Kitt Concept?

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Toni Nummela
Knight of Finland
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Toni Nummela » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:17 pm

flemmo wrote:Another angle of the Acura. Nice and sleek :D
Maybe Toni Nummela could give it a paint job?

flemmo
Rookie

Post by flemmo » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:35 pm

Nice one Toni! Now that looks like a modern day KITT to me. What do you reckon? :D

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:07 pm

Needs a rear spoiler and more inventive rims. It still feels very stock especially with the Acura hood emblem. The scanner looks great.

=VK=

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:44 pm

An idea I have for the rims in order to avoid the "bowling ball" hubcaps would be to add a little bit of black trim within the chrome. Maybe start the black from the center and thinly spread it out through each spoke. And yes, that Acura emblem has got to go!

As for looking stock, it's a concept car. That means it still looks futuristic and uncommon. Besides, K.I.T.T.'s overall body was stock except for the front nose.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:53 pm

I disagree,

The original KITT Trans am had a new front nose, spoiler, blackouts, window tint, modified scoop hood, and slightly modified rims added and was also lowered more to the ground then a stock Trans Am off the assembly line.

They didn't just slap in a scanner light in the front and start shooting it. They took their time to make it stand out more then a standard car avalible to the public.

=VK=

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:11 pm

victor kros wrote:I disagree,

The original KITT Trans am had a new front nose, spoiler, blackouts, window tint, modified scoop hood, and slightly modified rims added and was also lowered more to the ground then a stock Trans Am off the assembly line.

They didn't just slap in a scanner light in the front and start shooting it. They took their time to make it stand out more then a standard car avalible to the public.

=VK=
I know the work that was done to the car for the show, but aside from the front nose, dashboard and tail light blackout, the rest of the differences are not noticeable, in my opinion. K.I.T.T. and Michael Long's stock Trans Am both had "bowling ball" hubcaps, tan interiors with PMD seats, and cowl induction hoods. The spoiler is stock. The window tints were only on occasion and were more of a function K.I.T.T. had as opposed to a permanent change. The gold trim and "Trans Am" lettering were removed, but normal Trans Ams were available in basic black, too. I suppose you're correct about the car being dropped a few inches, which I was aware about, but don't think it's a very noticeable difference.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:32 pm

victor kros wrote:Needs a rear spoiler and more inventive rims. It still feels very stock especially with the Acura hood emblem. The scanner looks great.

=VK=
Couldn't agree more, with a trans am inspired spoiler and some nice rims and getting rid of all the acura branding... this concept would look amazing as kitt.
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:59 am

victor kros wrote:They took their time to make it stand out more then a standard car avalible to the public.

=VK=
I sincerely hope that for the new TV version that they take the time to do the same as they did for the 80's show. Just slapping a scanner in the front of any car will be disappointing.

MJknight
Operative

Post by MJknight » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:24 am

That's pretty good.

I personally feel that the 2008 Concept Camero would be more ideal for KITT, but Victor has proven that won't be the car either when he left a comment one of my YouTube videos where I vented my opinions on the Movie Project.

Well, I do have another suggestion for KITT, what about a 2009 Concept Nissan GT-R http://www.gtrnissan.com/?Site=nissanusa&Area=GT-R_Home

Granted, it's not American or Pontiac, but it has the potential. or a Toyota MR2 Image
One Man Can Make A Difference - Wilton Knight

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:25 pm

R-A-G-E-O-U-S- Pontiac prototype...!

NUFF SAID!
" Silence....we have an intruder... "

KentuckyKITT
Rookie

Post by KentuckyKITT » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:43 pm

victor kros wrote:I disagree,

=VK=
The modified scoop hood you are referring to is a stock Trans Am part that was available on 82 Trans Ams with the crossfire setup and maybe one other engine. The rear spoiler is completely stock. The rims were completely stock with the exception of removing Pontiac stickers from the caps. How does that make the rims modified? Those are stock rims and caps. I disagree that they took the time to really make it stand out because it was clearly a STOCK 82 Pontiac Trans Am on the exterior and the only modifications were 1. Front nose, 2. Scanner, 3. Tailight blackout. That's it and nothing else on the exterior of the car was "custom designed" by anyone other than Pontiac. Tinted windows already existed for cars and though, not usually factory on cars back then, you could have it done.

This is why I think if your going to change it all and remake it, why use a stock car or concept that could become a production vehicle....it's been done already. I would love to see a custom designed vehicle that no one would recognize that would truly stand out from all other cars.

Bryan
"KITT, if this is just a toy factory, I'm Peter Pan."

Valleyboy
Volunteer

Post by Valleyboy » Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:58 pm

perhaps someone could work their photoshop magic on this one?

Reissuleipa
Rookie

Post by Reissuleipa » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:14 am

Ah, the Audi R8. Now that's one sweet looking car itself...

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:18 am

One comment about the original KITT's windscreen, it didn't have tint stripe in the top of the windshield as the stock Trans-Am's have. Haven't seen any pics of stock Trans-Am's that have completely clear windscreen like KITT had so I think that one is another modified item.