From KR and Baywatch to Drag Queen (Seriously)

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

March2875
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

From KR and Baywatch to Drag Queen (Seriously)

Post by March2875 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:02 pm

David Hasselhoff has signed on to play flamboyant musical comedy director Roger DeBris in the Las Vegas premiere of Mel Brooks' The Producers. David will don William Ivey Long's delicious drag costumes, including a spangled gown that makes Roger look like the Chrysler Building — was announced Nov. 2 by composer-lyricist and co-librettist Mel Brooks and Paris Las Vegas, the resort where the musical will begin performances Jan. 31, 2007.

Read the complete story here

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/103204.html

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:23 pm

It wouldn't be the first time though. David dressed in drag on an episode of the shot-lived Baywatch Nights. I remember in an interview he joked that that episode is what got the show cancelled. :lol:
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:41 pm

I don't remember that one and I thought I saw every episode of Baywatch Nights.

These stage productions are what David loves doing the most. I remember reading in an interview prior to Jekyl and Hyde that his acting and singing careers were stepping stones for him to make it on Broadway. Hopfully this will be another successful play for him.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:24 pm

i think it's genuinely hilarious that the goofy director of movies and stage, namely Mel Brooks, would get D. Hasselhoff to get "wigged out" again!
Mel Brooks is the perfect person to get the Hoff in "wigged out" fashion again, and I hope the show will be much more enjoyable for DH to do in drag, as it were, than his first go-around in that department on "Baywatch Nights", and hopefully he won't get razzed by himself and his mom again.
I wish DH luck in the Las Vegas version of "The Producers" in all fairness.