NBC: KITT Conceptual Renders

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

NBC: KITT Conceptual Renders

Post by neps » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:46 pm

found these on Jalopnik:

The Interior:
http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/KITTKn ... b1280x1280
(you can see the gull wing here too: http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.tvsqu ... 7493263551)

SPM (attack mode):

I certainly hope that dual scanner is a mistake!

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:58 pm

The dual scanner isn't a mistake, you can see the glint of the red on the Attack Mode photo you posted before where the car is burning rubber.

I'm wondering (speculating mind you) if maybe it's not a scanner at all but blinks back and forth more like a flashing police light/railroad sign.

=VK=

MJknight
Operative

Post by MJknight » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:39 pm

Is it just me or do you get the impression they're taking rather 'cost-affective' approach with the design of this dashboard.
One Man Can Make A Difference - Wilton Knight

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:47 pm

It is apparent to me that the only reason the Mustang was even chosen was because of Ford's affiliation with NBC Universal. As the press release states, this gives NBCU opportunities to exploit the car as much as they want. In my opinion, a business partnership was the driving force behind choosing the car, NOT a whole-hearted effort to find the right vehicle, as is what should have been the approach.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

The Shadow
Volunteer

Post by The Shadow » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:06 pm

The render of the interior seems interesting [more so for the rear seats than the front]. It doesn't seem as if there's as many gadget-type areas in the dash as KITT had.

In some respects the Knight 3K seems almost too plain inside - doesn't quite say 'supercar' to me. But there is time yet for alterations I suppose - even more time if the tv movie/pilot does well enough to get a new series.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:00 pm

The Shadow - Michael Pajaro was saying something similar to me - that it needed more buttons on the dash.

But is the future of a killer dash buttons? Look at the iPhone - it has one button, but tons of cool features via a touch screen. Star Trek TNG was the same way - everything touch screens. I think we'll find the new KITT the same way, no buttons - but surfaces that respond to touch and HUD displays that will make it feel gadget awesome.

Nismogtr21
Recruit

Post by Nismogtr21 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:53 pm

Why would the new high tech car have a zillion buttons like the old one?

Even normal cars have bluetooth technology, iDrive, which handles just about every function by utilizing a mouse and a computer screen, and voice commands. The new interior makes sense, no scanners, I can live with that. It would actually be better if it had strobes like a cop car, that would make more sense.

I'm glad they are taking some of the cornier elements out of the show, and making it more believable.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Re: NBC: KITT Conceptual Renders

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:40 am

Yeah, I don't think a ton of buttons are needed either, especially since with all the buttons KITT had how many were actually used? Ten not counting the random buttons Michael would occasionally push in those tense situations? Even that I'm thinking is an over estimate.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit

Re: NBC: KITT Conceptual Renders

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:14 pm

REMINDS ME OF A CYLON FROM THE ORIG.BATTLESTAR GALACTICA.....THO COOL, LUV THOSE VILLANS...THE LOOK DOES NOT FIT.

TOO FORCED,CONTRIVED,ASSEMBLY LINE,PRODUCTION MODEL- ONE MIGHT SAY...."AN INFERIOR COPY OF THE ORIGINAL."- KARR
" Silence....we have an intruder... "