I'm surprised nobody has spotted or mentioned this yet....

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Skav
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

I'm surprised nobody has spotted or mentioned this yet....

Post by Skav » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:31 pm

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... 870378.htm

Picked myself up one today after a friend of mine told me that he had seen it in the store.

Blinding little thing. Had a lot of fun with it. The car talks and the voice of KITT is surprisingly almost spot on too, I don't think it's Daniels voice but I can't make my mind up yet...guess that goes to show how close it is to the original, if it is.

It also comes with a scanner light that glides back and forth with NO blinking unlike the 1:18 scale model whose light did and it has a scanner sound effect too.

The fog lights light up when the car moves along.

There is a turbo boost feature on it that I haven't figured out to activate yet.

If anyone wants one, I recommend getting one.

I was actually surprised Argos would sell something like this, I was even more surprised that Hitari would make one.

I guess Knight Rider is making a good comeback.

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:26 pm

damn i want 1 but i got 2 problems...1 my credit card expired. 2 im broke and cant go out and get a debit mastercard lol.

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Awsome toy

Post by scottab21 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:22 pm

Hey just wanting to let you know that I have one. I am from Texas and had to order mine off of ebay, but it is really kool and a nice edition to my growing Knight Rider collection! 8)

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:33 pm

Yes it is william daniels voice. Taken Directly from the show in episode "A good day at white rock"
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:48 am

I am to this day ticked off that you can get the General Lee RC car which is the same scale and is from the same manufacturer of the KITT RC in America, but NOT KITT :x . I would sell my soul, along with my brother's to get this KITT in the US :wink: .
Michael: "You know, your as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea!"
KITT: "I want custody of ME!"

Knight Rider: The Pilot

OKC KNIGHT
Operative

Post by OKC KNIGHT » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:39 am

What are you taking about SKAV ??? :lol: EVERYONE knows that toy came out a few months ago if I remember and some Australian website dickeys or something had them for $40 each delivered AIR MAIL to the US 8)

And now that I think of it,I should have gotten more then one cause everyone that comes over to my place likes to play with it. :roll:

But boy is it big :shock: Looks exactly like my Kitt replica with 6 fogs and tinted windows,Even the tire tread matches. Hmmmmmmm,I wonder where they got the idea for that car. LOL 8)

Dave
Specializing in 1982-1992 Firebird/Trans Am Parts since 2002 and the ONLY seller of High Quality KITT Taillight blackouts

My contact Dmcman108@yahoo.com

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:02 am

Only thing wrong with it are the wheel spokes again which need to be filled in with black paint like the 1:18 scale die cast.

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:19 am

James_kr wrote:Yes it is william daniels voice. Taken Directly from the show in episode "A good day at white rock"
And I'm glad I have it. Which of course I actually bought it from you at Ebay last year...!!!! :D

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:18 pm

Does anyone know what this cost in American currency?

I have also heard it is extremly expensive to ship something overseas with the special taxes on it or something of that nature. I was wondering if I gave someone the money if they would be willing to purchase it for me and send it over to the states as a gift? i guess I would not have to pay the special taxes then...?