My scanner sucks!

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

skrewdriver
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

My scanner sucks!

Post by skrewdriver » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:55 pm

Im new to this forum and actually this is my first post.
But anyway, I have a the red scanner mounted in my truck grill but I don't like it at all. The one I have is like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Michael-Knight-nigh ... dZViewItem

The way the lights move sucks! When they go back and forth, they dont have that light tail and also the lights on mine move very slow.

So my question is this: Where can I get a scanner which acts like the one from Kitt? (preferably a place in the USA, but If you n=know any place at all LMK.
Thanks
All

skrewdriver
Volunteer

Post by skrewdriver » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:33 pm

well now, I started looking aroung this siteand found out that JC Whitney sells what I need.
None the less does anyone know of anyother place?

skrewdriver
Volunteer

Post by skrewdriver » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:07 am

Here s a link toi the JC Whitney one: http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Item ... 0000219586
But read the review. Accoding to the rguy, the lghts suck!

BoMcD
Operative

Post by BoMcD » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:45 am

http://www.knight-f2k4.com

is the gold standard in the conversion community... :D

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit

scanners

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:42 am

Knightrider U.K. ya may want to try...they are a cross the great pond-(Atlantic Ocean ) in Mery -ole-England ....birth place of Devon Miles-
portrayed by the late Edward Mulhare-r.i.p.......

and Marks Kustom parts as well...
on another note...anyone remember the so-so portrayal of Col. Nick Fury-Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. done by the Hoff.....? VISUALLY CLOSE but beyond that-let's overdub....
" Silence....we have an intruder... "

skrewdriver
Volunteer

Post by skrewdriver » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:28 pm

:shock: WOW! Thats some CrAzY money. I don't really have like a couple hundred $$$ for that.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:02 pm

If you knew electronics, you could probably hack the JC Whitney one so that it would fade out the last light as it's showing the next one. Also put it behind a clear/smoke panel so that the lights trail. I heard that someone had used fine sandpaper over a lightly smoked plexiglass so it's not streaked but foggy (sand in one direction, say left to right, not up/down) and it kinda enhanced the trailing effect. But I didn't ever have a scanner or stuff to try that on.

You could try clear plexi from the local home depot and then find some window glass paint to paint on one side so it's transluscent smoke color, then sandpaper the other side and put it in somehow so it is in front of the scanner lense about a couple 8ths of an inch or something.

Just some ideas. I haven't tried these so I don't know how well (or if) they'd work.