StuffMagazine.com says KITT is lame

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

StuffMagazine.com says KITT is lame

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:10 pm

I don't understand this article at all but...

StuffMagazine.com has a feature about "The Best and Worst Crime-Fighting Vehicles Ever". They compare all sorts of vehicles, saying "Some fictional crime-fighters had perfect rides for getting to crime scenes on the double. Some, however, had lame-ass hoopties that came with less street cred than a bus pass. "

For cars, they said Ghostbusters' Ecto 1 was cool, and KITT was lame.

"Cool: Ecto 1 from Ghostbusters
The reason the Ghostbuster's Ecto 1 trumps all other crime fighting cars is simple: functionality. The converted ambulance helped Venkman and his paranormal-combatant cohorts navigate the congested neighborhoods of Manhattan with the street savvy of a Big Apple cab, plus its roomy hatchback design made enough room for the Busters' bulky proton packs. What this rig lacked in high-tech weaponry it made up for with its stylish paint scheme and catchy siren jingle.

Lame: K.I.T.T. from Knight Rider We're still wondering why Michael Knight never ended up breaking his foot off in K.I.T.T.'s sarcastic ass. When you're out there doing your job, putting your life on the line and fighting bad guys, the last thing you want is a car capable of spitting out countless smarmy one-liners, even if the thing boasts speeds of up to 300 mph. When you get right down to it, K.I.T.T. was nothing more than a Pontiac Trans Am voiced by Mr. Feeney from Boy Meets World. Seriously, look it up."

This same article says that Blue Thunder is cooler than Airwolf, the original Batmobile is lame, and even praises Hulk Hogan's ridiculous Thunder in Paradise boat.

They even posted an old publicity graphic of KITT from the DVDs with the scanner effect misplaced. Talk about lame.

http://www.stuffmagazine.com/articles/i ... px?id=1606

Solar
Volunteer

Post by Solar » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:05 pm

They're just jealous, because we all know KITT is better..

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:58 pm

Ecto 1 cooler than KITT? It's an old herse with a really weird sounding siren. Yeah that just screams cool. :roll:
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

snafu
FLAG Recruit

Post by snafu » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:20 pm

KITT's jokes are probably over the heads of the losers that wrote that article.
And personally, I love sarcasm out of a vehicle... :D
Heaven, where all QC only has to be run once.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:22 pm

I don't care what others say, K.I.T.T. is way cool! And he doesn't *always* act like a smart-ass. In fact, there are times when he's very concerned for Micheal (and other's) well-being. And very polite. He always struck me as a "classy" car, one that is very well mannered, and very logical (almost child-like logic sometimes, especially in the first season). K.I.T.T. provided a lot of comic relief too. They just hear the voice but what about the times K.i.T.T. drove by himself and came to the rescue? What about the sad times he had to pull through being nearly destroyed? Especially in Junkyard Dog when he depended on Michael to get him through the fear of going back to the place that ate him up alive? There was a lot of good stuff in those episodes.

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:43 pm

Like Stuff is cool!!! :lol: That mag is just a wanna be Maxim/FHM.

krfan1

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:00 am

Didn't Knight Rider come before Boy Meets World? SO really Mr. Feeney is voiced by KITT.

Functionality?! KITT had so many functions most were only used in ONE episode. And noto nly is he fast, he's freakin invincible. What are these guys talking about?
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"