Voice(s) for KITT for New Pilot and Movie

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

MJknight
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Voice(s) for KITT for New Pilot and Movie

Post by MJknight » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:35 am

Ideally it would be great for William Daniels to return to reprise his role for both projects.

However, it would also be 'prudent' to have seperate VAs for the projects.

Personally, I think Daniels should do the Movie for the voice of KITT and they bring in someone new for the voice of the Knight Industries Three Thousand.

Even though Daniels' voice has aged, you hear KITT straight away, even when he was playing Mr.Feeney in Boy Meets World, you heard it in his voice.

Mind you, I couldn't believe it when I read on Wikipedia that Revolution studios wanted Ben Affleck as the voice of KITT.

Were they serious? Affleck as the voice of the legendary supercar that is loved by all? That ain't right!
One Man Can Make A Difference - Wilton Knight

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:10 am

For the TV-Pilot they should have a new voice for the K3000 although when KITT returns in the show towards the last third of the script as stated they should no doubt have the original voice of William Daniels

For the movie they should find a distinct voice with a nice tone similar to Daniels but fresh.

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:03 pm

I'd like to hear John Billingsley (Phlox from Star Trek Enterprise) as Kitt. He has a "smiling" voice, it would be a nice choice for Kitt.