Updated KITT and KARR for NFS High Stakes

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

rotorious13b
Volunteer

Updated KITT and KARR for NFS High Stakes

Post by rotorious13b » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:21 pm

I know the game is old, but it's the closest thing to a "good" KR game that I have.
Anyway, I have come up with, what I think are the best representations of KITT and KARR out there for this game. I just need someone to tell me how to attach pics in the post.
Now, the cars are not perfect, as I'm constantly tweaking things,but as far as the lines of the car, the handling, and the overall feel and look of the interior, I think they capture the"essence"(if that makes any sense) of KITT and KARR better than any others I've seen.

Thanks in advance for the help.

lordvader
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

RE: NFS 4 KITT & KARR

Post by lordvader » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:38 pm

NFS 4 High Stakes is my favorite of the NFS Series that I have played, though Most Wanted is pretty good. The best KITT and KARR for NFS 4 that I have seen/used is by a guy named dodgeboy. I think they can be found on nfscars.net

To show pics in your post you will first need to have them hosted. Then use [img]and[/img] around the link of each picture. Hope this helps.

PS: Do you plan on uploading these cars to any NFS site?
"I have no eggs. Perhaps you could direct me to a chicken." - KARR

rotorious13b
Volunteer

Post by rotorious13b » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:47 pm

Thanks, I'll try that. Yeah, my cars are actually based on ones made by someone named M. Ruprai. I got them a few years ago off of NFSCARS I believe. Dodgeboy's may be based on the same ones. I'll check. I do plan on uploading them to an NFS site, but I can upload theme here too if you like them.
Here are pics of KITT/KARR and KARR's Dash. The dash is an updated version of Knightracer's dash. I resized it and added the buttons and meters below the screens, as well as brightened up the buttons just behind the steering wheel. I'll post up the season 4 cars ASAP.

rotorious13b
Volunteer

Post by rotorious13b » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:48 pm

Here are the season 4 cars: SPM and Convertible. The SPM version has a "working" EBS "flap" on the roof, and the handling of the cars (especially the SPM) is incredible. Very easy to drive fast, and because I gave the cars LOTS of mass with the CARP editor, they can crash right through road blocks, and the cops cannot ram them off the road. In fact, the only vehicle on the game with more mass is the Goliath I made ;)

lordvader
Rookie

Post by lordvader » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:52 pm

Overall nice job. The model itself is particulary good. The only thing that seems off to me is the size of the wheels. They seem a bit large in proportion the body. Maybe it's just the pics. I'd have to see the models in-game to really judge them correctly.

On a side note, does the scanner light up? I know it's pretty much impossible to get it exact, but I've seen others that are pretty close. Also, do the headlights flip up when on?

rotorious13b
Volunteer

Post by rotorious13b » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:05 pm

lordvader wrote:Overall nice job. The model itself is particulary good. The only thing that seems off to me is the size of the wheels. They seem a bit large in proportion the body. Maybe it's just the pics. On a side note, does the scanner light up? I know it's pretty much impossible to get it exact, but I've seen others that are pretty close. Also, do the headlights flip up when on?
Thanks. As for the wheels, I think its is just the pics, because they were actually the first changes I made to the original model. I made them a good bit smaller and narrower than they were to start with, because I thought they were too big as well. The scanner does light up, and is lit in the pictures, I guess the angles of the pics don't pick it up. My pursuit versions of KITT have scanners that move, and I do have a version with working flip-up lights. I made the versions without the flip lights because I like for the dash to be lit all the time, but I don't want to drive around with the lights up all the time, ya know?
Last edited by rotorious13b on Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:06 pm

those cars are awesome...if you plan on sharing them with fans like us who actually liked the original series or just KITT or KARR themselves then please upload them here at http://www.nfsg.net or here http://www.nfscars.net

rotorious13b
Volunteer

Post by rotorious13b » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:17 pm

ReddawgKnight wrote:those cars are awesome...if you plan on sharing them with fans like us who actually liked the original series or just KITT or KARR themselves then please upload them here at http://www.nfsg.net or here http://www.nfscars.net
Thanks a lot. I'd love to share but I have no idea how to upload the cars to the sites, or onto this forum. Do you know how?

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:55 pm

you would have to go to 1 of those sites to figure out how to upload...sorry i cant be anymore help. :lol:

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:41 pm

I appreciate being mentioned in this thread.Any chance we can get any of these cars converted to san andreas?

cars1106
Volunteer

Post by cars1106 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:11 am

do you have any blueprints you used to make your car???

BTW very nice job

I will host the files for you if you need me to on my site

contact me on AIM: kittandkarrfan or MSN: cars1106@msn.com
Ceasar

rotorious13b
Volunteer

Post by rotorious13b » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:12 am

Knight Racer wrote:I appreciate being mentioned in this thread.Any chance we can get any of these cars converted to san andreas?
No problem on the mention. Thanks for your work on the dash. As for the San Andreas conversion, I have no problem with someone using the designs, but I don't know how to convert them.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:21 am

Can anyone get this car converted?I wish I had the skills.

rotorious13b
Volunteer

Post by rotorious13b » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:48 pm

lordvader wrote:...The only thing that seems off to me is the size of the wheels. They seem a bit large in proportion the body.
After taking a closer look at the cars, I realized that you were right, and the wheels were a little too big. Here are pics with the resized wheels. It's a subtle change, but every little bit helps.

lordvader
Rookie

Post by lordvader » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:43 pm

Hey, that looks better.

When do you think these will be online? How about a conversion to GTA 3? I know it's old, but it's the only GTA game that I have and I still play it often.

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:24 pm

I would really like to help out with the conversions to the GTA games,but sadly i seriously lack the skill to actually do so...ask Knight Racer, every time i ask 1 of my supposed friends to help me get a Knight Rider inspired car like KITT or KARR for example into GTA San Andreas,Vice City or 3,i get totally ignored or sh!ted on. :cry:

I guess i can refer you to http://www.ascendence.net to possibly get them converted over...but dont get your hopes up to high on the plan actually falling through though,yeah sure they specialize mainly in converting moderate to high quality cars to mainly San Andreas,but it seems like us few Knight Rider fans always seem to get ignored like were a bunch of kids or something. :cry:

rotorious13b
Volunteer

Post by rotorious13b » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:29 pm

lordvader wrote:When do you think these will be online?
Here is Season 3/4 KITT, let me know if this works and what you think. I'm doing a few little things to the other versions, and I'll upload them later.
http://www.filefactory.com/file/93d2ed/

cars1106
Volunteer

Post by cars1106 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:24 pm

ok you can send the files to me and I will put them on my server

I can convert the cars to vice and maby gta3, I can't figure out how to convert to GTA SA my zmod always spazzes when i try to export it

Also I think you can make it so that kitt changes to SPM while driving, I think you can make it so that when kitt reaches a certain speed he goes into spm, I have seen it in a few NFS cars where the cars spoiler or other parts are animated once they reach a certain speed so maby you can do that

Contact me using MSN: cars1106@msn.com or AIM: kittandkarrfan
email: cars1106@msn.com
Ceasar