The Hoff Returns To KNIGHT RIDER!?

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Radicalas
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

The Hoff Returns To KNIGHT RIDER!?

Post by Radicalas » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:47 am

When NBC's new KNIGHT RIDER project was announced, one of the first things everybody asked was "Will Hasselhoff have anything to do with it?". And, as alluded to in previous posts, his Michael Knight character does make an appearance in the project's script.

However, until now, we'd head nothing about whether The Hoff would actually sign on. He'd been trying to resurrect the franchise for years, and may not necessarily have been predisposed towards jumping onto someone else's boat.

Now comes word that The Hoff is, indeed, in negotiations to appear in the new project...a sequel concept that will center on Michael Knight's son.

Deanna Russo has also joined the cast. She plays Logan Armstrong on THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS and also appeared in REST STOP. I haven't seen her work so I can't comment, although she's pretty cute.

The KNIGHT RIDER project, and Russo's role, is described thusly:

a sequel to the 1980s series that centers on Mike Tracer (Bruening), Michael Knight's son who never knew his dad.

Burned by his love for childhood best friend and one-time girlfriend Sarah Kamen (Russo), Mike is wasting away in Las Vegas when Sarah reappears and is willing to pay off Mike's gambling debt in exchange for help.

Sarah is the brilliant estranged daughter of KITT inventor Charles Kamen, who works as an assistant professor in the engineering department at Stanford. When she receives word from talking-car KITT (Knight Industries Three Thousand) that her father is missing, she and KITT set out to find and recruit Mike.

...says THIS ARTICLE in Hollywood Reporter.

All of this matches perfectly with my previously posted script review of the TV movie/backdoor pilot.

Source: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34847

Radicalas
Operative

Re: The Hoff Returns To KNIGHT RIDER!?

Post by Radicalas » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:49 am

Radicalas wrote:When NBC's new KNIGHT RIDER project was announced, one of the first things everybody asked was "Will Hasselhoff have anything to do with it?". And, as alluded to in previous posts, his Michael Knight character does make an appearance in the project's script.

However, until now, we'd head nothing about whether The Hoff would actually sign on. He'd been trying to resurrect the franchise for years, and may not necessarily have been predisposed towards jumping onto someone else's boat.

Now comes word that The Hoff is, indeed, in negotiations to appear in the new project...a sequel concept that will center on Michael Knight's son.

Deanna Russo has also joined the cast. She plays Logan Armstrong on THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS and also appeared in REST STOP. I haven't seen her work so I can't comment, although she's pretty cute.

The KNIGHT RIDER project, and Russo's role, is described thusly:

a sequel to the 1980s series that centers on Mike Tracer (Bruening), Michael Knight's son who never knew his dad.

Burned by his love for childhood best friend and one-time girlfriend Sarah Kamen (Russo), Mike is wasting away in Las Vegas when Sarah reappears and is willing to pay off Mike's gambling debt in exchange for help.

Sarah is the brilliant estranged daughter of KITT inventor Charles Kamen, who works as an assistant professor in the engineering department at Stanford. When she receives word from talking-car KITT (Knight Industries Three Thousand) that her father is missing, she and KITT set out to find and recruit Mike.

...says the article in Hollywood Reporter.

All of this matches perfectly with my previously posted script review of the TV movie/backdoor pilot.

Source: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34847

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:07 pm

Excellent news, I just hope that soon there'll be rock solid confirmation that he indeed will play Michael Knight in the new Knight Rider 8)
If there will be tv-series after the pilot, it would be great to see the old cast even as a guest stars in some episode(s) in their original characters, Patricia McPherson as Bonnie Barstow, Rebecca Holden as April and Peter Parros as a RC3, would be great to see them together again with Michael Knight and KITT :D

They've also done good choices for the new cast, pretty ladies :P

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:43 pm

....AND SO THE DOOR OPENS YET AGAIN.

Dr,Barstow, you're needed.
" Silence....we have an intruder... "

Knight82
Volunteer

Post by Knight82 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:14 am

There is an article on the entertainment news on msn.com homepage today. Nothing really new about the new pilot that we did'nt already know but thought people might want to read it.