You guys need to read this!!!

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: Matthew, neps, Michael Pajaro

User avatar
nbcviper
Rookie
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:37 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Wow

Post by nbcviper » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:59 pm

This is about knight rider and Viper, if you don't like the thread then don't read it! (Not directed at michael) I have some proof but I need to find the damn ratings again, there was that site that had Viper's international ratings but it's gone... there are some problems, when someone on these boards has never heard of Viper or any other show they automatically think it sucks or its boring so they bash it. Most KR fans are Viper fans, see alot of you guys if you gave Viper a chance I know you probably would like it, also I need some people to help me get the damn thing on DVD. Everyone check out http://www.projectviper.com/media.php and watch some of those videos and you'll see how Viper is cool also.
the day after tomorrow, NBCVIPER

User avatar
J-Knight
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 374
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:59 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Renfrew, Scotland

Post by J-Knight » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:12 pm

It maybe "cool also", but the point is this is the Knight rider section of a knight rider board. Viper isn't knight Rider so shouldn't this debate be in the lounge? Not just this but any other topics concerning it?
Devon-"Shall we drink to the start of.."
Michael-"Of what?"
Devon-"One mans Dream"

User avatar
Michael Pajaro
Advisor
Posts: 3082
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:20 pm

While we certainly don't want to see Viper topics in the main area, I think this specific thread is sufficientlly on-topic to stay. For now.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

User avatar
J-Knight
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 374
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:59 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Renfrew, Scotland

Post by J-Knight » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:21 pm

Ok ;)

I've said my pice on this topic then.
Last edited by J-Knight on Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Devon-"Shall we drink to the start of.."
Michael-"Of what?"
Devon-"One mans Dream"

User avatar
nbcviper
Rookie
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:37 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

ok here

Post by nbcviper » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:22 pm

Ill say this much Viper is NOOO better then knight rider and Knight rider is NOOO better then Viper in terms of TV shows, The cars though.... The defender can win a VS and if I have to ill prove it!








Thanks mike
the day after tomorrow, NBCVIPER

User avatar
James_kr
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 894
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:49 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Post by James_kr » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:41 pm

The Viper is a concept car it sounds like some V8 when KITT was a Knight Industries Turbojet.

That forum is probably run by you for my guess. And also it doesn't look like anyone posts there.
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

User avatar
krfan1
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 303
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Post by krfan1 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:50 pm

KITT could do 0-60 in .4 seconds if I remember correctly (with the Knight Industires Turbojet with modified Afterburners)

The creators of Viper took SID from KR and turned that into the Probe.

KITT's armor can withstand a lot more than the Defneder's armor (remember the episode where the guys on motorcycles keep shooting machine guns at the Defender nonstop and the armor is starting to deteriorate.--it had Cole in that ep)

KITT can also withstand the heat like the Viper.


KITT could jam the communications in the Viper (since it's Microwave, just use the Microwave Jammer)

KITT could also drive offroad. KITT had spikes that could deploy from his tires when needed.

KITT could go on water long before the Viper-- in Return to Cadiz

Funny how that thread you linked to originally had all the Viper people thinking Viper would be on longer than KR. It wasn't. It last ed Four seasons (like KR). However KR had more episodes in its four seasons (since S1 of Viper was only 13 eps)

Concerning the DVD release, I check a few sites every now and then, and I havn't even seen the word Viper pop up. Yes, it's possible...but it's "possible" that every TV show can come out on DVD. Will it...nope!

And yes, I have episodes on tape from all four seasons of Viper.

krfan1

User avatar
nbcviper
Rookie
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:37 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

wow

Post by nbcviper » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:52 am

See no offense but, no the Defender could out run Kitt, reason is because of the turbo jet in the back. SID was used in 1 episode of KR the probe has been used in almost every episode of Viper. No kitts armour cannot withstand more, the Vipers armour didn't start to shred from the guys in the motorcycle so no offense but right there you have no idea what your talking about i have the episode your talking about, kitt just has a spray on him that can withstand high impacts the defender has thick panels of armour and kitt wouldn't be able to have something at high speed come crashing into him! Kitt cannot microjam the Defender because after the episode titled black box, Allie installed a sercurity system that made it so almost no other outside electircal system could get into the defender, also kitt probably couldn't even without the defender's sercurity system because he's from the 80's and as i've said the Defender is 21st century technology so kitt wouldn't have a chance! There are episodes of Viper out there that were made and never aired and theres only 12 episodes not 13 of Viper Season one. I do know from an interview with hasselhoff that there were no episodes made that never aired, all of these rumours were created but there are no unaired KR episodes. There are legal reasons for why Viper isn't on DVD yet.
the day after tomorrow, NBCVIPER

User avatar
sarfraz
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: London, UK

Post by sarfraz » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:26 am

Michael Pajaro wrote:While we certainly don't want to see Viper topics in the main area, I think this specific thread is sufficientlly on-topic to stay. For now.


Hey Mike. You dont by any chance have Knight Riders international ratings figures do you. I know it was highly popular in the UK and Europe but not sure how much.

Back on this argument. The KITT vs Viper car battle is purely an objective argument. Usless they were real and fought each other we wouldn't know. I really don't care about this as were not going to get a definite answer.

However what really gets up my goat (sorry thats a british term!) is this "Viper is more popular than Knight Rider". The car probably is but thats not because of the show but the car. If Knight Rider was a Corvette then we wouldn't have that! The fact is that fans of the Viper car are inclined to like the show:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52065

To help nbcviper out abit. I think this is the thread he was referring to. But that doesn't really help him as the much as I thought. The car site is not dedicated to any one car so will invariably pull a larger crowd of people than one dedicated a specific topic. Take the projectviper.com forum as an example. One thing I would say about that is that theres too many catergories.

How much of Viper not getting to DVD is based on Dodge not wanting it on DVD, dont know but just think. You would think people want to make money? Whatever. I'm not here saying Viper is rubbish just that I'm finding it very hard to believe its remotely as popular as Knight Rider. It definitely is not in the UK. Knight Rider is way way way more popular. Actually I think even John Prescott is more popular than the Viper show in the UK :lol:

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

User avatar
nbcviper
Rookie
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:37 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Look

Post by nbcviper » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:29 am

There are so many legal reason for Viper not being on DVD I don't want to type over 100 paragraphs about it, but it is and soon will be on DVD. :roll:
the day after tomorrow, NBCVIPER

User avatar
James_kr
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 894
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:49 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Post by James_kr » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:12 am

you are actually giving links to downloads of the episodes. That's how unpopular it is.

KITT's technology is so advanced cars are actually using some things designed in the show.

The only times I ever here about the show is on these forums I don't even know if you talk about Knight Rider, except to compare it with the viper!
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

User avatar
nbcviper
Rookie
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:37 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

hehe

Post by nbcviper » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:18 am

I always talked about Viper, and knight rider. You just can't deal with the fact your "supercar" kitt can be finally beat by something that wasn't famous where you are.
the day after tomorrow, NBCVIPER

User avatar
James_kr
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 894
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:49 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Post by James_kr » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:25 am

"Instead of a problem ridden prototype, I'm the New Improved Model"

The Viper was like a concept car or (prototype).

I can't see the viper defeating KITT because its just not designed as well as KITT was. If the armor is dentable KITT could turbo boost right through the Viper.

KITT has different things added to him to infiltrate electrical interferance.

Also.. the Knight Industries Turbojet (WITH MODIFIED AFTERBURNERS) I think the whole turbojet was modified not just the afterburners. It would have to be specifically designed to handle the jet inside the engine bay. The exhaust system would have to also accomodate the exhaust the jet would produce. It was obiously very strong considering the ramjet.
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

User avatar
nbcviper
Rookie
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:37 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Wow

Post by nbcviper » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:47 am

Did you even read that link forum i posted? Also you've never seen Viper so bit your tongue pal. The defender's skin is way thicker then kitts spray on MBS. Deal with it! The defender can out run, destroy and is more technologically advanced then KITT. Read the list of the defenders functions and you will see! Kitt - 1980's technology! Viper defender - 21st century!!! I've said that way to much, it sounds like you're just thinking of lame reasons as to how kitt could beat the defender when I have proven that he can't with facts. Heres ways the defender could destroy kitt, (BTW kitts lazer has to be installed! it was installed for 2-3 episodes then taken out) First kitt wouldn't know whats going with the defender because of the defenders security system, so Joe/Cole opens the side pod and shoots the lazer into KITT's scanner. Kitt is done with, then the Joe/Cole could cut threw Kitt after he is immoblized and turn him into pieces, but that would be childish. #2 The Joe/Cole shoots the static pulse at kitt, it screws KITTs systems up and he goes into a shutdown. #3 The defender Rams Kitt (kitt could probably just evade the defender though) If the defender did get to ram Kitt going over 100 MPH then Kitt would be toast. #4 Use the grabbling hook on Kitts front bumper and pull it off (shoot where the fog lights are). #5 Holographic Projector (Kitt might sense that its a hologram) and fool Kitt into believeing that the defender is in one place and the defender surprises Kitt and rams him. The only way i've thought Kitt could destroy the car is shooting his lazer about 4-5 times (which it can only be shot twice) at the Viper RT/10's motor and the car will blow up. Kitt cannot use his microwave jammer, he cannot predict the cars moves because he would need to get into the cars systems which is impossible because of the sercurity system.
the day after tomorrow, NBCVIPER

User avatar
nbcviper
Rookie
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:37 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Brian

Post by nbcviper » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:51 am

A quote from a fellow KR/Viper fan (Soo True) :

"Let's see KITT was completely DESTROYED in 4 episodes in the Original
Series 4 season run.


The Viper was destoyed only once in 4 seasons -- I'd say the Viper is far
less vulernable than you make it out to be.


Don't forget, The Viper has an arsenal of weapons including .50 caliber
machine guns, static pulse, lasers, spider bombs and more. This is a moot
point on a KR newsgroup anyway -- Bias will come through. Besides, we had
this discussion already.


Brian"
the day after tomorrow, NBCVIPER

User avatar
James_kr
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 894
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:49 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Post by James_kr » Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:06 am

Most of what you just said sounded like lame reasons. Anyway I don't think KITT's scanner would actually take down all his systems. It has been shot at with a laser before and damaged but it didn't take all his systems down. KARR might have had a different setup so he could be vulnerable besides he was a prototype.

KITT didn't need weapons it wasn't necessery. I don't think the point of the show was using violence to stop crime.

Also I watched the opener of Viper and it looks all fake. Most of it looks like CGI.

It looks like a Team Knight Rider car. The Viper used what they thought was going to be 21st Century Technology.

Knight Industries designed most of the things that went into KITT and most of the technology they used back then was what we used today. All LED's on KITT's dash are used today for traffic lights and speed signs.

Turbo Boost acutally makes sense if you were able to design it using the right gas to push KITT up into the air.
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

User avatar
TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1297
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2003 11:09 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Brooklyn, NY 11208
Contact:

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:10 am

James_kr wrote:Turbo Boost acutally makes sense if you were able to design it using the right gas to push KITT up into the air.


Gonna need a lot of thrust to shoot a 3000 pound car in the air.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

User avatar
nbcviper
Rookie
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:37 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

wow

Post by nbcviper » Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:12 am

Brian to the rescue! Dood just deal with it! Kitt has one chance the defender has many more!

"But once again -- I'm not sure how effective Microjam would be on the
Viper. MicroJam is based on Science Fiction, the Viper's technologies
including its Morph and Static Pulse are based on military and law
enforcement technologies currently in use (however, current 'Morph'
technology is far less sophisticated than depicted on the show -- that's
why they set it in 'the near future.')


How does Microjam work? How can KITT control how dice land in a Casino
hundreds of feet away? How can KITT unlock handcuffs without touching
them? Its called science fiction.


Brian"

Also if Hasselhoff isn't behind the wheel you might be able to win as stated that Joe/Cole are way smarter then *cough* *cough* david hasselhoff.

"The Viper's drivers weren't mentally challenged.
Where David Hasselhoff needed all the help he could get!
The only dumber driver behind the wheel than Michael Knight was probably
Bo Duke -- that is scary.


Example: Goliath


"If we're quick enough -- we can take out his right front tire."


Earth to Michael Knight: That Semi weighs 25 more tons than your
vehicle.


Yet, in that same episode -- Michael figures out how to build a
ramjet out of a turbine. The funny part is -- this is completely
impossible, a ramjet only functions if the vehicle is already
traveling at supersonic speeds (700+ Mph). Gee, that's
consistent (sarcasm). Dumb enough to ram an 18 wheeler, Smart
enough to defy physics.

Brian"
the day after tomorrow, NBCVIPER

User avatar
James_kr
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 894
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:49 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Post by James_kr » Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:24 am

TurbomanKnight wrote:
James_kr wrote:Turbo Boost acutally makes sense if you were able to design it using the right gas to push KITT up into the air.


Gonna need a lot of thrust to shoot a 3000 pound car in the air.


lol, that's what your going to need to push it up. Depending on how many jets there are under it and what gas it uses to give the necerserry thrust.
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

User avatar
nbcviper
Rookie
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:37 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Turbo boost is very possible

Post by nbcviper » Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:33 am

Turbo boost is very possible all you need is gas, and hydralics. If you put more hydralic push on the back tires of and car and push some gas for a push off, lol probably helium in the tires. Still Turbo boost is very possible :o
the day after tomorrow, NBCVIPER

User avatar
J-Knight
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 374
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:59 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Renfrew, Scotland

Re: Wow

Post by J-Knight » Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:19 am

nbcviper wrote:The defender's skin is way thicker then kitts spray on MBS. Deal with it!


WTF "deal With it". No one has to deal with anything. No one actually cares which is better. KITT or Viper. You sound like your just trying to cause trouble which no one can be bothered with. :roll:
Devon-"Shall we drink to the start of.."
Michael-"Of what?"
Devon-"One mans Dream"

User avatar
nbcviper
Rookie
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:37 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Team?

Post by nbcviper » Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:22 am

What if they teamed up? (without hasselhoff) Kitt + Flag with the Viper team that would be sweet. :P
the day after tomorrow, NBCVIPER

User avatar
Wizster
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 342
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:06 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: UK

Post by Wizster » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:33 am

You appear to know much more about Viper than we do and you even state this, so what's the point of us arguing against you.

These arguments you put across just don't match up on both sides. You mention that Viper was destroyed once in 4 series in contrast to KITT's 4 times, but this doesn't relate to how they'd compare against each other. There are plenty of shows in which a car doesn't get destroyed once, so does that make it stronger than both of them, or doesn it mean it was just never tested enough. Most of your arguments seem to be along this route such as popularity measuring in people of different decades rather than TV market share at the time in relation to other competitng shows. These are therfore pointless.

I personally don't care which would win as the're both (look away fans :o ) fictional cars from different eras.

Sometimes it can be fun to have a debate such as this, but not when you've obviously already made your decision and have come to a Knight Rider board just to talk about Viper and how much better it is than our show.

I suggest you calm the Viper talk if you want the respect of the members here, or else perhaps just post on the Viper boards which appear to be your more natural home.


P.S. I don't believe you were surprised when you found that link saying Viper was better, more that you went searching for it to "prove" your argument.

User avatar
nbcviper
Rookie
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:37 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

?

Post by nbcviper » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:39 am

I never said Viper the show was better, I was talking about the defender being better at things then kitt, and the defender would win in a vs. What I find funny is when some proves and says a car can beat kitt its "O we don't care" but then when someone says can kitt beat "whatever" then almost everyone says "yeah that car wouldn't stand a chance" without facts.
the day after tomorrow, NBCVIPER

User avatar
Wizster
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 342
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:06 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: UK

Post by Wizster » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:55 am

nbcviper wrote:I never said Viper the show was better, I was talking about the defender being better at things then kitt, and the defender would win in a vs. What I find funny is when some proves and says a car can beat kitt its "O we don't care" but then when someone says can kitt beat "whatever" then almost everyone says "yeah that car wouldn't stand a chance" without facts.


I apologise in that I used Viper to mean the show as well as the car on it. The most Viper I have seen is the introduction sequence, through a link you yourself posted.

I also agree that people are more receptive to arguments that KITT is better than other cars than vice versa. This is because we are fans of the Knight Rider and would like to see "our" car win.

What I think has got most people's backs up is that you clearly have an agenda of making the defender sound better than KITT and that a high majortiy of your posts are centered on Viper rather than Knight Rider and that they are posted in the General Discussion part of the KR board. In the Lounge, where its more accepted to talk about other shoes, this argument would suit better. In fact, there was a topic on which robot would win in a battle and although KITT won, there are plenty of opposition voting which shows people won't always back KITT without thinking.

http://www.knightrideronline.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=5377

Locked