Should the KITT car type remain a surprise?

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Should the KITT car type remain a surprise?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:46 pm

Yes
53%
No
20%
I am not sure.
No votes
Doesn't matter, I trust Glen.
27%

Total votes: 15

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:04 am

I said my piece about the pontiac issue with the KITT car, I'm not going to cover this subject anymore. Feel free to speculate away. As far as re-releasing the model kit, that's a whole other subject of whether Pontiac knows about it or if it slipped by them.

What I have told you about the movie has always been the truth as it was communicated to me and it shall remain that way.

=VK=

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:48 pm

:lol: Jup - That would be *excellent*! Hilarious! I would love to see Conan's face on that one. LOL!

Radicalas
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Radicalas » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:31 pm

Kaine wrote:hey Victor,
i don't know when in the production process of the movie the car will get chosen, though i believe that it'll be only a few weeks or month before the shooting begins... so it's still quite some time 'til then.

i don't know either if you take suggestions on what the new car could be or if that decision is one from marketing alone.

anyway, i think this acura concept is worth a closer look:
http://www.automobilemag.com/multimedia ... r_concept/

there's just something about it that reminds me of the old trans am shape, but it's also modern, has that car of the future look to it.
Hm.... Acura looks very good! 8) I see KITT in it, it's the most similar car to KITT in 00's i have ever seen. Hey, put the hood like Trans Am's and it's almost KITT. Put the opening lights, scanner, spoiler and it looks like KITT, especialy the front of the car is very similar to KITT's front. I'm 100% for this car!

That's what i have done quickly with paint (tomorrow i will do it with photoshop and paint it all black):
Last edited by Radicalas on Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:33 pm

The 1/18 scale Aoshima die-cast K.I.T.T. models also have the Pontiac logo on the hubcaps while we're at it. However, the identical Ertl versions had these logos removed on their versions in the United States. Anyway, the Pontiac logos existed on the hubcaps in the show simply because that's how they were manufactured. Even the "hero car" had the Firebird logo on its tail lights, but was covered up by the tail light blackout. My point is, these logos were not meant to be seen; you only notice them if you're looking for them.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

BlueEyedKnight75
Volunteer

Post by BlueEyedKnight75 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:05 am

You guys sure know how to get this lurker to check back all day long to see what kinds of things are being talked about concerning this movie! And have to put my two cents in on this one too...where I don't necessarily think that KITT needs to be a GM product, I've also posted on other threads that the car should be "similar" enough to the original KITT to be believable. I think that a similar style and the human element that William Daniels adds to KITT can, in effect, make a successful transition. I still agree with you, Victor, on the point that when KR aired in 1982, that the car was made to appear to be, in KARR's own words "the prototype of the car of the future." (I do, however, disagree wholeheartedly with his notion that KITT was an inferior production-line model...sorry just had to add that lol!) And come on guys, can't we all agree that the '82 Trans-Am just can't be made to look like the car of the future for 2008?

I said it in the other thread, and I'll say it here as well...we all want a new story for Knight Rider, with the same basic elements behind it. They can't produce a KR movie in 2008 with a thirty-something Hoff. It needs to be a continuation, not a remake. Trust me, normally I'm not the type of person who embraces change, but in this case, I'm really looking forward to it. I want to know what's going on with KITT, FLAG and everyone behind it in present time, not hash over what was done in the past. I also said that as long as the story has the same premise behind it and NOT some fake story thrown together and a KR emblem stuck on it, then I'll be happy with it. And from what I'm gathering, Glen is not willing to stray too far from what drew us all in to begin with.

But that's not the topic on this thread, it's whether or not the car should be revealed before the movie. I can go along with seeing the car before the movie, if they decide to show it before, or I can live with being surprised. I'm pretty flexible. So on that front, I'd have to say that to me, it doesn't matter. I trust Glen's judgment on what kind of car will make a great KITT. He didn't let us down in '82!

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:37 pm

I say no. There will be a lot of pee'd off fans out there, including me, if the car ends up looking like a bubble or something.

Reveal it straight away.

The studio would have to be VERY confident if they make it a surprise.

d_osborn
Operative

Post by d_osborn » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:21 am

in the age of cell phone cameras and production leaks, there is NO way that the car (NBC or TWC, which ever get the green light) can be kept a secret. it'll hit the net... more than likely before any sort of official press release. MANY people work on films during development and production... word will spread, blogs will be written, spy shots will be taken... it will wind up online. gotta love the age of instant gratification and knowledge.

as a fan, i've always loved that kitt can blend in with the crowd. it wasn't too exotic... a normal, albiet sleek and sporty car, with extraordinary features. 8)