kitt whirring turbine noise

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kumbo
Stranger

kitt whirring turbine noise

Post by kumbo » Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:46 pm

when kitt does a drive by or when he is idling you can hear that high pitched whine or whirring sound, how is that created?

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by ReddawgKnight » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:59 pm

jet engine sound effects

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:18 pm

You can here it in other Series and Movies. Airwolf, Battlestar Galactica and the Movie about Apache Helicopters with Nicolas Cage. Funny in that movie is that they have given Cage the Codname Knight Rider :D The Helicopter that this Sound have was an Skorpion Helicopter I remeber. It was like KITT was a Helicopter :lol:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:24 pm

Josch Schulz wrote:You can here it in other Series and Movies. Airwolf, Battlestar Galactica and the Movie about Apache Helicopters with Nicolas Cage. Funny in that movie is that they have given Cage the Codname Knight Rider :D The Helicopter that this Sound have was an Skorpion Helicopter I remeber. It was like KITT was a Helicopter :lol:
You can also hear the turbine sound in the pilot episode of Quantum Leap. One of the main characters, Al, opens the series by driving down a deserted desert road in a modified Ferrari with K.I.T.T.'s exact sound effects. When he floors the pedal you can also hear the Turbo Boost sound effect.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Major Ursa
Operative

Post by Major Ursa » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:05 pm

I believ that Glen Larson (the producer) used that tubin wirr noise for many of his shows like Knight Rider, Battlestar Galatica (the 70s version), and Buck Rodgers. The scaner sound was aslo the same sound that the Cylon's eyes had for Battlestar Galatica as well.
"Oh I just went to any Pontiac dealer and asked for the Trans Am with the James Bond option package." - Micro Knutt, Knutt Rider(A Mad Magazine parody of Knight Rider)

Andela
Recruit

Post by Andela » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:24 am

Yeah, and the volcano sound in "Knight Flight to Freedom" is the same as used for Super Pursuit Mode.

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:21 pm

Jeah that was funny to the Vulcano in SPM :lol: Was the SPM Sound on Galactica to?? For the Vipers :?: