The only Mustang that could pass for KITT...(Barely)

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

GalapagosRiot
Stranger

The only Mustang that could pass for KITT...(Barely)

Post by GalapagosRiot » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:17 pm

I could imagine KITT as this and probably be okay with this 'Stang. What do you think?

flemmo
Rookie

Post by flemmo » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:52 pm

yeah, in black with the scanner in the centre of the grille (not bonnet) it would look pretty good. similar lines to camaro

Nelson B
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Nelson B » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:01 pm

I could live with that. Okay this mustang needs a make over. Where is our magic man? Sorry can't remember his name the guy from Finland?

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:29 pm

Nelson B wrote:I could live with that. Okay this mustang needs a make over. Where is our magic man? Sorry can't remember his name the guy from Finland?
That's Toni Nummela.

I think this Mustang looks a lot sleeker than the production model, but it's a prototype. Using it might be out of the budget for the NBC flick.
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:36 pm

That is the Giugiaro Mustang. Get used to it though, its the new inspired prototype mustang face lift that's happening in 2010 to compete with the camaro and challenger.
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Toni Nummela
Knight of Finland

Post by Toni Nummela » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:11 pm

LadyV2000 wrote:
Nelson B wrote:I could live with that. Okay this mustang needs a make over. Where is our magic man? Sorry can't remember his name the guy from Finland?
That's Toni Nummela.
Who? Me? This one?

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:20 pm

Boy, that's great looking! My first thought was, why didn't they hire you...

I guess that part of the this deal with Ford is, the car has to be very close to the street version in terms of looks. Ford wants essentially a two hour commercial for a car that people can go out and buy. Unfortunately, that's the way of the world these days.

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:58 pm

Somebody please send that picture over to Universal. I would do it myself if I knew how.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:09 pm

Shapeshifter wrote:I guess that part of the this deal with Ford is, the car has to be very close to the street version in terms of looks. Ford wants essentially a two hour commercial for a car that people can go out and buy. Unfortunately, that's the way of the world these days.
I could have told you that. It seems blatantly obvious to me, and Ford needs all the help they can get.

As for this concept Mustang, I love it. It looks to me as if it's the same chassis as the Camaro Concept, but without the blatant retro look. If the telepic leads to a series and it lasts a couple of seasons, it will be 2010 before we know it, and the current model Mustang will already be outdated. Then we'll have a retro looking car that's outdated. I could see this car working for the feature film as well.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Mango19
Rookie

Post by Mango19 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:27 pm

Lost Knight wrote:
Shapeshifter wrote:I guess that part of the this deal with Ford is, the car has to be very close to the street version in terms of looks. Ford wants essentially a two hour commercial for a car that people can go out and buy. Unfortunately, that's the way of the world these days.
I could have told you that. It seems blatantly obvious to me, and Ford needs all the help they can get.

As for this concept Mustang, I love it. It looks to me as if it's the same chassis as the Camaro Concept, but without the blatant retro look. If the telepic leads to a series and it lasts a couple of seasons, it will be 2010 before we know it, and the current model Mustang will already be outdated. Then we'll have a retro looking car that's outdated. I could see this car working for the feature film as well.
Well, aren't we lucky the car can change shape, then.

You know, Volvo's part of Ford. And you think the Mustang looks funny... :D

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:11 pm

Shapeshifter wrote:Boy, that's great looking! My first thought was, why didn't they hire you...

I guess that part of the this deal with Ford is, the car has to be very close to the street version in terms of looks. Ford wants essentially a two hour commercial for a car that people can go out and buy. Unfortunately, that's the way of the world these days.
That's the way the world always was in TV series... even in the 80's.

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:20 pm

Boy I can be so dumb sometimes. Shapeshifter please show that picture to the studio bigwigs. Maybe the franchise can be saved after all.

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:21 pm

I flattered you think I have all that pull. All I can get is a few days head start on some information.

Obviously, it's WAAY to late for the pilot. And really, Ford's involvement may be predicated on them using a car that people can buy, not a concept or one-off. That's maybe how they got such a nice deal on the cars.

But, who knows, down the road?

nbcviper
Rookie

Post by nbcviper » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:50 pm

Love that concept mustang! You got some skills! Ok if they were smart this would be a camaro. I think I figured it out, Ford is in trouble the Camaro and Challenger are coming and there worried that there Mustang is going to become a memory. So to keep the memory alive there going to use a Mustang as KITT.
the day after tomorrow, NBCVIPER

Toni Nummela
Knight of Finland

Post by Toni Nummela » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:16 am

Shapeshifter wrote:Obviously, it's WAAY to late for the pilot. And really, Ford's involvement may be predicated on them using a car that people can buy, not a concept or one-off. That's maybe how they got such a nice deal on the cars.

But, who knows, down the road?
Yeah. I mean: How many times was KITT destroyed and rebuilt in the original series! If the fans don't like the new car, just get another one ;-)

I don't say a word of the new KITT in the NBC series until the first episode comes out. But if the reaction I've been reading around the web is the same with the actual pilot, then destroying the current Ford-KITT would be almost the same as killing Jar Jar Binks in Star Wars saga.

IMHO destroying KITT was always an important part of the Knight Rider series. Somehow. :-)

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:14 am

nbcviper wrote:Love that concept mustang! You got some skills! Ok if they were smart this would be a camaro. I think I figured it out, Ford is in trouble the Camaro and Challenger are coming and there worried that there Mustang is going to become a memory. So to keep the memory alive there going to use a Mustang as KITT.
Oww don´t worry about that, the Mustang will always be right up at the front of the pack with the others, a new Mustang is due out in less than 1.5 years. It is the Camaro which has everything to lose, they need to get it right, infact they had a Mustang in the design studio at GM all the time during the design stages and even now during road testing the car is being accompanied by a pack of Mustangs for the sake of camouflage and comparison. But I am heading way too offtopic here... sorry...

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:03 pm

So, if this new Knight Rider gets picked up and is made into at least a moderately successful series. what do you think the odds are that shortly before the new Mustang comes out KITT will be destroyed and the body replaced with the new model?

Mango19
Rookie

Post by Mango19 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:57 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:So, if this new Knight Rider gets picked up and is made into at least a moderately successful series. what do you think the odds are that shortly before the new Mustang comes out KITT will be destroyed and the body replaced with the new model?
The new KITT shapeshifts. He could just get bored and change.

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Re: The only Mustang that could pass for KITT...(Barely)

Post by Solid Snake » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:20 am

Haha, funny yet plausible reply Mango.
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!