Question about end of KR Series and beginning of New Series

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Question about end of KR Series and beginning of New Series

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:30 pm

In all this happening with the two KR project which I am very excited about I had a question that I don't think has been answered. Do you guys think that the new KR Two Hour Pilot will clear thoughts and questions about the ending of the older series?

For example:
-Where did Michael Knight go and leave off too?
-What happened within the last years and him with his son taking over FLAG.
-What happened to KITT?

Also for the series I have a few questions hopefully can be anwered:
-Will KITT re-appear in the new series and then be upgraded or will there be a totally new KITT after re-introduced?
-Will Hasselhoff play Michael Knight again, it would be very very smart to bring him in that role again, he has the whit and spirit of KR in his back pocket and can help lead them into a good direction with the series, he can be like Wilton Knight just in the first episode or a few and then maybe die or he can be like Devon and guide him, I personally prefer Devon's role but just throwing ideas out there.

Who knows but I can't wait for the series and movie!

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:34 pm

My personal opinion is that there will be little to no effort whatsoever to help fill in those gaps. I think there will just be vague mentions of Michael, K.I.T.T. & Co.'s pasts. Ultimately I think they will cop-out and not actually acknowledge Knight Rider 2000's existence, either. Of course mentioning Devon's death will be an issue, so for that reason I think they'll just probably say he died but not go into more detail about it than they have to.

I'm going to guess that the reason for this is to keep the research of the original series' mythology to a minimum, so that they can concentrate on moving forward. As for the original Trans Am, I think the most we'll actually ever see of it in this series is a photograph or computer images/blueprints. And that's whether or not Hasselhoff ends up in the Pilot, or shows up later if there is a series. Perhaps we'll get lucky and see some archival footage from the original series as well.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:58 pm

Actually I think they are gonna fill in lots of gaps. as the script builds. If you read the script review it has a vague beginning and by the last third of it Merrick from Aint it Cool News.com says It will have references that make it blatantly obivious that we are watching a sequel. The spoilers due reference Michael Knight showing up with an open ended future of the character. I think that is left that way specfically to work around David Hassselhoff's schedule with Tales from the Hoff. Keep in mind though this is all SPECULATION at the moment. No official announcement about David's involvement has been made by NBC/Universal as of yet.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:24 pm

I have a feeling when I was reading the script review from AICN.com they mentioned the last third of the script being a revival and contunuation so hopefully he returns with KITT and himself, Hasselhoff!

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:28 pm

Or at least the new Knight 3000 shapeshift into the original 82 Trans-am so we could have one last memorable run like that.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:08 pm

March2875 wrote:Or at least the new Knight 3000 shapeshift into the original 82 Trans-am so we could have one last memorable run like that.
Hm...not a bad idea. I think that would be the most creative way to get it back in there.

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:19 am

What an excellent idea kitt could change into his old body when he see's Michael?

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:24 am

From what the AICN article has stated and other sources, it's my understanding that the original KITT is not the star of the new NBCU show. I believe there is a new car "KITT" that's the predecessor to the original KITT. (Two different cars with CPU's called "KITT)

I'm going to assume since they are acknowledging that the original KITT (Knight Industries Two Thousand) vanished with Michael Knight, which means the new KITT (Knight Industries Three Thousand) isn't going to be the same KITT we're expecting (may even have a new voice) and having him shift into the original 82 Trans Am just wouldn't make any sense in the storyline.

This new "KITT" wouldn't know Michael like the older KITT would because it was never in a position to experience a friendship with Michael in the past, only the original "KITT" would recognize the need for it.

Unless of course they are implying that for some reason KITT's original CPU was removed from the older car and placed in a newer one but then that would defeat the purpose of explaining why Michael and the original KITT vanished in the first place.

I'm sure Shapeshifer can shed more light on this confusion.

=VK=

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:45 am

March2875 wrote:Or at least the new Knight 3000 shapeshift into the original 82 Trans-am so we could have one last memorable run like that.
That would be cool to see the '82 in the new episode. I have been wondering if NBC will have KITT "shapeshift" like the Defender did. The Viper morphed into the Defender, and the Defender had a holographic projector that popped out of the back of the car that could cover the car body in a hologram (one episode had it disguised as a Chrysler sedan). The projector could also project a car going the other way, one or multiple people (to confuse a sharp shooter)

I would think NBC would go more that route than the TKR combo car - parts that materialize out of nowhere (since it seemed not many people liked that since it wasn't feaisble).

krfan1

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:38 pm

Please, lets put the viper down....different show- good car...diff show..ditto for TKR- a joke...! a babe in a stang...toting a gun & a few extra folks as cast members- ala Viper

she was/ is cute tho....Hmmmmm
" Silence....we have an intruder... "

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:01 am

I was commenting on the shape shifting that everyone was talking about. Everyone seemed to be thinking it would be a la Transformers. I was merely mentioning another aspect of "shape shifting."

krfan1

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:05 pm

I agree from what it sounds like that the shapeshifting will be more Viper-style. But Viper flopped on NBC after one season. Let's hope the new Knight Rider series will last much longer and have some personality and charm.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:06 pm

The whole shapeshifting thing is very unlikely for KR. KITT was and must stay as a car in total, maybe camaflouge of some sort but he always remained a car, except for SPM.

I can't wait for the new series and I saw on a website that a fellow member has, stating that a credible source has dated the new series to air in Feburary 2008, that is right around the corner.

Radicalas
Operative

Post by Radicalas » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:37 am

jjsocrazy wrote:I can't wait for the new series and I saw on a website that a fellow member has, stating that a credible source has dated the new series to air in Feburary 2008, that is right around the corner.
Shapeshifter stated that the series could be aired in February, you can read it:
Shapeshifter wrote:The chances are good that the NBC project will move forward and air in February. The script is done, casting is proceeding, etc.

The movie may be a bit more problematic due to the writer's strike, as no rewrites will be possible until it's resolved. Victor can probably shed some light on this.
It's posted here: http://www.knightrideronline.com/phpbb/ ... highlight=

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:43 am

Radicalas wrote:
jjsocrazy wrote:I can't wait for the new series and I saw on a website that a fellow member has, stating that a credible source has dated the new series to air in Feburary 2008, that is right around the corner.
Shapeshifter stated that the series could be aired in February, you can read it:
Shapeshifter wrote:The chances are good that the NBC project will move forward and air in February. The script is done, casting is proceeding, etc.

The movie may be a bit more problematic due to the writer's strike, as no rewrites will be possible until it's resolved. Victor can probably shed some light on this.
Thanks! I also read that too but forgot where it was, can't wait for it!

It's posted here: http://www.knightrideronline.com/phpbb/ ... highlight=

JimmyPSHayes
Operative

Post by JimmyPSHayes » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:34 pm

I'm thinking that they'll brush on it in the TV movie, and then reveal more when the series gets picked up.
-I can't decide if I'm going to throw a big party when the movie airs, or just watch it quietly and geek out :)