Season One DVD hits sales in Hungary

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Season One DVD hits sales in Hungary

Post by HungarianKnight » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:05 pm

Back in 1992, the Hungarian TV2 (the old one) began broadcasting an American TV series. It was about a brave man and his talking car who fight for the common people. The series was called Knight Rider and it, being untranslatale, retained its title in Hungarian.

Being a little kid at that time, I grew to love the series within minutes of the first episode I saw. I remember it being Trust doesn't Rust with my Grandpa telling me that Karr is better than Kitt, always out-manouvering him. Of course Kitt proved to be better and I remained a loyal fan of the series since that time.

In 1997, RTL Klub, the first major commerical TV station of Hungary aired the series again. This time, I taped it. Oh yes, back in the old VHS days. It was years till I got a TV tuner and started ripping them into low-quality AVI files. But it was Knight Rider on PC and I still have the files on my KR HDD.

Two years ago, the new TV2 aired Knight Rider again and this time I ripped the show in better quality, that of the VHS. That was the first time I had the complete series. By tht time, I had the first two seasons on original English DVDs.
Later on, I managed to get the complete series in DVD rips, with English/Hungarian dual audio. And now... something changed.

The Hungarian distributor Intercom has released the complete first season of Knight Rider on DVD, with the good old original dub and of ourse the English voices as well. Naturally, I bought it immediately. Knight Rider has entered a new Hungarian era as the upcoming seasons will arive in the upcoming yeas(s).

I remember the starry-eyed kid who I was who saw Kitt chase Karr though the city. Now the starry-eyed kid is a young man but still watching his two unique heroes making a difference.