Anybody here read Wizard?

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Anybody here read Wizard?

Post by KRAvengerII » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:02 pm

The latest issue have a short blurb comparing the Knight Rider feature film with the TV movie. You might want to pick it up at your local comic shop.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:05 pm

thanks for the heads up, I will look for it.

I used to read Wizard all the time when comics were good, now they're really lost the magic they used to have with good story writing and original expressive artwork. These days I still subscribe to Toyfare.

I canceled my subscriptions to Wolverine and Ultimate X-Men when I could no longer stand the shoddy art and sub-par recycled storyline formulas.

=VK=

JimmyPSHayes
Operative

Post by JimmyPSHayes » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:22 pm

I'm a comic retailer and I totally forgot to post about this. I hung up the article in my store for people to see. I think they got the 2 projects confused in the article, though.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:45 pm

If someone wants to scan it and send me a link, I would appreciate it since I don't know when the next chance will be for me to pick up the issue. What issue # am I looking for?

This this it?

http://wizarduniverse.com/_images_/006499/195b.cvr.jpg

=VK=

JimmyPSHayes
Operative

Post by JimmyPSHayes » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:52 pm

It's issue #195. It's on shelves now. Here's a link to my companies listing for it, so you can see the cover:
http://www.grahamcrackers.com/shopping/ ... p?id=96423
-I'll try and get a scan this weekend.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:04 pm

Thanks KRAvengerII for letting us know.

Large version:
http://www.knightridermovie.com/2008/wi ... 08-big.jpg

There are several covers for the same issue. This is the January 2008 issue, #195.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:12 pm

Thanks for the scan,

Once again people jump the gun before properly consulting their facts. It's not that hard to get in touch with Glen's office if you're in the media. They could have made an effort to do so before "guestimating" their article.

You can even cruise the internet and find more accurate information. When people do this sort of thing, especially more reputable sources of information for advanced movie gossip it just makes them look bad when they can't even get the gossip somewhat correct.

Accuracy is so crucial in these matters, I fail to understand why people just don't grasp the importance of it these days.

I suppose I will have to find some way to contact them to see if they will clarify their mistakes but I doubt they'll invest much interest in it.

=VK=

JimmyPSHayes
Operative

Post by JimmyPSHayes » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:24 pm

That's one of the reasons I wasn't exactly in a hurry to post about this article. It's full of mis-information. I doubt they researched it very hard at all.
VK-If you like, you can pm me or email me at batkid03@aol.com I have several contacts at Wizard magazine that I can put you in touch with or help you get the article corrected.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:22 pm

I'm not sure what there is to complain about. This is pure fluff with virtually no information - right or wrong - in it whatsoever.

Glen Larson is scripting: True
Weinstein Co. involved: True
Darker and edgier style than series: Well come on, how could it NOT be edgier?!
William Daniels was in running at Revolution: True
Ben Affleck was in competition with Daniels: OK, that's false, although there was a rumor at one point that Affleck might be a new Michael Knight. And it's not like they're saying he is involved with the film.
Michael Knight's son carrying out Dad's legacy: That may not be the case now, but that WAS one of the ideas Hasselhoff was working on with Revolution.

Possibly 2-and-a-half years before a talking car movie is released, a comic book magazine incorrectly publishes a chart saying that the plot MAY involve Michael Knight's son. Sorry, it just doesn't get me riled up.