The new KITT with Weapons?

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Mblackphoenix
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

The new KITT with Weapons?

Post by Mblackphoenix » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:48 am

More and more Articels can be found in the NET with the Info, that the new KITT should have Weapons on Board.
Till now a had mean, KITT havent one.
But now I`m unsure to believe.
Can anyone give a little bit light on this?
Shapeshifter maybe?

Than a lots of Fans are thinking that KiTT should not have Weapons.
The old one, the KI2000, was a gender Being.

I hope, that the new one is similar to the old KITT?
Greetings

Phoenix / Sabine

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Re: The new KITT with Weapons?

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:51 am

The real Kitt never had weapons or he had them in only a few episodes.He had his laser in Goliath and Soul Survivor.Missiles in Not a Drop To Drink.Surprisingly Knight Rider 2000 got it right by not making the knight 4000 have any weapons but then again it was a rushed project as Maddock had to yell at the distributor on the phone to get it out before the mayor's deadline to produce results,as was kitt per Wilton Knight's orders to get kitt ready sooner.Maybe the cars weapons systems weren't fully installed.TKR did the whole show with lasers and missiles which is probably one of the reasons it failed so fast.

Mblackphoenix
Rookie

Post by Mblackphoenix » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:06 am

Thats answers not my questions. 8)
I`m a Fan from 1986 too, and I know all that already.

My question was, will the new KITT, the KNIGHT INDUSTRIES THREE THOUSAND have really weapons on Board?
Greetings

Phoenix / Sabine

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:00 pm

IMHO Kitt should have defensive technology like a stunner or similar but nothing that would cause any permanent harm. It's like "Phasers on stun" if you know what I mean...

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:18 pm

I hope, that the new one is similar to the old KITT?

This isn't a question at all.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:48 pm

I doubt that the Knight 3000 is going to have any offensive weapons. I think its abilities will be in the forms of camouflage and defense. What I would like to see in the story is the government (or whoever is the villain) try to steal the car to use as a weapon, of course being misguided at what the intentions were for creating the Knight vehicles in the first place.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:29 am

Offensive weapons of the injure/killing kind would be horrid and I'm sure no one working on the TV Movie are that stupid to include them, it'd directly go against the first law of robotics and everything... Well, unless they planned on turning this KITT into KARR since that was the big mistake that was made the first time. >_>
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:58 am

Knight Racer wrote:The real Kitt never had weapons or he had them in only a few episodes.He had his laser in Goliath and Soul Survivor.Missiles in Not a Drop To Drink.Surprisingly Knight Rider 2000 got it right by not making the knight 4000 have any weapons but then again it was a rushed project as Maddock had to yell at the distributor on the phone to get it out before the mayor's deadline to produce results,as was kitt per Wilton Knight's orders to get kitt ready sooner.Maybe the cars weapons systems weren't fully installed.TKR did the whole show with lasers and missiles which is probably one of the reasons it failed so fast.
KR 2000 (KIFT) had some kind of pulse weapon / non leathal. It was the same technology as the handguns the police had.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:11 pm

My issue would be what kind of weapons, and how they are used. I wouldn't want to see machine guns popping out of the door panels gunning down bad guys. But a stun weapon? Sure. I wouldn't mind a laser if it was used for small things like puncturing a tire or breaking a lock, but I don't want to see it blowing up a tank. As far as missiles are concerned, I'm not a big fan.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com