More "Identify the Episode" Pictures!

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

More "Identify the Episode" Pictures!

Post by Joe Huth » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:25 pm

Here's some more promo shots that I'd like to know which episode they belong to:

Thanks!
Joe

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:42 am

I love this game! :)

1. I got that shot with a batch that were taken onset of Trust Doesn't Rust (behind the scenes for a magazine feature). Some of the others are available for download over at the Archive.

2. One of the few that I've never been able to positively identify. It'd help if we were able to identify the director on the back of the tow-truck... I know it's not Harvey Laidman or Bob Bralver, so there's a start.

3. Trust Doesn't Rust (behind the scenes batch again, although for a different magazine)

4. "Knights of the Fast Lane".

5. "The Ice Bandits".
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:42 am

I had a feeling you'd reply on these, Paul :)

Here's some more!

I'm guessing these first two are Trust Doesnt Rust again?

I'll be VERY impressed if you can figure out #3 and 4!!

Thanks,
Joe

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:14 am

Hi Joe!

Yes, you know me too well...

1 & 2 were indeed part of the behind-the-scenes shots taken on-set on "Trust Doesn't Rust" (also, that famous, rare shot of Hasselhoff posing with the rubber shell was part of that).

3. Judging by the upturned collar, it looks like a Season 4 shot, and could be a part of the shoot with the semi nearby, but I can't be 100% sure on that, for obvious reasons!

4. The hair looks to me to place it in the 1983 portion of Season 2. I notice he's also wearing the crew baseball cap, so it is likely to be an on-set picture. He wore a denim jacket in Custom K.I.T.T., so it could be that one. Of course, David could also be off-duty in this one, making it more difficult.

5. David and George Barris between shots. I know that Barris visited the filming of The Nineteenth Hole (there is a posed shot of the two of them with a K.I.T.T. car on the set -- check out the page for Nineteenth Hole at the Archive) but he probably visited more than once. The buildings in the background look like the ITZ offices from "Circus Knights", but the clothes don't match.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:25 am

Thanks for your input Paul! I just started watching season 3 again, so I'll keep an eye out for Hasselhoff in a black shirt and that building (the last shot).

That's all the pictures for now! My collection is close to actually being organized!

Joe

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:40 am

An interesting note: Barris is wearing the same clothes as in the posed Nineteenth Hole shot. Now, it's possible they were taken on the same day, but it could be possible that Barris wore his Kustom Kars jacket and jeans combo whenever he visited a set :)

In Season 3, Hasselhoff didn't wear the black shirt that often. Knight in Disgrace (black shirt, black pants), Dead of Knight (black shirt, white jeans), Knight and Knerd (black shirt, black pants), and Knight Strike (black shirt, black pants).

As far as the building, it all depends if it was meant to feature in the show. If not, it doesn't help as an identifier. A good example of this came in the thread about the camera crew in Soul Survivor. Behind the camera crew you can see buildings, but in the episode those scenes took place in wilderness. The magic of moviemaking!
- Paul

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:58 am

An interesting note: Barris is wearing the same clothes as in the posed Nineteenth Hole shot. Now, it's possible they were taken on the same day, but it could be possible that Barris wore his Kustom Kars jacket and jeans combo whenever he visited a set :)

In Season 3, Hasselhoff wears the black shirt in: Knight of the Drones (with gray pants), The Ice Bandits (with gray pants), Knights of the Fast Lane (with gray pants), K.I.T.T. Vs. K.A.R.R. (with black pants), The Rotten Apples (with gray pants), Knight in Disgrace (black pants), Dead of Knight (white jeans), Knight and Knerd (black pants), and Knight Strike (black pants).

As far as the building, it all depends if it was meant to feature in the show. If not, it doesn't help as an identifier. A good example of this came in the thread about the camera crew in Soul Survivor. Behind the camera crew you can see buildings, but in the episode those scenes took place in wilderness. The magic of moviemaking!
- Paul

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:53 am

Hey Paul,

That "Nineteenth Hole" shot was given to me by Barris for the book back in 2002 (I have a much bigger version of it if you need it).

As far as identifying the other Barris shot - looks like Hasselhoff is wearing black pants, so that would limit it to K.I.T.T. Vs. K.A.R.R., Knight in Disgrace, Knight and Knerd, or Knight Strike. This could also possibly be a second season shot (look at Hasselhoff's hair).

And you're right about the building - it's possible they were just pulled over there and the building isn't even featured in the show.

Joe

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:56 am

Just noticed this - does Hasselhoff wear black on black in "Merchants of Death"? Doesn't this look like Camela Clarmont?

Joe

kitt.pl
Recruit

Post by kitt.pl » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:17 am

Maybe BLIND SPOT

the policeman on motorcycle looks lika from BLIND SPOT

sorry for my english guys :(

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:49 am

Very good eye, Joe!

Indeed, it does look like Deborah Allison, who played Camela. The location would also fit with the car scenes. The guy sat next to Camela looks like the mysterious re-occuring man, who played the undercover cop in Brother's Keeper and the security guard in White Bird.
- Paul

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:53 am

I think we may have identified it! I'll just have to double check to make sure Hasselhoff wore black on black in that episode. An yes, I agree about the mysterious man in the driver's seat (I ran across his name at one point, but it escapes me right now...)

Joe

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:07 am

Hasselhoff did wear black in that show -- his outfit matches up. He also wore a gray jacket over the black shirt, and the scenery matches the driving scenes. I'm pretty sure it's that one, and you're right -- the haircut is right for Season 2.

The Mysterious Man -- his participation in the car would lead me to believe it's Bruce Humphrey, the 2nd AD. He also appears in the bloopers reels sat in the driver's seat.
- Paul

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:03 pm

The one with the baseball cap on Michael - it was Blind Spot. It was about the ONLY time he wore such a cap on the show and it was because that was to identify him as the pickup for the information, which obviously went wrong and the blind girl's boyfriend got shot instead.

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:31 am

The baseball cap Hasselhoff is wearing in the picture above is a Knight Rider crew cap, which is black. In the episodes Blind Spot and Let It Be Me, Hasselhoff wears the LA Dodgers baseball cap, which is blue... so it can't be from Blind Spot.

The problem is, a lot of the behind the scenes photos which Joe and I have been trying to identify feature the actors when they're "off-duty", ie. between takes, before they go to wardrobe and make-up, and so on. Look at the one of Hasselhoff, Mulhare and Patricia McPherson on the set of Trust Doesn't Rust -- she doesn't wear a shirt like that in any episode!
- Paul

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:56 pm

Got me on that one, Paul. :oops: :lol: Good catch. I forgot about Let It Be Me as I haven't seen that one in awhile.