The Return of KARR!?

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Stylez
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

The Return of KARR!?

Post by Stylez » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:44 pm

Hey guys, I'm not sure why this tidbit hasn't made it over here but here is what Dan Louisell had to say about the parts that were lent to NBC by Rob and Co.
I'm not sure how much I can disclose (probably nothing, hope I don't get in trouble) but the dash is dusty because the scene in which the original KITT is introduced, Michael Knight's son has just discovered that the foundation has buried KITT in the desert and decides to dig up the pieces and put them back together... only to find out that it was actually KARR posing as KITT and he's now in grave danger. So it's not dusty, it's covered with desert sand.
Come to think of it, this could very well explain why a 2 tv dash was used. Big thanks to Tony B for calling me at work last night with this BIG news! Thanks Bro!

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:18 pm

As I understand it, from what we've heard from people who have read the script, there is no mention of KARR. I think someone leaked a false report somewhere.

flemmo
Rookie

Post by flemmo » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:23 pm

It's a nice idea though. I can imagine that being very exciting to watch - they rebuid it thinking its KITT and KARR pretends to be KITT before getting up to his old tricks. But we have seen KARR being pulled out of the sand before!
I think NBC would rather spend their 2 hours introducing new characters, new stories and the new KITT, rather than taking up too much time with the old stuff

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:00 pm

And thinking further... there WAS talk that if the show went to series there could be evil cars. So maybe it could be a teaser for something we won't see for a while.

I'll take a step back and keep an open mind...
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

BoMcD
Operative

Post by BoMcD » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:39 pm

Dan was making a funny... that thread started as to why the dash that was used was dusty....

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:09 pm

If that is true... and they were rebuilding KARR instead of KITT thinking it was KITT... then boy... does Knight Industries have a problem with missplacing things :lol: and a bad memory at that... "yes we found KITT look... 2 tv screens. *- I thought he had 3..."

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:32 pm

That would be a wild twist, not unlike the absurd twists that the series 24 has desperately had to resort to in recent years.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:49 pm

Yeah and the fact that KARR was completely destroyed. O_o Or was his CPU or something still intact?? Anyway, I'm sure that if the movie gets picked up it won't belong until we have a new KARR... Even if the bad prototype has been done so many times since Knight Rider and ever this season with Bionic Woman.

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:49 pm

BoMcD wrote:Dan was making a funny... that thread started as to why the dash that was used was dusty....
Oh are you serious?! lol well there goes a killer plot point down the toilet! Maybe NBC should hire Dan to write....crap....you sure he was just making a funny?