Kitt Concept?

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

nbcviper
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Kitt Concept?

Post by nbcviper » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:49 pm

Hey everyone, I decided to make a 1999 Dodge Charger RT Concept into K.I.T.T. My photo-manipulation skills are in need of a shall we say bettering.... but hopefully you get the idea.

the day after tomorrow, NBCVIPER

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:45 pm

it looks good.

KentuckyKITT
Rookie

Post by KentuckyKITT » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:47 am

Looks great, but I think the scanner needs to be much thinner. What is it with these wide scanners all of a sudden?

Incidentally, I still can't believe that the car went from THAT to the 4-door family sedan they call a Charger. I remember when that concept came out and I thought it had "Trans Am" looks to it. It's a very inspiring design and I like it. Kind of reminds me of a concept Trans Am. It's a cool design. Too bad it was never used.

Bryan
"KITT, if this is just a toy factory, I'm Peter Pan."

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:47 am

In most fan inspired photo manips of a new KITT I have also noticed they've been messing with the design of the scanner light either making it too thick or too short and tend to forget the signature spoiler on the back.

There is existing concept art for the new KITT in the feature film but you'll never see it leaked online, at least not while it's in Glen's possession.

=VK=

Toni Nummela
Knight of Finland

Post by Toni Nummela » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:37 am

victor kros wrote:There is existing concept art for the new KITT in the feature film...
Aww man, what a tease :-D
victor kros wrote:... but you'll never see it leaked online, at least not while it's in Glen's possession.
But leaking it would be very powerful marketing at right point. I mean: Who doesn't want to see the new KITT from the movie? Think about that Koenigsegg poster. Although that was a fake one it was all over the web. I mean EVERYWHERE!

Just use that weapon when the time is right :wink:

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:09 am

While I agree that to some extent leaking material drives the anticipation level higher, it hurts the marketing department who have a particular schedule of release dates for a teaser poster, press/panels, theatrical poster, trailers, video games, merchandising, etc. Sometimes it's a judgment call really but the other down side is if fans don't like the concept art that's leaked, they're quick to make swift judgments on if a movie/tv show will succeed or tank before it's been filmed or released and that can have a profound effect if enough people jump the gun.

In this day and age though, keeping a lid on things is just very difficult to do with the freedom of the internet, people sneaking on movie sets or taking shots from a distance, and in some cases stealing or hacking artwork. Studios are taking the concept of plausible deniability. It means if a image is leaked and they refuse to say it's authentic or claim it's fake, the imagery could be real and it would be up to the audience to decide for themselves if it's real or not.

In many cases people have claimed something is real (Knight Will Fall 2008 *cough cough*) and it's proven fake or in the case of Transformers some art that is leaked was proven real when others thought it was fake.

The one profound advantage of a studio releasing "official art" is that no one can claim it's a fake after it's been proven authentic. When it's a movie poster that's been confirmed as legit, it spreads just as quickly across the net as a fake one but the advantage of the real deal is it's also spread across magazines, television, and trades which reaches a greater audience then a few internet movie sites.

=VK=

P.S. I was the first to officially debunk the Knight Rider Teaser Poster with the Koenigsegg on AICN.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:14 am

The front might work with a little tweaking and a thinner scanner, but the rest of the car looks too much like a Monte Carlo to me.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:26 am

Found a few images of that car and I think its a good looking car as a sub for the trans am.

http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z330/default.aspx

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:42 pm

This is just a general question here so do not take it and run with it as being the new KITT or anything but what do you fans think of the Acura NSX Sports Car Concept as a KITT car?

Would you approve of it even though it's not an american manufactured vehicle?

=VK=

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:22 pm

Yes, I would approve it...I love the look of it...

Joe

KnightSlider
Volunteer

Post by KnightSlider » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:25 pm

this car would be perfect!
anybody can photoshop it in black with the scanner?

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:34 pm

a Pontiac Rageous or nothing.... NUFF SAID.

LOOK AT THE HISTORY OF THE F BODY T/A....

because of KR,when it premiered...sales went thru the roof

a mad re-interest in Mopars occured because of the General Lee
and sales of Viper went up dramatically too, I might add- tho t'was only a preciously short run....dollar wise.

from the human stand point: The Hoff came from a Soap.

Pierce Brosnon was a Very good choice for Bond & the runner up was Adrian Paul- Highlander, the series- who looks like a young Sean Connery
( nothing against Dan Craig )

maybe history will strike twice like lightning.
" Silence....we have an intruder... "

Toni Nummela
Knight of Finland

Post by Toni Nummela » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:34 pm

victor kros wrote:Acura NSX Sports Car Concept as a KITT car?
Couldn't help it...

Would like it...

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:41 pm

Damn Toni - your skills are always above every level. I had mocked it up but not as close as yours.

I don't think people would mind a Japanese car, as long as it has the bulk and uniqueness of American influence. Most times Asian sports cars are smaller in size and less unique in detailing. Like this Acura, it's pretty - but it's a bit to non descript. It's like someone just drew a line and forgot to spice it up.

Toni Nummela
Knight of Finland

Post by Toni Nummela » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:09 pm

KnightSlider wrote:this car would be perfect!
anybody can photoshop it in black with the scanner?

There you go.

nbcviper
Rookie

Post by nbcviper » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:11 pm

Thanks guys, and that Acura looks great but real similar to the Defender don't you think? I my opinion I love that photo touch up of that Acura amazing! Also could anyone try fixing that charger, maybe adding a spoiler and a better scanner.
the day after tomorrow, NBCVIPER

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:24 pm

That Acura looks good and pretty futuristic, especially I like the thin LED driving lights, it would be great new KITT :) Maybe the rims should look like the Turbocast alloys in the original '82 KITT.
Haven't seen how the Acura's interior looks like but if it were to be KITT it should have futuristic dashboard too.
Honda have done also other than automotive technological things, their Asimo walking, humanoid robot is amazing.

It would be great if KITT coud be American car like the original '82 Trans-Am but on the other hand lots of the hi-tech stuff is coming from Japan. Even in the original KITT, in the Junk Yard Dog episode the "original team" seemed to have Japanese man, Yamato ;)

pezze87
Rookie

Post by pezze87 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:44 pm

Now THIS is the new KITT! Whitout any doubt...!!!
The Knight is back!

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:57 pm

Nice scanner work Toni, longer then I would prefer but nicely done. I'm finding it increasingly difficult to capture a good image of the scanner to work from.

=VK=

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:06 pm

That would definatly be the perfect new kitt. Nicely done and please no bowling ball hubcaps.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:32 pm

The Acura is very tough and sexy looking from the front. It would definitely qualify for being in the same "design spirit" of the original Trans Am. It also has a "muscular" look to it which is reminiscent of American muscle cars like the Camaro and Charger. A spoiler would need to be added, a slightly shorter scanner, and definitely a change of rims. But no "bowling ball" hubcaps. When you think about it, they're very dull looking, design-wise, and I think we fans only prefer them so much because they were always a part of K.I.T.T., who is a character more than just a car. It's soon going to be 2008 and therefore time for something more creative for rims.

As for the Charger Concept, it certainly looks better from other angles. I think the car is a little too long, which makes it look like a Monte Carlo to me from certain angles. Plus, K.I.T.T. should never be a 4-door vehicle. I think this car will work much better trimmed down to a 2-door. Then of course change the nose and rims entirely, add a spoiler, and I think it would look much better.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:50 pm

That I could handle for the movie. It does have the body lines and curves you would expect a new KITT to have, but like the 82 Trans Am it needs to loose all the Accra emblems and logos. Also needs that trans am style spoiler to really polish off the look.
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:01 pm

i would definately approve of this Acura, it's really awesome and has the K.I.T.T. feeling to it.

though Acura is a part of the japanese Honda the Acura brand is US-only and it's design facility is located in the US, so even the argument that KITT needs to be an american car is somewhat legit.

though i'm european and propably don't get american patriotism right...

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:47 pm

I absolutely love that Acura concept! Great photshoping Toni! I could honestly care less if the new KITT is Japanese, just as long as it's not a rice-burner, which this car isn't by any means. And no bowling ball hubcaps. They're way too outdated.
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:16 am

wow, that acura is awesome, that would be the perfect car for the new kitt, it is very futuristic looking, and a perfect replacement for the trans am!