Question to Victor Kros

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Question to Victor Kros

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:07 pm

Hello Victor,

I was wondering, I was just viewing AICN.com and realized someone wrote a post about the whole thing going on with the legal battle between Glen and NBC, is this true what the post states?

------------------------------------------
Larson Lawsuit?
by Paul T. Ryan Nov 29th, 2007
08:03:07 PM
According to Knight Rider uberfan Victor Kros on the IMDB, "A Storm Is Coming"... Given his earlier pro-Larson rants against NBC's project I think he's intimating that Larson is trying legal avenues to get this production shut down. Sad, and not a little pathetic on Larson's part, no? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1114258/boa ... 8#91003778
------------------------------------------

http://aintitcoolnews.com/talkback_disp ... nt_1789403

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:00 pm

jjsocrazy any chance you could post the entire story? You have to be registered in order to read it.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:46 pm

I know Merrick at AICN, they were the first site I chose to break the footage of Glen speaking for Knightcon 07. Yes, it is true that I have given Merrick material to post there and Glen's camp is planning a major legal assault against NBCU and their Knight Rider TV pilot production.

I find it interesting how people who wish to report on what I have said, continue to twist, alter, or leave details out of my actual words which are chosen very carefully.

I find it sad that people are so narrow minded they make Glen out to be the bad guy when all he is trying to do is protect his rights which he rightfully worked his lifetime to achieve. As far as the NBCU tv pilot is concerned I have already expressed that it was made under sinister intentions and I will not cease to stand by that claim because I know for a fact there is documented proof that will come out in public.

You can question my crediblity all you like but the fact of the matter is I have never promised anything I could not deliver and I will continue to do so in the future.

A storm is coming, of that you can be sure and it will be explained in the trades in the weeks to come.

=VK=

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:22 am

victor kros wrote:I find it sad that people are so narrow minded they make Glen out to be the bad guy when all he is trying to do is protect his rights which he rightfully worked his lifetime to achieve.
I think I can explain it... Suppose you said this:

"It is Mr. Larson's position that Universal Studios did not fulfill their contractual obligations by failing to offer him the Executive Producer title on this project. He is looking forward to settling this issue quickly while protecting his rights which he has worked so hard to earn."

I think everyone would rally behind Larson, no questions asked.

But when you talk about Universal having "sinister intentions", and doing things of "questionable moral value", then it comes across as being melodramatic. If and when this "proof" becomes public, then the facts will speak for themselves.

We like Glen Larson. We are excited about his movie. We want him to be treated fairly. You don't have to oversell us.

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:36 am

it seems to be hard for me to stay away.

If you go on IMDB, Glen Larsen IS listed as an executive producer on the TV project. From what I understand, it was always intended that he get executive producer credit. His beef must be more complicated than mere credit, because it seems he's already getting that.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:37 am

Well, to be fair Shapeshifter, IMDB is hardly a reliable source. Their listing could have absolutely no relation to the official credits listed by NBC.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:39 am

Michael Pajaro wrote:
victor kros wrote:I find it sad that people are so narrow minded they make Glen out to be the bad guy when all he is trying to do is protect his rights which he rightfully worked his lifetime to achieve.
I think I can explain it... Suppose you said this:

"It is Mr. Larson's position that Universal Studios did not fulfill their contractual obligations by failing to offer him the Executive Producer title on this project. He is looking forward to settling this issue quickly while protecting his rights which he has worked so hard to earn."

I think everyone would rally behind Larson, no questions asked.

But when you talk about Universal having "sinister intentions", and doing things of "questionable moral value", then it comes across as being melodramatic. If and when this "proof" becomes public, then the facts will speak for themselves.

We like Glen Larson. We are excited about his movie. We want him to be treated fairly. You don't have to oversell us.
I must 2nd this statement by M.P.

But I'd have to add that:
Even though I find the issues between NBC and Mr. Larson interesting, it tends to become a bit overwhelming with some of the comments that are made.

Try not to let message boards get to you... they can and they will if you let them.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:02 am

This is not quite on-topic and I don't mean to steer this into a tangent, but I was wondering something regarding the Knight 3000 being a Mustang. If Merrick at AICN has read the script, he was also one of the first to post pictures of the Shelby Mustang. I would imagine the script would have stated what type of car K.I.T.T. was, and it makes me wonder if it's true that he is indeed a Mustang.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:20 am

Larson has every right to be credited and/or compensated for his creation of KR. Halting the project long enough to force them to honor those compitments is all He has my support for.

However going any further than that is pure CHILDISHNESS He HATES David Hasselhoff and doesn't want to work with him that's fine. NBC/Universal owns the tv movie/tv series rights and has every legal right to make it as often as they like as long as they properly honor their agreement with Larson. I feel Larson believe's Hasselhoff is behind this project and his HATRED for him is almost his pure motives for doing this. Youll never convince me of anything else so don't even try. If Larson stops this project it proves all he really cares about is money not the fans. If He halts it long enough to get the compenation and credit He deserves that is different and totally justified.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:25 am

IMDB's sources are incorrect, Glen has not been given nor was he offered an executive producer's credit on the NBCU back-pilot. IMDB also falsely listed TWC as one of the companies working on the backdoor pilot which has since been removed.

I must say as of late I am rather disappointed with imdb's inaccuries and their decision to make people pay to read the board for the feature film. Part of the reason I no longer post there is I don't have an account set up on IMDB pro yet. I advise until you see things listed in the trades not to take IMDB's information as factual, at least for now.

I have been informed that NBCU has the right to continue to make their back-door pilot but they will not be able to air it IF an injunction is granted against them. Considering they are ignoring the cease and decist order issued to them, it's likely to hurt them later down the broadcast line.

This also has absolutely nothing to do with Glen's dislike for David Hasselhoff, this battle has been going on way before David was confirmed to have a cameo in the tv back-door pilot.

It's a matter of contractual obligations that were not fulfilled as well as some other matters I cannot disclose at this time.

From here on out, I can no longer discuss this subject any further as the "storm" I have been referring to is gathering to strike very shortly.
As far as stating NBCU's intentions are sinister in nature regarding the KR back-door pilot, I have a right to my opinion based upon information (at this time) you do not have access to and I excercise my right to it.

You are correct, the facts will speak for themselves and they will be arriving soon.

=VK=

Radicalas
Operative

Post by Radicalas » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:55 am

victor kros wrote:... IMDB also falsely listed TWC as one of the companies working on the backdoor pilot which has since been removed...
I corrected IMDb to remove The Weinstein Company from NBC's Knight Rider project companies list, because TWC isn't involved with NBC's Knight Rider, am i correct or i have done a mistake?

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:17 am

victor kros wrote:I know Merrick at AICN, they were the first site I chose to break the footage of Glen speaking for Knightcon 07. Yes, it is true that I have given Merrick material to post there and Glen's camp is planning a major legal assault against NBCU and their Knight Rider TV pilot production.

I find it interesting how people who wish to report on what I have said, continue to twist, alter, or leave details out of my actual words which are chosen very carefully.

I find it sad that people are so narrow minded they make Glen out to be the bad guy when all he is trying to do is protect his rights which he rightfully worked his lifetime to achieve. As far as the NBCU tv pilot is concerned I have already expressed that it was made under sinister intentions and I will not cease to stand by that claim because I know for a fact there is documented proof that will come out in public.

You can question my crediblity all you like but the fact of the matter is I have never promised anything I could not deliver and I will continue to do so in the future.

A storm is coming, of that you can be sure and it will be explained in the trades in the weeks to come.

=VK=
I am certaintly not questioning your credibility it's just how it was stated by this poster or whomever it is. If I were to question that, why would I or all the others on this site still follow you on the movie?

Thanks for clearing it up though!

I just hope that both the movie and backdoor pilot for NBC do not get hurt in this legal matter, I hope they come to a compromise so production for both can come in the time there supposed to.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:48 pm

Thank you for taking the intiative to do that Radicalas, always helpful when the fans look out for Glen.

jjsocrazy, my comment about credibility was in general, not directly at anyone in particular.

=VK=

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:16 pm

No I understand I just didn't want to seem that I was bashing you or putting you down with your facts, but how long until we see whats going on with the lawsuit because I really hope it doesn't effect the show since it is all we have for over 10 years involving Knight Rider

Thanks

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:03 pm

Yes I agree also. I don't want the NBC/Universal project stopped either. Its a continuation involving Hasselhoff. That is what Ive wanted for 12 years. Larson's not interested in that direction but they are and I am. I just don't want to get robbed of the chance to see it. Solve the contractual issue and let the project itself continue. And may the best idea win out.

Im not interested in a remake per say. I mean don't get me wrong will I see Larson's project Absolutely. Im interested in seeing How He'll update it. I just feel a continuation somehow involving Hasselhoff is the way to go. I don't mean to sound like I dislike Larson, Victor, or anyone else. I just love Knight Rider and have my own visions for where I think it should go. NBC/Universal is the one willlig to give me the one I want.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:18 pm

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and a right to decide what they like and do not like. I'm not here to make people pick sides, I'm here to preserve accuracy with respects to the feature film development and answer what questions I can. Some of which people do not wish to hear or accept and that is fine but it's the truth nonetheless.

If someone disgrees with me that is fine, but they must also understand that if their facts are not accurate, I will point them out and correct them.

If it involves Glen or the feature film, I comment accordingly.

I believe strongly in a "To each their own." philosophy.

=VK=

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:26 am

i must say that i think there is room for both nbc universals pilot/series, and larsons movie. but if larson stops nbc universal from airing there version of knight rider, i will be very upset, its not right, i have been waiting forever for knight rider to reappear in a tv series or movie, and 2010 is a while away for larsons movie. i need to see nbcu pilot/ series to hold me over until the larson movie comes out.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:57 am

Maybe I'm reading into this wrong but it doesn't seem like Mr. Larson is trying or attempting to stop the NBC pilot. He just wants NBCU to honor his rights and go about it the proper way per contract which I have to say I respect. It is his creation, with out Glen we wouldn't be here, we'd be on the dukes of hazard site or a mom the car website. I don't personally think its Mr. Larson's intentions to sabotage the project.
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:17 am

I really hope this whole lawsuit doesn't make the show come out much later or even cancelled. Hopefully they come to an agreement and maybe Glen can put some insight on the show or just his name credited like in TKR.