KITT is a dang Mustang....?

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:14 pm

I JUST CANNOT SEE A M-STANG WITH A SCANNER INSET IN THE NOSE AS A fLAG VEHICLE....THIS WAS TRIED ALREADY -T.K.R. a 'stang does not look the part..it lax personality....!

tho its driver is-was a hottie
" Silence....we have an intruder... "

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:31 pm

Lost Knight wrote:Well, if Ford and NBCU had ties together and a Ford was the most practical choice for the new K.I.T.T., I think the only Ford that could have worked was the GT in your avatar, Solid Snake.
Thank you very much... unfortunatly... a GT is a bit to expensive for a TV series. But yes, that would have been a cool KITT... that or the Shelby GR1.

kitt_rulz
Operative

Post by kitt_rulz » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:46 pm

i did find this video as well:
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1560900ePA9fEwZ

only about the first 30-45 secs apply though not the entire 3 mins
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - God Futurama

MJknight
Operative

Post by MJknight » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:31 am

I posted a video on YouTube giving my 5 cents on what I think about KITT being turned into Mustang.

A Mustang?? What is this world coming to!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=R_hPpEmStxw
One Man Can Make A Difference - Wilton Knight

KarlKnightRider
Recruit

Post by KarlKnightRider » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:57 pm

I've always suspected KITT was to be a Ford, though not neccessarily a Mustang. Perhaps a new concept. What with the TKR vehicles all being Fords this seemed quite a likely option for a new TV series.

To be honest I don't mind, however I hope they do change the car a bit more than those pictures we've seen show.

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Re: KITT is a dang Mustang....?

Post by spyhunter » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:28 pm

msKEN wrote:Image

Source:

http://jalopnik.com/cars/knight-rider/k ... 327175.php

What is the world coming to?
My sentiments EXACTLY!

Kalana
Stranger

Post by Kalana » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:20 pm

I just viewed the pictures from the photo thing the other day. And personally I think that a Shelby is the best way to go. I have watched every episode of the original series. Since they dont make the Trans Am anymore I think a Mustang is a logical choice. But then again I may be partial because I have just always loved Mustangs. That is just my take on it all. I do think it is cool that they are coming out with a new movie and it is kinda funny too because I was just talking to my roommate about Knight Rider just a couple days ago.

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Post by spyhunter » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:32 pm

There are far too many Mustang lovers out there, that's what makes this a nightmare!

The biggest problem is that they sort of switched sides by going with Ford, and you just can't do that. I think it will be a grave mistake for them. It's just too much of a change, much more than the red car in KR2000, at least the body of that one was KITTish...

If they really wanted success with this series, they should have worked with Pontiac to get a new Trans Am, if not production, at least for the show and with the new Camero coming out it shouldn't have been a problem since they both use the same body. GM could definitely use the publicity from this movie. This is hopefully what Glen will do one day.

SH

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit

KITT's a dang stang....? NOT RAGEOUS!

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:12 pm

HEY MJKNIGHT....how did the scripti-story come to fini....?
I worked on two stories of my own...& I posted mention of it here sometime back...that when I finish my epic-with a possible third...! they'll get posted here!

I had a blast doing it tho, these ones were more a broader version of KR with the core characters being in the stories less yet I kept the essence, spririt,core story style true to the main ....Hell, I brought back Wilton Knight (faked his own death )KARR -sort of and explained Garth, etc.....
I kept Both Bonnie & April.... no RC....sorrry ....and here's the twist....I set the whole thing in, around New England with characters I created based on real life folks I know...including me...!

(WHEW....! ) when I do fini the 2nd story & maybe a third sequel...yep, they'll be put here .....!

Anyway.....I wait to see if the new KR is true to the Original. therefore, I shall not pass judgement on it till it airs....& I ask all fans to do the same!
" Silence....we have an intruder... "