Peter Cullen interview about Optimus

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Peter Cullen interview about Optimus

Post by cloudkitt » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:00 pm

Peter Cullen (voice of KARR in Trust Doesn't Rust, of course), is reprising his role as Optimus Prime in the video game based on the upcomign Transformers movie. (Not sure if he's playing him in the movie too, but I would imagine so.)

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=4769
Click to watch the "Behind the Scenes: Optimus Prime" video there. I know it doesn't really have anything to do with Knight Rider, but you get to see him talk which is kinda cool. I know FuzzieDice at least will enjoy it, hahaha.

One thing though, he played Optimus in '85 and '86 and comments that he "hadn't played anything mechanical before." I was kinda hoping for a mention of KARR. But no such luck.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

snafu
FLAG Recruit

Post by snafu » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:56 am

Cool vid.
Heaven, where all QC only has to be run once.

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Re: Peter Cullen interview about Optimus

Post by Dave Knight » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:59 am

cloudkitt wrote:Peter Cullen (voice of KARR in Trust Doesn't Rust, of course), is reprising his role as Optimus Prime in the video game based on the upcomign Transformers movie. (Not sure if he's playing him in the movie too, but I would imagine so.)
yes couldkitt, Peter is playing 'ol Prime in the movie as well. but what I don't understand is the fact that Frank Welker (voice of Megatron in the game) who played Megatron in the cartoon series in the 80s as well as the 1st transformers movie (released in 1986) is NOT playing Megatron in the movie. the voice of Megatron in the movie is Hugo (agent smith from matrix trilogy) Weaving. Now i am NOT knocking Mr Weaving, as he is a good actor and has a very cool voice, but I was SO hoping that since they cast Cullen, they could have cast Welker as well.
Michael: "You know, your as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea!"
KITT: "I want custody of ME!"

Knight Rider: The Pilot

rusti_knight
Operative

Post by rusti_knight » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:10 pm

I do believe that Welker *is* in the movie, as Bonecrusher, I think.

Should be interesting when we find out!
[Rus] What makes you think you've got what it takes to tame me anyway?
[Beast] ~sly naughty grin~ Experienced handling.

--From RP
DevArt: http://rusti-knight.deviantart.com

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:46 pm

Personally I'd rather be hearing Cullen as KARR in a Knight Rider movie. But it'll have to do :D
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

AtariKnight
Operative

Re: Peter Cullen interview about Optimus

Post by AtariKnight » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:43 am

Dave Knight wrote:
cloudkitt wrote:Peter Cullen (voice of KARR in Trust Doesn't Rust, of course), is reprising his role as Optimus Prime in the video game based on the upcomign Transformers movie. (Not sure if he's playing him in the movie too, but I would imagine so.)
yes couldkitt, Peter is playing 'ol Prime in the movie as well. but what I don't understand is the fact that Frank Welker (voice of Megatron in the game) who played Megatron in the cartoon series in the 80s as well as the 1st transformers movie (released in 1986) is NOT playing Megatron in the movie. the voice of Megatron in the movie is Hugo (agent smith from matrix trilogy) Weaving. Now i am NOT knocking Mr Weaving, as he is a good actor and has a very cool voice, but I was SO hoping that since they cast Cullen, they could have cast Welker as well.
I agree

Leonard Nimoy would have been a better cast, He voiced, Megatron's new form "Galvatron" in the 1986 movie and was replaced By Frank Welker in the subsequent series.

I have to say though, That I'm not diggin' The movie's re-design......It just seems too big of a departure, From the usual gun-derived deisgns of Megatron