like principal photography will not wrap up at the end of this week as planned; they will need to do some additional filming early next year. Still on track to meet their air date without difficulty.

JimmyPSHayes
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: A quick update from the set...

Post by JimmyPSHayes » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:45 pm

Fantastic!!! Thanks for the update!

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:11 pm

Movie or TV show?
And when things appeared to get better, they got worse, and everyday was a day to cry.

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:14 pm

TV show I thought filming was finished? At least thats what they are saying over at the foundation. :kittside:

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:47 pm

Fantastic! Can't wait to see it in Feburary! BTW Shapeshifter, did you find anything out about KITT or MK?

Thanks!

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:00 pm

I would say the most accurate description is "Made-for-TV Movie".

I guess someone from George Barris' shop reported that filming was finished, but maybe that was just the scenes they were involved with?
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:14 pm

Nelson B wrote:TV show I thought filming was finished? At least thats what they are saying over at the foundation. :kittside:
The foundation is incorrect. They are taking all the time they can to do it right.

This is for the TV movie, not the theatrical release. That's a few years down the road.

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:38 pm

jjsocrazy wrote:Fantastic! Can't wait to see it in Feburary! BTW Shapeshifter, did you find anything out about KITT or MK?

Thanks!
Sorry, still can't shed much light on the original KITT. As far as MK, I know he's in the pilot, but I don't know how much.

BoMcD
Operative

Post by BoMcD » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:09 pm

I don't think you are going to see KITT classic in his four wheeled form...sadly.
Just not enough time.
perhaps if the pilot is well received and makes it into a series...

I know that the K2000's parts were explained to Rob Louisell as being a critical plot device however... they were thriled with what Rob provided on a terribly short notice... I think the short notice with the gathering of the K2000 parts and that "leaked garage scene" coincided with Hasselhoff's agreement to appear...

...and it was Kathy from Barris' shop that told Rob that primary filming was complete, however like all things, we take it with a grain of salt as they will most probably be doing pick ups and insert shots, ADR and post as close to airtime as possible....sop.
http://www.knightfoundation.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:31 pm

Shapeshifter wrote:
jjsocrazy wrote:Fantastic! Can't wait to see it in Feburary! BTW Shapeshifter, did you find anything out about KITT or MK?

Thanks!
Sorry, still can't shed much light on the original KITT. As far as MK, I know he's in the pilot, but I don't know how much.
That's cool shapeshifter keep it confidential for KITT atleast we know he is in there, I can't wait and rather be surprised to see what he does!

Thanks again!

JJ

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:48 pm

BoMcD wrote:I don't think you are going to see KITT classic in his four wheeled form...sadly.
Just not enough time.

I know that the K2000's parts were explained to Rob Louisell as being a critical plot device however... they were thriled with what Rob provided on a terribly short notice... I think the short notice with the gathering of the K2000 parts and that "leaked garage scene" coincided with Hasselhoff's agreement to appear...

...and it was Kathy from Barris' shop that told Rob that primary filming was complete, however like all things, we take it with a grain of salt as they will most probably be doing pick ups and insert shots as close to airtime as possible....
Kathy in Barris' shop may not be the best source on when primary filming will be complete. The production has been on a 24 day shooting schedule, set to wrap on Dec 22nd. That wrap will be postponed until early next year due to some unavoidable delays. This comes from a source on set. Not to be snarky, but there's a lot of misinformation out there.

BTW, for anyone that thinks that 24 days is not a lot of time; The average 1 hour TV show is shot in 8 days. In TV land, 24 days is a luxury.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:44 pm

BoMcD wrote:I don't think you are going to see KITT classic in his four wheeled form...sadly.
Just not enough time.
Not enough time? My thinking is that K.I.T.T. is not going to be fully intact, but I thought the reason for that was because he wasn't written as intact in the script. But if it's because there wasn't enough time, I don't see why a replica couldn't have been used at the last minute. If the producers contacted Rob Louisell, surely they could have contacted anybody with a replica over at the Knight Registries site, among others, no?
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:35 pm

George Barris appearantly has a very nice 4th season replica. And the guy who built the knight 4000 now has a replica of kitt in full SPM. So who knows what might happen if the movie gets the go ahead for a series. :kitt2: