What Season Is This Promo Shot From?

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by knightdriver » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:42 pm

Joe Huth wrote:Ahh okay...I was going to comment on that...you had me confused there for a bit.

Okay, let's go crazy...here's more...

Season 1?? -

Season 2?? -

Season 2??? -

Season 3? -

Season 2? -

Seasons 1-3??? -
Well,

the last two in this set, the second to last is definitly season 2

The bottom one, although I am not sure on the season, I know
were it was taken. That is the Universal lot. The house in the
background is located right next to the Munsters house. Both
homes are currently refinished and used on the Desperate Housewives
series. The munsters house is now light blue and white! Which was
repainted in the later 80's for use on the show Sliders and so on.
so I am guessing that picture is a season 3/4 on that one.
Brian - Knightdriver.com

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:18 am

1. Season 1

2. Season 2

3. Season 2 (I believe, on the set of "White-Line Warriors")

4. A good example of what I was talking about before; Hasselhoff is wearing clothes that he wears in some late Season 3 episodes. I have an original NBC promotional slide of this shot, and it bears the date and production number of the episode from which it came. Believe it or not, that photo shoot took place during the filming of "Dead of Knight", mid-Season 3. (A reason why I pointed out earlier that sometimes it's not wise to judge photo-shoots by haircut or clothing, since hair and wardrobe are provided separately).

5. Season 2, from a shoot on the set of "Diamonds Aren't a Girl's Best Friend".

6. From a batch of K.I.T.T. promo shots that began to appear during Season 2 (some appear in the 1984 Knight Rider Annual).
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:44 pm

Never seen this one before tonight....just spotted it on Ebay....which 2nd season episode is this from????

Joe

P.S. Thanks for all your help Paul! I knew you'd have info on these pics.

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:18 am

It looks like either "A Knight in Shining Armor" or "Diamonds Aren't a Girl's Best Friend".

That is available over at Knight Rider's mini-site at the Sleuth Channel. Their gallery is made up of 32 shots so far, and there are quite a few rare ones (a great one of the SPM K.I.T.T. in some kind of garage, and one of Hasselhoff in silhouette at night -- I think both come from the Juggernaut promo ad):

http://sleuthchannel.com/knight_rider/g ... leryanchor

Check it out!
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:02 am

Hey Paul,

Thanks for the link! There were over a dozen shots that I have never seen before! I wonder what episode that night silhouette shot of Hasselhoff was taken? Does Sleuth occassionally add new photos?

Thanks!
Joe

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:21 am

It's a great gallery! I believe that Sleuth is actually Universal-owned, so they have access to all of Universal's archives, and therefore, tons of Knight Rider photos. They said when the site was unveiled that there would be periodic updates, so hopefully the gallery will be expanded.

The two shots I mentioned before come from the "Knight of the Juggernaut" SPM teaser ad, I'm sure of that -- and probably filmed during the making of "Juggernaut". If you look at the back-lit shot of Hasselhoff (in silhouette), you can see the dolly tracks running into the distance, a set-up for a tracking shot. It looks like they were preparing for that shot of Hasselhoff walking in silhouette from that ad, and that was reused later in the teaser for Knight Rider 2000.
- Paul

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:58 am

Thanks for that great link! So many pics from there which I have never seen before! I love the pic of KITT all covered up with Michael beside it... Its picture number 27..

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:03 am

That one comes from a specially-filmed advertisement promoting "Knight of the Drones" and the premium K.I.T.T. phone line. There are several poses from that shoot, some appearing in TV Guide ads from the time.
- Paul