Few details about the Knight Rider feature film.

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Few details about the Knight Rider feature film.

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:05 pm

The Knight Rider feature film Glen is working on getting to the screen will feature Turbo Boost, a new (more impressive/realistic) version of SPM, and Michael and KITT's buddy-cop "one up" relationship in tact.

The car will be shiny black, have a red oscallating scanner light in the front, and will be in the same design spirit of the original Trans Am.

Last but not least the iconic "driving through the purple sky desert shot" with Wilton's voice over narraration.

After months of exhausting work, countless revisions, and high tension discussions regarding story elements, the script is finally finished. Let's just hope the majority of the script Glen has written will remain in tact when the film is put into production. If it is kept fairly in tact, you will all be in for a real treat and a motion picture I feel is truly worthy of the name "Knight Rider."

=VK=

snafu
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by snafu » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:15 pm

Not being familiar with the film business, who makes the call on which portions of the script stay and which don't get put in the movie?
Heaven, where all QC only has to be run once.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:18 pm

Mostly the director (and his crew) or some of the higher up studio execs. It's really a matter of how much creative control you can maintain, especially if there is a rewriting process.

=VK=
Last edited by Victor Kros on Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:09 am

everything i have been reading indicates the movie will be out in 2008, is this an accurate date, because now that the script is done dont they still have to get the car and modify it to look like kitt, and they still have to find a cast and crew. so when do you estimate that the movie will go into production? will it get to the theatres by 2008 or will it be more likely 2009?

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:29 am

At the rate things are going, it could be early 2009. Depends on how quickly they can get a cast/crew together, locations picked out, sets/cars/props designed and built, and finally a shooting script they're satisfied with. Principle photography doesn't take as long as post production.

Currently the release date is supposed to be set for November 2008.

If they do wind up pushing it back till 2009, I would have no doubts an aggressive marketing campaign and various publicity would keep people interested long enough to endure the wait.

=VK=

d_osborn
Operative

Post by d_osborn » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:43 am

VC- Without giving away details, how did Larson handle the exact make and model of KITT in the script? Did he have a particular car in mind, much like in his pilot script? Did he leave it open for product placement? Did he specify a fully custom, one-off vehicle for KITT, like KR2000?

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:31 am

I cannot reveal specific details of the car we want to use because said company would be approached by rival companies and the rights to the car would be stolen away. We had planned to use the 09 camaro originally but Dreamworks snagged it for Transformers first.

In the script he referred to the car originally as a camaro, now it's been changed to a Trans Am. This does not mean however it will wind up becoming one on screen, its more of a placeholder for now.

KITT will not be a camaro or any version of it. Pontiac remains consistant that they have no desire/plans to pursue making an updated Trans Am.

All I can say for certain is it will be black, have a red oscallating scanner light in the front and have the same design spirit of the original Trans Am.

I believe strongly I have found the car we should use but it will be up to Glen and the studios to decide if they will secure rights for it.

Lastly, any concept art or posters you have seen online are entirely fake. The only official concept art of car options done for the project have never been posted online.

=VK=

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:38 pm

Miami Vice movie with out Don Johnson and his partner ... I skipped the movie (without any slightest interest in ever seeing it).

CHiPs movie coming without the original john and Ponch ... skipping that too.

Knight Rider without Hasselhoff ... skipping this also.

Seems we got all kinds of new KR, but one, as kros in dicated in another thread, is a revenge tactic; the movie won't have our hero; and the animated series probably won't happen, and even if it does, might be like that crappy Teen Titans or such.

I'm a jaded fan. :(
And when things appeared to get better, they got worse, and everyday was a day to cry.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:12 pm

Victor: Will the movie end up on DVD? And if so how long after it is in theatres? Due to health problems I can't see movies in theatres so the only way would be for me to see it on DVD. And I'd love to have it on DVD to watch over and over. :)

Also, is KARR in the movie at all or even mentioned?

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:13 pm

Yes it will be on dvd like any other movie shown first in theaters. I cannot comment on K.A.R.R. other then he is not featured in the movie.

=VK=

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:45 am

Thank You Victor on keeping us up to date and I appreciate it very much. I sure hope that Glen would consider that keeping the Trans Am look would be considering using a new Vette. It is very sleek and resembles the same body lines as the Trans Am did. Hopefully Glen has acknowledged this or if this may be brought of attention to him. I am sure Chevy would not mind having a deal with you guys to do this as well as having a custom dash and all being made into the car, with everything touch-screen and very high-tech of course.

Let's keep the spirit alive and can't wait to see the film!

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:46 am

Thanks, Victor! I'm glad it'll be on DVD. It'll be something I'll want to buy. :)

Too bad KARR won't be in the movie but that's ok. I think it sounds like there's plenty in there that will please the fans. I know I'm already looking forward to it. Even if no KARR or David Hasselhoff. I just would love to see what Glen has in store for KITT. :)

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:58 pm

victor kros wrote:We had planned to use the 09 camaro originally but Dreamworks snagged it for Transformers first.
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w134 ... ITTnew.gif

I don't know, but I have to say I'm glad Transformers snagged the Camaro. Just would have looked a little too blocky for me.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:29 pm

When I first read Victor's post stating the car was going to be a Camaro, I scoffed at the idea and was also glad Transformers snagged the car away but looking at the photoshop job above, it doesn't look too bad.

I agree on the blockiness though, the car should not look "beastly".

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:16 am

I added a new blog entry to my myspace page.

=VK=

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:01 pm

Way to go VK....! STAND YOUR GROUND, SIR...

I agree with you.
" Silence....we have an intruder... "