OOPS! (KITT vs KARR)

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

PA-KnightFan
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

OOPS! (KITT vs KARR)

Post by PA-KnightFan » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:28 am

When KARR is retrieved from the sand, and John and his girlfriend are driving away, he uses voice instruction to tell KARR "music" and KARR obliges, throwing on a tape with the song "Jump" (not the original by the Pointer Sisters, but meant to be the same song obviously). The problem is this: how does KARR, who's been in sand since late '82, have a tape with a song released in early '84?

OOPS!

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:18 am

I'm going to say since Karr now had a yellow scanner and a license plate lettered KARR,that their must have been something that we are missing between trust doesnt rust and kitt vs karr.

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:28 am

Knight Racer wrote:I'm going to say since Karr now had a yellow scanner and a license plate lettered KARR,that their must have been something that we are missing between trust doesnt rust and kitt vs karr.
Don't forget adding the Season 2(!) lower console to the list :D

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:21 am

I wonder if KARR's power was supposed to have been off since he fell down from the cliff & buried under the sand? Then started to get power again from the sunlight when John & Mandy started digging KARR out?
At first the dash is off and when KARR's scanner & interior begings to get sunlight, his scanner starts & the power-button begins to illuminate, at first the button is dim but gets stronger all the time and eventually all KARR's system are up and running again.
If the power was off for 2 years, it would make it even harder to explain how he could have '84 song on a tape, without power he couldn't even record it from the radio ;)

-KITTfan-

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:31 pm

Karr can look into the future andbefore crashing off the cliff, decided to scan the future for new entertainment and music just in case someone would could along and revive him someday. The other weird thing is, how come no one ever discovered him before that, I mean I assume lot's of people went down around where he was burried but they never managed to find him. A huge mound burried in the sand
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:00 pm

The two bufffoons-( tho obviously intoxicated,Tony & Rev ) at some point grabbed a few cassettes laying around or in /from one of many a crime spree..... one happened to be a demo piece similar to "jump" by the pointer sisters...probably a bootleg they were gonna try -n- sell....

Me. I'd love to have KARR- I'd use simple logic as a means to re route his demeanor-whereby his D.program would allow fall in-line to a more logical way of thinking....despite his self preservation mode.
" Silence....we have an intruder... "

J-Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by J-Knight » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:42 am

KARRs scanner was supposed to more have turned yellow over the years..perhaps it would happen to KITTs too if he didnt have regular maintenance and was buired under water and sand for 2 years. It wasnt supposed to have magically turned yellow, the scripers werent that dim.

We never actually see KARRs Lic plate in TDR so who's to say he didnt have it then? One screw up on the universal side of things is adding the new much smalled over head consol lol
Devon-"Shall we drink to the start of.."
Michael-"Of what?"
Devon-"One mans Dream"

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:13 am

If KITT had the flipping license plate, KARR most likely had it too and one of the flipsides had California KARR plate, another California KNIGHT and 3rd side had no license plate at all ;)

-KITTfan-

J-Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by J-Knight » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:00 pm

hehe, but we never see a KNIGHT plate on KARR in Trust doesn't rust. Do we?
Michael-"Of what?"
Devon-"One mans Dream"

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:09 pm

Technically you do once, but only because they're using stock footage when KARR's breaking into all the stores. But no, not really.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:16 pm

I stand corrected.
Last edited by msKEN on Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

J-Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by J-Knight » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:34 pm

K.I.T.T.
" Michael, that can't be Karr. We destroyed Karr two years ago!" (source Knight rider archives)
Michael-"Of what?"
Devon-"One mans Dream"

black knight2000
Operative

Post by black knight2000 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:32 am

mm funny thing about K.A.R.R is that sometimes he is all black in some of the shoots and in others he has the grey along the bottom half of him and never seems to let you go give you what ever you need then takes you for a ride and yes K.I.T.T had flip plates maybe K.A.R.R could change his colour ??
allways loved knight rider

sjsharp2005
Recruit

Re: OOPS! (KITT vs KARR)

Post by sjsharp2005 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:04 am

PA-KnightFan wrote:When KARR is retrieved from the sand, and John and his girlfriend are driving away, he uses voice instruction to tell KARR "music" and KARR obliges, throwing on a tape with the song "Jump" (not the original by the Pointer Sisters, but meant to be the same song obviously). The problem is this: how does KARR, who's been in sand since late '82, have a tape with a song released in early '84?

OOPS!
He probably had a tape player as most cars did even at that time I thinkand it was probably a tape owned by the person that found the disabled KARR
You're not considering...Oh my word you are