Some Final thoughts about the pilot...

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Some Final thoughts about the pilot...

Post by Shapeshifter » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:48 am

This will be my last post for a while; the production is moving into the filming stage, and the producers want to keep a tighter lid on things now, and I need to respect that. I just wanted to make a final observation or two...

Regarding people's expectations: remember, this is a new crew. They are not recreating the original series; they are re-imagining it. As such, many of the casting and production decisions reflect a desire to make this a reflection of a modern age. The central idea is intact; that of the relationship between the driver and the car. But things need to be more believable now, since many of the things that KITT could do originally are no longer fiction. So, many aspects of the production are going to be different, to reflect a different time, and a different audience.

I would say watch the show, when it airs, with an open mind, and you will find a whole lot to enjoy. And hopefully, so will the current viewing public.

Thanks to all here, and best of luck to both the TV and the movie projects. Superman and Smallville have shown that there is room for both.

JimmyPSHayes
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by JimmyPSHayes » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:24 pm

I for one will totally have an open mind while watching the pilot. As much as I love the old show, I think most of realize that it's been 20+ years since it was on the air. I just love the franchise so much that I can't wait to see where the evolution of Knight Rider goes.
-And it's great to hear that filming is about to start!!! We're that much closer!! :D

Nelson B
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Nelson B » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:17 pm

Well I can't wait until somebody snags a picture of the new kitt and puts it on the internate. NEWS FLASH they are saying over at knight rider uk that mustangs are being used.

subliminal1284
Volunteer

Post by subliminal1284 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:07 pm

If mustangs are being used I know alot of fans wont like it. Sorry I have a feeling this show is gonna Bomb :(