UK airing of new Knight Rider?????

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight82
Volunteer

UK airing of new Knight Rider?????

Post by Knight82 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:22 am

Hi,
As all the news and press releases show the transmission of the new Knight Rider pilot to be aired in America in February does anybody know when it is likely to be aired in the UK??

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: UK airing of new Knight Rider?????

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:18 pm

I wonder if it will be available online in the UK before it's broadcast there? NBC is breaking ties with iTunes so I doubt will see it there, and there are still regional restrictions on downloading content, but maybe their new service will carry it. Have other US shows made it to the UK online before airing on TV?
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:18 am

Mike, I don't know of any show that has gone online in the UK before being shown on TV. Heroes was abit of an exeption. The show was first aired on Scifi channel but no one knew about it until the BBC aired season 1 only recently. I know that Heroes was heavily downloaded via P2P and what not even before Scifi had shown it.

I did some digging after reading the Sun article. They say ITV are in the running. However, a quick e-mail to the duty office revealed otherwise!

"Thank you for your email. We are not aware at the moment that ITV will be showing the new series of ‘Knight Rider’ but have forwarded your enquiry to the scheduling department and will reply as soon as we have any further information.

Regards

ITV Duty Officer - TT"

....not sure if that simply means their not allowed to say anything until its been confirmed?

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

Newcastle knight
Operative

Post by Newcastle knight » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:29 am

It might end up on one of the satellite channels. The new Channel Virgin 1 is showing the original knight rider in the morning and afternoon now, they must have acquired it from Bravo as they have stopped showing it.

Channels like Sky one, Bravo, Virgin 1 and E4 show all the new stuff from America so it might end up on one of those, i guess we will just have to wait and see.

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:09 am

Newcastle knight wrote: It might end up on one of the satellite channels. The new Channel Virgin 1 is showing the
original knight rider in the morning and afternoon now, they must have acquired it
from Bravo as they have stopped showing it.
Strictly speaking, Bravo and Virgin 1 are both part of Virgin Media's stable of TV channels.
There's nothing really in the way to stop Bravo showing the original Knight Rider again.

Having said that, it is of course entirely possible that Virgin Media could acquire the UK
rights to the new Knight Rider, and show it exclusively on Virgin 1 before any of our
regular terrestrial TV networks |(BBC, ITV, Ch4, five) can get their hands on it.

There is a way that we in the UK may be able to see it online before it reaches any
of the TV channels, and not necessarily by illegally downloading it via BitTorrent.

A YouTube style video sharing website called Veoh.com, allows you to download
videos from the site to your Windows PC or Apple Mac, using the VeohTV app.

Under the "Channels" tab in the VeohTV app, amongst others, NBC and CBS have a
selection of their programs available for streaming. Although the CBS channel has
mostly restricted it's programs either to viewing in the US only, or some strange
codec that virtually no-one uses, the NBC channel has unrestricted viewing.

Currently on there, there's stuff like Heroes, 30 Rock, The Office, Bionic Woman,
the two late night NBC comedy chat shows, The Tonight Show, and Late Night.

Since the new modern version of Bionic Woman is available on VeohTV before
it's officially started over here on ITV2, I'd say that a good chance that the
new version of Knight Rider is likely to make an appearance too.

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:16 am

Just recieved confirmation:

"Our schedulers have confirmed that there are no plans for ITV to acquire the rights to Knight Rider for transmission.

Regards

ITV Duty Officer - TT"

....not good news I guess.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

Knight82
Volunteer

Post by Knight82 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:50 pm

I wonder if any of the other channels will be interested in purchasing the rights?? The original series and TKR were both originally shown by ITV. Hopefully it will be on a freeview channel so that everyone can watch it.
Maybe it will appear on DVD before being broadcast!

J-Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by J-Knight » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:55 pm

Five US MAybe?

I watch Knight rider everymorning Now before work On Virgin1 lol They're on season 3 right now so I'm loving the lack of missing sound effects :D
Devon-"Shall we drink to the start of.."
Michael-"Of what?"
Devon-"One mans Dream"

knightriderfan09
Stranger

Post by knightriderfan09 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:34 am

dont worry about it people. when it airs on tv. in the next day or 2 thats when it will probably be on the website. i'll just go to this site that i know to download tv shows episodes. then i will upload it on youtube for you people to see it not sure how long it will be for it to be taken down by youtube.
but the moment i upload it i will post the link here

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:24 am

Knight Rider Online does not support the posting of links to illegally uploaded television episodes.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com