KITT's ability to go to auto cruise by himself

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KnightMati
Volunteer

KITT's ability to go to auto cruise by himself

Post by KnightMati » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:06 pm

Hi,

I've just finished the first season once again and I spotted a lot of new bloppers and imperfections - but one thing bothers me a lot. In Knight of the Phoenix KITT goes to auto cruise and manouvers around the semi, but later on in Sammys Stunt Show, when Michael is drugged and can't do the jump, KITT asks him to put him to auto just like KITT couldn't do that by himself. Why is that? :o

I have also noticed that KITT very often is shown in the semi with T-tops detached and Michales drives him off the semi WITHOUT t-tops - and when the camera angle changes to show KITT getting off the semi, the t-tops are there :)

And the last thing I'm not sure as for now - in Knightmares (S2) Devon says something I can't really understand, in the very last dialog part. "<something> don't you see? he's fully recovered". Could you give me a clue what's that <something>? :) Perhaps I don't know the word he's using, that's why I can't understand.

Regards!
M.

James_kr
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by James_kr » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:20 pm

Well the last bit is saying that he has recovered from the amnesia but he pretended that he hadn't so he could go on a vacation.

The first two things you said I get annoyed at too. Maybe it was to confirm KITT to do the stunt that could threaten his life when he was asleep KITT can take over to protect his life.
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Re: KITT's ability to go to auto cruise by himself

Post by KITTfan » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:12 pm

KnightMati wrote: And the last thing I'm not sure as for now - in Knightmares (S2) Devon says something I can't really understand, in the very last dialog part. "<something> don't you see? he's fully recovered". Could you give me a clue what's that <something>? :) Perhaps I don't know the word he's using, that's why I can't understand.
Quote from Knightmares script ( http://www.knightriderarchive.com/scripts/211-7.html ):
Swamp Fox! Why that conniver!
Don't you see...he's completely
recovered. He remembers everything.
He just wanted a vacation....
-KITTfan-

KnightMati
Volunteer

Post by KnightMati » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:11 am

Yes! Exactly! "Why that conniver" is what I was looking for :)

After seeing Knight Rider in detail for the second time I'm finding more and more funny scenes. Today I have noticed Michael actually _driving_ KITT, but sitting on the... right seat. Of course when the car stopped, he got out from the left side.

sjsharp2005
Recruit

Post by sjsharp2005 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:08 am

James_kr wrote:Well the last bit is saying that he has recovered from the amnesia but he pretended that he hadn't so he could go on a vacation.

The first two things you said I get annoyed at too. Maybe it was to confirm KITT to do the stunt that could threaten his life when he was asleep KITT can take over to protect his life.
Yes KITTcan control all his functions he dosen't need Micheal to do it he was just checking Micheal was alright Micheal can override KITT's control systems by pressing the manual override button if requiredbut generally though he only needed to do that a couple of times during the series when they were buried in dirt and during the Knight In Disgrace when he was working undercover to stop LaSalle when he was forced to lie to KITT I mean in the Whit eRock episode KITT raised his roof automatically anmd if Iam not mistaken he turbo boosted automatically on his own too a few times throughout the series when Micheal called him for help. Generally most of but not all of the time when Micheal was in the car he generally preffered to handle it himself via the buttons that was why KITT generallyt asked him when he was at the helm
You're not considering...Oh my word you are

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:32 am

Yes kit turbo boosted by himself quite a few times. A specific one that comes to mind in junkyard dog after kit is rebuilt and they have him run the obstacle course. He also goes into ski mode by himself. I think kitt could do everything himself except maybe power himself down.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:46 pm

I would imagine he could power himself down, I would think he couldn't power himself ON.

I think sharp's right, Michael simply preferred to man the controls when he drove, but KITT could perform all of his functions on his own. I always thought it was funny that when KITT is in auto-cruise he drives just as wrecklessly as Michael does, as though he learned from him. I always would have expected the computer to be more precise in the driving.
He also Turbo Boosts on his own in A Nice Indecent Little Town (Little Indecent?) when granny's pretending to drive.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:57 pm

cloudkitt wrote:I would imagine he could power himself down, I would think he couldn't power himself ON.
A good example of this is in A Good Knight's Work. KITT is forced to power himself down, but then has to be reactivated by some key thing that Michael was wearing around his neck.
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

sjsharp2005
Recruit

Post by sjsharp2005 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:44 am

LadyV2000 wrote:
cloudkitt wrote:I would imagine he could power himself down, I would think he couldn't power himself ON.
A good example of this is in A Good Knight's Work. KITT is forced to power himself down, but then has to be reactivated by some key thing that Michael was wearing around his neck.

You're right he couldn't turn himself back on but couldpower himself down to power up they had to type in a Key code on the panel if I remember correctly Devon eplained this to Micheal in the Pilot |Knight of the Phoeni when KITT and Micheal met for the firast time

sjsharp2005
Recruit

Post by sjsharp2005 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:01 am

I think sharp's right, Michael simply preferred to man the controls when he drove, but KITT could perform all of his functions on his own. I always thought it was funny that when KITT is in auto-cruise he drives just as wrecklessly as Michael does, as though he learned from him. I always would have expected the computer to be more precise in the driving.
He also Turbo Boosts on his own in A Nice Indecent Little Town (Little Indecent?) when granny's pretending to drive.
Actually I was thinking the episode with the amnesiac woman called Micki or something where Micheal was absailing down the cliff using KITT's winch to retrieve the womans bag for her and runs into 2 of the henchman which were proving to much for Micheal to handle himself. So said "KITT I need you" KITT then reversed for a run up then Turbo Boosted over the edge down onto the beach with Micheal to lend a hand and took one of them on. You say that but aat speed it is moer difficult to control a car than it is at 50-70 mph which they did during their cruise modes My guess they wanted the driving to reflect that. I have had plenty of accidents on my F1 and other racing games and on the Knight Rider game too. and I do tend to lose it moer the more I push it which I do when trying to catcxh someone

sjsharp2005
Recruit

Post by sjsharp2005 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:02 am

Actually I was thinking the episode with the amnesiac woman called Micki or something where Micheal was absailing down the cliff using KITT's winch to retrieve the womans bag for her and runs into 2 of the henchman which were proving to much for Micheal to handle himself. So said "KITT I need you" KITT then reversed for a run up then Turbo Boosted over the edge down onto the beach with Micheal to lend a hand and took one of them on. You say that but aat speed it is moer difficult to control a car than it is at 50-70 mph which they did during their cruise modes My guess they wanted the driving to reflect that. I have had plenty of accidents on my F1 and other racing games and on the Knight Rider game too. and I do tend to lose it moer the more I push it which I do when trying to catcxh someone

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:13 am

He did get activated by the key thing but he was also activated in a season 3 episode by the comlink.

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:29 am

I don't know but the one episode where kitts winch starts overheating while pulling michael up a hill was hillarious, I mean he has no trouble pulling cars and any other heavy stuff but once he lifts michael the winch almost breaks.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

fredrik40
Volunteer

Post by fredrik40 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:58 pm

James_kr wrote:He did get activated by the key thing but he was also activated in a season 3 episode by the comlink.
What episode was that?
K.I.T.T. in Knight Sting: "I'm not a tomato on wheels, I'm the Knight Industries Two Thousand"

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:37 pm

fredrik40 wrote:
James_kr wrote:He did get activated by the key thing but he was also activated in a season 3 episode by the comlink.
What episode was that?
Yeah, I am trying to think what episode that was too.

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:25 am

Scott Kirkessner wrote:
fredrik40 wrote:
What episode was that?
Knights of the Fast Lane. 3rd Episode of Season 3.

fredrik40
Volunteer

Post by fredrik40 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:46 am

James_kr wrote:
Scott Kirkessner wrote:
fredrik40 wrote: What episode was that?
Knights of the Fast Lane. 3rd Episode of Season 3.
Thanks!!!
K.I.T.T. in Knight Sting: "I'm not a tomato on wheels, I'm the Knight Industries Two Thousand"