You guys need to read this!!!

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Nismogtr21
Recruit

Re: Yeah

Post by Nismogtr21 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:24 am

nbcviper wrote:You are right and kinda wrong, Viper had boring points but look at the backround story. Knight riders backround story was NOTHING. Sorry to say but, Viper had a better backround story and is more believable thats why it took a while for some action.For example knight rider's backround story was about some random cop gets his face shot off some guy finds him and reconsructs his face and he is your typical guy driving a high tech car that ANYONE could drive. Viper had this backround story, a disabled but creative man invents a morphing technonlogy that came in handy for an armour for a pursuit car but the car was difficult to control. While a gang of thugs working for higher ups are terrorizing a large city, there best driver had bounced off a bus, was pronounced dead and had his memory erased, (based in the future don't forget!) was brought back as the hottest pursuit driver in this city. Once behind the wheel the fun starts. You were wrong about the action, about 5 min into the pilot there was a robbery and there alot of action. Then once the hottest driver gets behind the wheel more action... and on on on. Yeah sure knight rider was way more famous when it first had come out and only for 2 seasons but, it never even lasted as long as Viper. Viper + knight rider were being shown around the world but, Viper at the time is was syndicated was 2nd the most famous show in the world and had WAY more fans then knight rider did in all of north america and also Viper was more known around the world the Knight rider. Viper was and still the 2nd most famous show in europe! Viper's ratings at first on NBC were not even close to knight riders but, Viper's syndicated ratings put knight rider's end of Season 2 - 4's way way way down! After Season 2 and Season 3 of knight rider, millions and millions of people were getting tired of "the same crap" (quoted one avid Knight rider fan) millions were stopping with Knight rider over night, while more and more people by season 3 of Viper were watching overseas. Viper did well but, not as well as knight rider here (north america) but overseas Viper was more of a sucess and if you went to this board this for Germany and said "Remember Kitt, knight rider" (in german, what ever it was called) People would say "Uah no?" But if you said "Viper" it would be "O the transforming car?" Some guy a while asked people if they remembered KR none of them really remembered it, someone mentioned Viper they started talking about it. See you can't really compare the shows! But they sure as hell could do a VS and sorry to say again but, the Viper Defender would win.
Please, you are obviously a Viper troll. You are talking about popularity ratings wise, but in reality, Viper never was and never has been as popular as Knight Rider. Ask any 10 year old today who hasn't seen either show what Knight Rider is, and he will tell you, maybe not in great detail what it is, but he will mention "that talking black car". Viper? I highly doubt he will have any recollection of the car or the show. Not bad for a 20 something year old show.

Also, you are comparing ratings of a show from the 90's to a show from the 80's, there is no fool proof, logical way you can do that. You can stare at the numbers all day, but there are a lot of variables from each time period related to their respective ratings. Media, for one.

Knight Rider is an ICON, a fixture of Hollywood, the American movie and tv show culture. Viper is a has been, another show like Thunder in Paradise and Streethawk, which didn't even leave a dent in the minds of it's viewers. Remember this, if there was no Knight Rider, there would be no Viper. Even in the promotions, NBC used to mention Knight Rider so Viper could ride it's coattails.

Also, you want to talk about fake technology, like moving dice? Yes, some of the stuff KITT did was laughable, but that's how the show was, a little corny, a little funny, very entertaining. It wasn't this serious, snobby nosed stuck up show where everything was serious, and it was all wam bam all day, that's why Michael didn't carry a gun, MUCH LESS KITT!. Knight Rider had heart, I could give a rats ass who drove the Viper, but there was an emotional attachment to the FLAG guys, Bonnie, Devon, Michael and April.

Also, comparing the cars the way you do, it seems like you are, what, 5 years old? LMAO. Earth to Viper.....They were FICTIONAL TV SHOWS!!!! You can sit on your computer and argue till your balls are blue, it doesn't prove anything!!!! Your "facts" about the Viper are just creative *?$# ideas that producers made up to make Viper cool. Same thing applies to KITT. If you believe in Ram TurboJet engines and snakeskin morphing technology, and are retarded enough to argue for days about who can beat who, then you need to get out more often or get laid, seriously!

It is fun to talk about and debate this, but not to a point where it takes over your mind, dude! It's fun, that you come here and bring a different perspective and point of view, but at this point, you're just trolling because you have a hard on for a Dodge.

Oh, and they started destroying KITT because they started running out of ideas, I believe for one, and also, THOSE WERE THE MOST ENTERTAINING episodes, in my opinion. It showed that KITT was also "human". That episode where KITT is crying out for Michael to help him is so touching, you forget that KITT is a computer. KITT was his teamates buddy, Viper was a tool. That's the key element in what made KR better. Take some film classes, and you'll see what I mean. If you are going to make a show about a car, make sure that the car is what dominates the screen, nobody is tuning in to watch the guy behind the wheel. KITT did that.

Most Viper viewers were like me, expecting something funny, entertaining and enlightning as Knight Rider, only to be let down by a car that should have been driven by RoboCop.

Bottom line, Viper, coooool freaking car....ZERO personality. Goes for the show as well.

nbcviper
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

ok sure

Post by nbcviper » Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:02 pm

You don't need to be targeting me personally and I don't have a freakin hard on for a dodge! Thats friggin sick, and btw I don't sit at home wacking it to david hasselhoff and a black 1982 trans with odd stuff. Ok well you guys undertsand that yes The defender could defeat kitt but whats funny is your comparing two shows that are no better than each other. Im not comparing the shows themselves, I was comparing there ratings and yes KR's end of 2nd season begging of thirds Ratings were lower then Viper's Syndicated ratings. Viper is an icon in germany BTW, hell some funding came from them! Also you need to sit down and watch an episode or two of Viper! Theres a hell of alot of heart! Joe astor fighting with his criminal past, Joe astor running threw different women etc. So don't bitch about a show you haven't even really seen! Lets stop, I got the answer I wanted case closed!
the day after tomorrow, NBCVIPER

Nismogtr21
Recruit

Re: ok sure

Post by Nismogtr21 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:14 pm

nbcviper wrote:You don't need to be targeting me personally and I don't have a freakin hard on for a dodge! Thats friggin sick, and btw I don't sit at home wacking it to david hasselhoff and a black 1982 trans with odd stuff. Ok well you guys undertsand that yes The defender could defeat kitt but whats funny is your comparing two shows that are no better than each other. Im not comparing the shows themselves, I was comparing there ratings and yes KR's end of 2nd season begging of thirds Ratings were lower then Viper's Syndicated ratings. Viper is an icon in germany BTW, hell some funding came from them! Also you need to sit down and watch an episode or two of Viper! Theres a hell of alot of heart! Joe astor fighting with his criminal past, Joe astor running threw different women etc. So don't bitch about a show you haven't even really seen! Lets stop, I got the answer I wanted case closed!
Yeah, ok, I never saw the show, and how did you come to that conclusion?

You're whining about the same thing over and over again...the ratings. Whos gives a @$%!? Like I said before, it's not just about the numbers. There are a lot of other things involved. Obviously you can't get that through your thick skull.

J-Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by J-Knight » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:16 pm

Ok come on lets just leave it now. Were going abit over the top getting personal. I think we should lock this one :(
Devon-"Shall we drink to the start of.."
Michael-"Of what?"
Devon-"One mans Dream"

nbcviper
Rookie

Post by nbcviper » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:20 pm

I got my answer
the day after tomorrow, NBCVIPER