The Hoff on "40 Dumbest Quotes"

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

The Hoff on "40 Dumbest Quotes"

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:04 pm

VH1 has yet another countdown show... This one is "40 Dumbest Celeb Quotes Ever". Hasselhoff came in #27 with his comments about how he was responsible for the fall of the Berlin Wall. The entire show is obviously very tongue-in-cheek, but I think they're a little unfair. My impression was that Hasselhoff wasn't exactly being serious when he made the comment. At least he came in behind Tom Cruise talking about Ritalin at #26.

In the short segment, they showed a bunch of publicity photos of Hasselhoff, including one from Knight Rider.

snafu
FLAG Recruit

Post by snafu » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:34 am

He's also in "The Lexicon of Stupidity"... a book about (what else?) stupid quotes. No comment from moi.
Heaven, where all QC only has to be run once.

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:55 am

If those comments were real, they were ill-judged. (I don't believe they were, they have the smell of the tabloid journalist about them).

However, he was a part of the whole "Fall of the Wall" celebrations, which were a significant part of modern history that nobody can take away from him. He was fortunate to have a song that worked as an anthem for freedom at the time, too!
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:41 pm

He should've been listed as #40. lol! :wink: :wink:
Anyway, VH1 really goes screwed when he's mentioned on the channel for any reason at all, and I agree with Michael Pajaro on the position of it not being far to DH at all.
There are celebs who are a lot dumber than David Hasselhoff and who shamelessly hog the spotlight more often(I won't name names here), but I wish VH1 would razz them a lot more often instead of him. :shock: :| :twisted: :? :? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ilana
Rookie

Post by ilana » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:09 am

SD_Chick wrote:He's also in "The Lexicon of Stupidity"... a book about (what else?) stupid quotes.
The author(s) of the book and the VH1 show must be #1 in the lists because they could not understand what people are talking about. David has told the whole story about the Berlin Wall quote. I have no idea why some people still make fun of it. The dumbest people who cannot read anything more serious that tabloids. :evil: :evil: :evil:

David is a very clever man and I like his quotes very much. :D

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:33 pm

I forgot to add the letter I to the word fair, so hopefully that clears up any confusion.
DH is still interesting to me, but VH1 needs to lay off him, though....