KR segment ends on first view -- you are in disbelief!

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Making_Waves_of_my_Own

KR segment ends on first view -- you are in disbelief!

Post by Making_Waves_of_my_Own » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:12 pm

Hello! With all the interesting episode discussions, how about sharing an episode where you are watching it for the very first time. The segment ends (right before the commercial break) and you are staring at the screen in utter disbelief about how they are going to get out of this jam when the series of commercials end. What episodes describe this genuine reaction by you?

For me, it happened to me during two principal episodes:

1) Knight of the Juggernaut -- when KITT is all smashed, and Michael is unconscious against the window -- the segment ends and you are staring at the screen, mouth wide open, thinking "The unthinkable just happened to KITT?! oh no!" First time viewer reactions only!

2) when Michael is in front of the firing squad, then falls down when all the guns go off -- I had a big lump in my throat as the segment ends, thinking that they just killed off our hero. :shock:

Paul

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Joe Huth » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:33 pm

I remember having that feeling the first time I saw "Knight in Disgrace" many years ago when I was about 13 years old. LaSalle says to Michael that he wants him to steal something very valuable - and then he turns on his monitor to show KITT. Cue Michael's reaction and cut to commercial....loved it!

Joe

Daemonicus666
Operative

Post by Daemonicus666 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:21 pm

I remember when I was a kid I was upset in KILLER KITT when KITT was reprogrammed to kill Michael. I was like all :shock: but by the end I was all happy again when KITT became himself :)
"I have special effects of my own. Im going to make you disappear for 20 years man..." - Michael Knight (Halloween Knight)

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:38 pm

Every time KITT or Michael got seriously damaged but I think the biggest disbelief for me were for KITT was Junk Yard Dog when the show went for commercial brake after KITT just sunk to the acidpool.
For Michael I think it's Scent of Roses, the episode was aired here as the last episode of the show in 1986 and the bad guys just shot him and I thought this is why it was the final episode. Didn't know it wasn't really the last episode back then.

-KITTfan-

AusKnight2K
Operative

Post by AusKnight2K » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:09 am

KITTfan wrote:Every time KITT or Michael got seriously damaged but I think the biggest disbelief for me were for KITT was Junk Yard Dog when the show went for commercial brake after KITT just sunk to the acidpool.
For Michael I think it's Scent of Roses, the episode was aired here as the last episode of the show in 1986 and the bad guys just shot him and I thought this is why it was the final episode. Didn't know it wasn't really the last episode back then.
-KITTfan-
Yep, JYD for me too, I was very much :shock: but was very moved when KITT was rebuilt, as I mentioned here http://www.knightrideronline.com/phpbb/ ... php?t=9503

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:29 pm

For me, it was Goliath Returns, when KITT flew off the cliff and went spinning round!

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:45 pm

I think in Goliath, when Kitt got hit and was just laying there on his side. You wonder... is he going to be ok?

Or the times where Michael is getting shot at, you wonder... did he get hit?

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:54 pm

Knight2000 wrote:For me, it was Goliath Returns, when KITT flew off the cliff and went spinning round!
Same here. :D

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:19 pm

When I first saw KITT sink into the pit of corrosive acid, I was really worried about KITT, and how things were going to turn out in that story.
Also, I was surprised to see KITT all banged up after Goliath knocked him for a loop, and wondered how Michael and KITT were going to get out of that situation.