knight rider 2008? anyone seen this pic

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

pdennis93
FLAG Recruit

knight rider 2008? anyone seen this pic

Post by pdennis93 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:17 pm

someone sent me the pic and said that will be the car for the movie in 2008, i wonder if theres any truth to it

http://www.myconfinedspace.com/watermar ... der-08.jpg
the car is a Koenigsegg CCX

Zeron Hitaro
Volunteer

Post by Zeron Hitaro » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:40 am

Ugh, I hope that was a photoshop trick. That's even uglier than the KR 2000 movie replacement for KITT. Seriously, what's wrong with his original body? I think it's better looking than any other car on the market. :roll: I'll take my cars without odd shaped lumps in the middle and edges please.

Nismogtr21
Recruit

Post by Nismogtr21 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:08 am

If only you had a clue about what kind of aerodynamics a car needs at 200+ mph.

Daemonicus666
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Daemonicus666 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:35 am

It has been posted on the boards recently, however I have tred to find out if this is a fake and apparently its not
"I have special effects of my own. Im going to make you disappear for 20 years man..." - Michael Knight (Halloween Knight)

89IROCNDoug
Operative

Post by 89IROCNDoug » Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:30 am

Daemonicus666 wrote:It has been posted on the boards recently, however I have tred to find out if this is a fake and apparently its not
What in the world makes you think its not a fake?!

It looks like an obvious fake to me as the picture is the same exact picture from Koenigsegg's website with some small photoshop changes:
http://www.koenigsegg.com/thecars/ccx.asp?submenu=10

The scanner on the front is very fake looking too. (just photoshopped)

Also, if they used an expensive exotic like that, they would have to use computer graphics for all the stunts or somehow build some fake stunt cars that look like the real one - either case wouldn't work very well in my opinion.

IT'S FAKE UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE!!!
One man did make a difference.

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:43 am

100.100% FAKE (lol)

Someone demonstrated how easy it is to fake it. Its obiously not an official release.
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:34 am

It's fake. It's been discussed before but popular opinion is that it's fan made.

Andela
Recruit

Post by Andela » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:33 am

It is fake but it looks damn good to me =) It is always the fans who makes the best graphics. If universal would let Numela or someone design the dvd´s. Just a dream.

Zeron Hitaro
Volunteer

Post by Zeron Hitaro » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:01 pm

Nismogtr21 wrote:If only you had a clue about what kind of aerodynamics a car needs at 200+ mph.
Did I say I wanted it to go 200+ MPH? No. I simply stated my taste in aesthetics. It's a fictional movie: Who cares if the physics are impossible?

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:47 pm

Although "you can't prove a negative", common sense should explain why this is fake:

Movies need publicity. They need buzz. So if an official movie poster had been released, why isn't there ANY mention of Knight Rider on the production company's website? Why haven't we seen any news about casting, filming, or any other concrete facts about production? And think about it... when the first images ARE released, do you really think they're going to show us the entire car? Chance are they'll just release a teaser image of a scanner or a Knight logo.

Nothing in this image coincides with the way 99% of movies are promoted.

knight rider uk
Rookie
Location: somewhere over the rainbow way up high theres the one that i dream of once in a lulleby.

Post by knight rider uk » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:51 pm

nice poster, its currentley my new back ground picture on this computer,wonder what the real one will look liek when it comes out- or how about one with the real kitt! :lol:
I knew when i first saw you, how could i not adore you,you kissed away my tears and washed away my pain-and now the sun is riseing

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:06 pm

Very fast car indeed.. Top Gear did a piece on it last season and it looks great!

Although, probably not suitable for a knight foundation car.. who knows the direction the company has gone since the earlier days..

Ad's

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:04 pm

Daemonicus666
Operative

Post by Daemonicus666 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:14 am

[quote="89IROCNDoug"]
What in the world makes you think its not a fake?!
[quote]

I never said it wasnt a fake, all I said was I tried to find out if it was fake and I couldnt find anything online to say it was
"I have special effects of my own. Im going to make you disappear for 20 years man..." - Michael Knight (Halloween Knight)

89IROCNDoug
Operative

Post by 89IROCNDoug » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:45 am

OK, thanks for the explanation. :wink:

It just bugs me that some people think its the real deal. I can't wait to see what the next KITT car will be!!!

I hope it will make most if not all Knight Rider fans like us happy! 8)
One man did make a difference.

Nismogtr21
Recruit

Post by Nismogtr21 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:19 am

Zeron Hitaro wrote:
Nismogtr21 wrote:If only you had a clue about what kind of aerodynamics a car needs at 200+ mph.
Did I say I wanted it to go 200+ MPH? No. I simply stated my taste in aesthetics. It's a fictional movie: Who cares if the physics are impossible?
I'm not talking about the movie, genius. You questioned why this car, the CCX, and new exotic cars in general have "bumps and lumps", and that's what I was referring to.

"I'll take my cars without odd shaped lumps in the middle and edges please."

My point was, that the reason the CCX looks the way it does is because it can do 240+ mph, in REAL LIFE, not some fake tv show, hence the slippery design. It was made for a purpose. If you want KITT to look like a Mack truck, more power to you.

reverber
Rookie

Post by reverber » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:23 pm

Nismogtr21 wrote:
Zeron Hitaro wrote:
I'm not talking about the movie, genius. You questioned why this car, the CCX, and new exotic cars in general have "bumps and lumps", and that's what I was referring to.

"I'll take my cars without odd shaped lumps in the middle and edges please."

My point was, that the reason the CCX looks the way it does is because it can do 240+ mph, in REAL LIFE, not some fake tv show, hence the slippery design. It was made for a purpose. If you want KITT to look like a Mack truck, more power to you.

Please Read this it was a disscussin on here a while back, follow the links and consider yourself educated.

Kinda puts your 240+ in the shade :p

black knight2000
Operative

Post by black knight2000 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:10 am

think it is a fake wait and see
allways loved knight rider

OST

Post by OST » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:34 am

Not suitable for a knight car 8)

AusKnight2K
Operative

Post by AusKnight2K » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:12 am

There a 4th Gen for sale on eBay ... it looks like the front nose has been blended into the guards and no door handles ... nice!

You would skewer anything you hit with that front nose :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0044567551